“Cute - and unusual”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Cute - and unusual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The man on he door was lovely and chatted to us. The video on the history of butter and how it was marketed globally is a little dated and not too many women present - but this place made me smile

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Haderslev, Denmark
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Butter - a small museum tells a Big story”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

A small museum that tells a unique Story of a butter adventure in ireland. Its not a modern museum and i find it a bit rusty but there are some fine detailis.
It starts wit a video (20 minutes) and that's is too long for both us and the kids. Nice postcards there.
I would recommend the museum beause its probably the only butter museum in the World.

Visited July 2012
Cork
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had people staying and it was raining so decided we'd give it a shot, we were pleasently surprised. It was very interesting. Great footage of the old adds and how they were made, very funny as well. Didn't know we exported to India, most informative, really enjoyed it.

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Please don't take your children here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was fun enough, if only for the wonderfully dated video on the history of butter production that they show you at the start. It was a small museum but enough to keep us entertained for 20 minutes or so, but I would have died of boredom as a child. 3 euros seemed a bit steep for what amounts to an old VHS put out by the butter producers and a few items.

5 Thank bluemoosed
Tampa, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Small, intimate, interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I wandered into this museum on a rainy day since it was near St. Ann's church with its Shandon bells. My senior ticket cost three euros and I thought it was worth the price. But you need to be interested in butter. I had just finished walking on the old butter road in Kerry, so I was very interested in the history of Irish butter. And, since I'd been "pigging out" on Irish bread and butter all week, I was intrigued at why it tased so rich and creamy. You will find all this out, and more, via videos and exhibit cases. Actutally, the museum seems to be a tribute to the Kerry Gold company, especially if you take the time to watch the videos, but, overall, I felt it was time well spent. Too bad the gift shop doesn't sell Irish butter. I would have bought a backpack's worth to take home with me!

Visited May 2012