“Unique waterfall illumination”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cork
clonmel
“Unique waterfall illumination”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hi there, just back from a short stay in Isaac's Hotel in Cork ., where we were met on arrival by a very pleasant receptionist, who efficiently booked us in, described the two in house restaurants and advised us to book if we wished to eat there.The lobby was quite nice, though small, with leather seats and a "gentleman's club" feel.Our room was a strange shape, being actually three rooms,consisting of spotlessly clean bathroom, door, sitting area, door and bedroom, but that aside it was very comfortable.Free teamaking , safe and trouserpress were provided, and our room looked out on the illuminated waterfall, which was an unusual feature. The lift was small and more like a goods lift, and as I am slightly claustraphobic I preferred to use the stairs. My meal in Green's restaurant was reasonably good, but my wife's fish dish was exceptionally good. They have an arrangement where we could swim for a fee of e5 in the Metropole hotel opposite,and the hotel is within walking distance of the city centre , Shandon Bells and Buttermarket, and the Everyman Theatre is just across the road. I certainly will use this hotel again, but only for a stay of one or two days.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are much quieter, especially at weekends
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was traveling trough Ireland during this summer. I had a lot of opportunities to compare cities and hotels I was there. I can say that this one I'd recommend not only to my friends but also to my hated persons. We stayed with my family in associated appartements where we were going through the poor awful yard with doors to restaurant kitchen. Equipment in appartement can be a good in a student hostel but not in the hotel. I was really disappointed by this accomodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cork
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Loved the look of the hotel - nice decor and location. Bed huge and very comfy, but pillows unfortunately a bit lumpy. The young men working on reception were very efficient and courteous, and very helpful with directions around the city

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ISLE OF MAN
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here a couple of times and the apartments work out very cheap and handy for the theatre or casino. Late bar in reception and the restaurant downstairs is great and always busy.
You cant go wrong here for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cork
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Sorry Isaacs, your staff are very polite and helpful, your car parking facilities very good and secure but your apartments dreadful.
Absolutely awful accommodation which can only be likened to damp, dingy student accommodation. The apartment was on the first floor, the smell of damp, mustiness and mould hit you the second you opened the door. It was extremely cold in the apartment and the windows had been left open, presumably to cover the overpowering smell of damp in the 2nd bedroom - I certainly wouldnt have let anyone sleep in this room.
I got the heating going and sat wrapped in a blanket with my back against the radiator trying to get warm for hours. Eventually I had to give the lounge up as a bad job and packed off to bed with 2 extra blankets for warmth.
There was no working heater in the bathroom and the conditions were arctic in there with a fan pumping away creating a horrible draught - you need to be brave to strip off in there!, the toilet flush packed up at 5pm and after numerous attempts at flushing during the evening it failed to work but miraculously was working at 5am.
Had read the reviews before I came here and was surprised at what I found - nothing like home - sorry would never recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very central , excellent bars and restaurants nearby
Did not have evening meals but breakfast very good
Rooms spacious and modern
Very atmospheric and romantic garden with large waterfall that is quite magical,when lit at night
Staff friendly and helpful
Very good value
Would definitely stay again
Only negative is sheets and blankets .i sleep better with duvet

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Galway ,Ireland
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night on the Jazz weekend.The hotel is very well located, nearly opposite the Metropole Hotel.It has an old world charm.The room was very quiet overlooking the side entrance.What stood out was the staff.Jeremy was very kind and organised a massage for my husband at the Imperial Hotel on Saturday afternoon as their sister hotel ,the Metropole was unavailable..We were also allowed to leave our car in the car park until late afternoon when we were leaving the city.Thank you.
We certainly will return for another break.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple