“Nice Waterfall”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Durham
“Nice Waterfall”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and no real complaints apart from the lift being a bit dodgy. It is an old building and the decor could probably do with freshening up a bit. Service was generally good, as was the food. The restaurant situation is a bit weird though because there is an Isaacs restaurant which is attached to the hotel but not part of it. The hotel restaurant is called Greenes and this is where you can sit outside by the artificial waterfall. We did this on the last night and had a great meal, even though it was raining, the heaters and canopy kept us very cosy. Could have done with slightly more comfortable chairs though!

Hotel is situated a couple of blocks from the river and only a 5 minute walk into the main centre

Room Tip: Rooms over the courtyard can get a bit noisy late at night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Cork to find our apartment double booked and on recommendation we called into check availability and price.
Daniel on the front desk was amazing, he couldn't put us all together as the were booked up but he was able to get us single rooms last minute and we were very grateful.
Breakfast was cooked to order and amazing, can't wait to stay there again

• Stayed August 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Enjoyed a 1 night stay here. Location is ideal for those wishing to party or shop in Cork city centre. The surroundings are very pretty, a beautiful water feature when you enter and a spacious reception area. Room was nice: bathroom could definitely do with some TLC but clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful. I left some items behind me and received a phone call, on the same day as my departure, informing me that my possessions would be sent in the post immediately. This was very much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 5, 2013

For the price and the good reviews this hotel as received, I felt very disappointed when I entered my room. The lobby is nice with plenty of nice leather chairs to relax in. But the leather chair in my room was old and big pieces of leather were missing from it. There were holes in the bed sheets and the room felt old and dirty. Both the walls and the floor were stained several times over. The room was cleaned as well as it probably could be. The bathroom was small and there were mould in the cracks and corners. The window could be opened which was good as the room was very warm. However the window handles were broken so it could not be closed fully. When the people in the room above walked the ceiling lamp sounds as it would fall down every time, quite annoying during the night. There was a small flat screen TV in the room and a hair-dryer.

The location of the hotel is great. Just few minutes to St Patricks quay where the airport buses stops and then over the bridge and you are in the city centre. There is a Spar just next to the hotel and there are several of pubs and restaurants on the street. The service was good, the people in the reception were friendly and helpful. I ordered room service and the service and food was great. It seems as this was a great hotel a few years back but has since then become old and in desperate need for some renovations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank soffis
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel Isaacs, Cork is a perfect location for staying in the city, parking was just around the corning and only 5 Euro per night. Our room was a little dated and had a 'musty' smell to it but we were really only there to sleep. (a room that overlooks the street can be a bit noisy FYI) the staff were very friendly, the lifts a little shady, but all in all a good experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As frequent visitor to Cork and having stayed in the Isaacs a few years ago, my recent visit to the Isaacs this month was wholly unsatisfactory. I booked a non smoking room for myself and husband this was also confirmed on my booking form. When I got to my room it was obvious that it was a smoking room by the smell and there was an ashtray on the table. I was advised by the receptionist that this was prepared as a non smoking room by staff( whatever that means!) sadly the room smelt very stuffy and dirty. The room was at the front of the hotel and there was constant noise from the bar across the road until at least 1.00am. On the following day we returned after sightseeing at about 6.00pm to find our room was not cleaned! I spoke to reception staff who said I advised the Housekeeping that I did not need my room cleaned! I was very annoyed he said there was nothing he could do as the staff had gone home. After ringing again to reception I managed to get clean towels for the room. I completed a complaint form on my departure but I was unable to speak to a manager. The Isaacs is in urgent need of updating and needs to employ staff who address customer complaints.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room at the back of the Hotel
3 Thank TERESA W
tyrone
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel Isaacs in Cork for two nights at the end of July. We found the hotel excellent in every way: location: just five minutes walk to centre of city shops, restaurants, etc; few minutes from train and bus station; reception staff friendly and helpful; hotel kept spotless and rooms cleaned every day; breakfast was plentiful and freshly cooked, well presented in dining room. Our bathroom had recently been updated with modern showers, etc. We did not have our evening meal in the hotel so could not comment on this.
We found the system for logging into WiFi very time-consuming and not always effective. Maybe need to update this as most clients now use WiFi for phones etc.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the beautiful waterfall and this was very pleasant. it is switched off during th...