“Well worth a visit.”

Book In Advance
More Info
$158.84*
and up
Luxury Shore Excursion: Cork Day Trip from Cobh including Kinsale and Blarney...
Ranked #9 of 149 things to do in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: A stately 19th-century cathedral dedicated to the patron saint of Cork.
Dublin, Ireland
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Take time to drop in to a very interesting structure.We loved the stained glass windows and the pulpit carvings.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Magnificent Gothic Building”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great Building, 1000 years old. The Gothic Features are outstanding. The inside is a little disappoint in comparison but it would be hard to beat the outside. We were there for a service and the Choir and chanting was amazing.

Visited September 2013
Eugene, Oregon
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing Cathedral”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My mom and I went here while on Insight Vacation's Britain and Ireland Discovery 26-day tour. What an amazing cathedral. The interior was beautiful as was the outside. I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Cork, Ireland!

Fort Worth
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Call ahead to check for weddings!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hiked across Cork to visit the cathedral on a Saturday afternoon and got there just as it closed for 2 hours for a wedding. Never did get inside but the exterior was interesting. Hope to get inside on my next visit.

Visited August 2013
Martin D, Manager at St Fin Barre's Cathedral, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Jim M.

That sounds like an amazing trek you did and I hope you got to see lots of sites. Im very sorry that your visit coincided with a wedding. As it happens it was officiated by Bishop Colton and the couple were delighted to be married in a heritage building. Unfortunately for tourists we do close for weddings and funerals, as the primary function of the building is religious and we prioritise that rather than any other function and I hope you can understand this.

Next time you visit, e-mail me in advance, and I will do my best to greet you for a tour. No cost.

When you were here I hope you got to see the other attractions near by such as the museum, UCC with the Ogham stones, Honan chapel and the Gluxman gallery.

Best of luck with your travels.

Martin Dier
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cathedral - Great Tour”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visited this beautiful cathedral in Sept 2013 and was very happy with the experience. My guide was Joseph S., who was one of the most knowledgeable and friendly guides I've ever had. I'm always surprised by how much there is to know about old church sites but I am never disappointed. I can't recommend this lovely site enough.

Visited September 2013
Martin D, Manager at St Fin Barre's Cathedral, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Lucy L.

Thank you for your kind review.
Ill pass on your comments to Joseph who will no doubt be expecting a substantial raise on the strength of your review.
He is a very knowledgeable guide and is also an excellent photographer and is obviously passionate about the Cathedral.
He will be beside himself with pride after this attention!

Slán