“Really great savoury food”
Review of Annie's Gastropub - CLOSED

Annie's Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were 4 adults and 2 kids on a Saturday night. Atmosphere was relaxed and informal, edging on smart. Service was sufficient and friendly but not outstanding. The food; we had quail, fish pie, steak and sausages, no starters. All the mains were fab, the quail was the best with a great caramelisation and good roast veg. It was also served with steamed veg, these lacked seasoning and flavour but I loved the main so much that I didn't care. The desserts were adequate but did not live up to the standard of the mains. I could go on about the food here all day and over sell it so my advice is if your in Cork go to Annie's; I've just spent 3weeks traveling in the states and Hawaii (eating in 5 star hotels) and nothing I ate there can compare to this and at a €160 for 6 people incl wine Annie's gets my vote.

1  Thank Frankascanbe

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was a surprise booking for me and it was fantastic. The food was great and so was the service. I will be visiting again.

1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tried here again after giving it a skip for a year but it is close to where I live. Had soup and a lamb burger. The soup tasted of pure chili oil and the lamb burger and chips were dried out
Never again !

1  Thank jerry2623
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Off the beaten track, Annie's is a hidden gem in Cork and is far, far superior to the #47 ranking it currently has. The menu changes daily and there is always something for someone to enjoy, an excellently varied menu. The red snapper I had there the last time I visited was one of the nicest fish dishes I have ever had and the lemon tart is a favourite of mine and I am not even that much of a sweet tooth.

2  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazeballs!

There is no word in the English dictionary that I can use to describe the excellence of Annie's Gastropub so I have chosen to create another to equal the supreme cuisine of this dining palace.
I have eaten here anumerous amount of times and it just keeps getting better! I stand by saying it that Annie's undoubtedly has the best food in Cork! Everything served in Annie's is s fresh and tasty and so much better than your average place. All ingredients are purchased daily from the English Market. Good selection of wines available. staff are very friendly and pleasant and I will go back each the next time I am visiting Cork. Would Highly recommend.
This place is a huge credit especially to the all the Chefs/kitchen staff in Annie's as they produce some of the best food I've ever experienced. The menu changes daily.

If i could give this restaurant 10stars I would for efficiency, atmosphere, quality, quantity and price. Annie's is undoubtedly Ireland's premier Gastropub of 2013.
********** 10stars.