“Pleasant stay at self-catering apartments”
Review of Hotel Isaacs Cork

Hotel Isaacs Cork
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my partner prefer to have our own space when we go away so we stayed at the self catering apartments at the back of hotel issacs. The apartment was clean and a good size for the two of us, though might have been a bit cramped for 4 adults (there was a second double room we didn't use). There were some oddities e.g. skirting board prevented one of the cupboards in the bathroom from opening, but nothing drastic. Kitchen had everything in we needed (including a caffetiere for my caffeine dependant other half!). We had a comfortable stay and I would happily go back. Great location for exploring cork and going out in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had a three night stay at Hotel Isaacs Cork. very good value for money, staff friendly and helpful. Nice spacious room, clean and tidy. the only down side - we were at the front of the hotel and the street noise was fairly bad if the windows were open, but it was a city centre hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with outside space - the waterfall and courtyard made for a very nice place to sit and have a drink. I would certainly stay here again but at the back!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the courtyard might be better than one at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We enjoyed our stay but are disgusted that the hotel pre approved my debit card, then charged me full price on top and I am still waiting for the release of my pre approved payment back into my account and it's over a week later. I would not recommend this hotel for this reason.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TJ39
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our room was at the front of the hotel and looking out on the main street. The noise of traffic was simply unbearable. My sleep was affected every night. Also the noise outside in the corridor and adjacent rooms was very intrusive. Staff were either fine or indifferent. Not a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Longitudinal
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The good. Very pleasant staff, extremely good location (5 minutes walk from city center) , nice spacious and very clean room, and excellent value. We didn't try the restaurant but i believe it is extremely good.

Both myself and my wife love this hotel and we're planning on returning soon for another city break.

There is parking located about 150 meters away in a secure area (church grounds) for 5euro per day, this is great value for city parking. I was a bit dubious at first but it was perfectly fine. You do have to ask for a key fob to open the gates and then return it immediately afterwards, but there was never any issues with this.

The bad: I've read many reviews about this hotel where people complain about the noise. Yes, there IS noise from the street . .it's a city hotel for f sake! I've always had issues with sleeping in city hotels due to noise, not just the Isaacs. If you are a light sleeper then there is a cheap solution no matter what hotel you stay in. EAR PLUGS! bring them and stop whining. (yes if you wrote a review complaining about noise them i'm talking to you)

Room Tip: Beware street facing rooms, you will experience noise so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daviddowling21
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and the Hotel is located in a really good location just a few mins walk from the Town Centre. It is a good base for tourists.
I had a really bad reaction to the pillow cases on the first night and got up after scratching my face raw to find it bleeding. I went down to reception and explained to receptionist who was extremely apologetic. She then spoke to the Manager, who sent someone out for 2 new feather pillows and 2 new pillowcases. The issue was what they were washed in at the laundry, not anything sinister. Was really impressed!

When we got to our room it smelt of stale cigarette smoke and we had specifically asked for a non smokers room. After opening the windows wide for the day, we found an ashtray with a cigarette end in it in one of the bedside tables....we went to reception to complain and they used the machine in the room. It was better but unimpressed with the level of cleaning by housekeeping staff!
The rooms, particularly the bathrooms need updating. The room was a good size though and itself not too bad.

We didn't eat there so are unable to comment on the food, but the menu was "fancy", everything was Gormet and there was no plain food on there.

Overall though it wasn't a bad stay apart from the couple of hiccups at the beginning of the stay,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

once we figured out the 1 way system we got parked and headed into the hotel. We were staying in the hotel apratments which you had to go out the front of the hotel, down the street put a security code into a huge iron gate and walk down an alley way that is also the back of the kitchen where there are bins and a compresser machine (squashes cardboard) which was a little strange. We got into our apartmetn and found it very warm alothough we turned down the temp gage to the lowest setting and open all the windows in the middle of the night we woke up sweating there was a desk fan in our room so this was turned on so this must be an issue that they are aware off. woke up in the morning with the noise from the kitchens. dont get me wrong this is my only negative about the place as the living area was clean and spacious kitchen had a cooker, large fridge and a dish washer where they provided tablets. check out is at 10am though which i though was a little early but they were nice about the fact we over slept :D

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends