WINNER WONDERLAND

and up
Cork Audio Tour
Ranked #10 of 144 things to do in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Cork's most prominent landmarks, you can enjoy the unique experience of ringing the original 18th Century Church bells, view the mechanism of the famous four faced liar clock, climb the tower to experience spectacular views of Cork City and beyond and visit the beautiful interior of St, Anne's church, one of Cork's oldest buildings.
Albany, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You can ring my bell... or Cork's?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

For giggles, I went to St. Anne's to check out the belfry and to get a 360 view of the city. Though I do not see this as a career in my future, I did enjoy an attempt on the bells. During my visit, I met a number of locals that had never been there. The neighborhood nearby is immune to the raucous, for what I am told. For those of the LGBT community, this is also a friendly church to visit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bonnastares

• Polish first
Douglas, Cork
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Shandon Bells!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I visited today with my Mum. My Mum didn't realise it was a church as well. She thought we were only coming up to ring the Bells of Shandon. We had a great time. It is not guided, so you can climb the tower at your own pace and if you don't feel comfortable to go to the top, you don't have to. We didn't, but we were so happy to ring the bells of Shandon. A word for the wise, the steps are quite steep and narrow at places. My Mum is 71 and found it quite hard to get up.

Church is very nice. Small, but the stained glass windows are lovely. It also has a memorial for those who died in the Great War. Definitely a must when you are visiting Cork. It is free to go into the church, but it is €5 for adults and €4 for seniors/students.

Their website: http://www.shandonbells.ie/index.html

The staff were very nice and organised a taxi to get back to the city centre!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anniebannie1981
Holtsville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shandon Bells”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Definitely want to go to this church and climb the tower. you will have 360 degree views of cork and the river lee as well. make sure you ring the bells

2 Thank Christine U
Greenville, South Carolina
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Four Faced Liar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Be sure to climb the tower and ring the bells. Don't forget the ear muffs...it can be really loud. Great for kids.=, but the climb to the very top can be scary.

2 Thank m s
Arkansaw, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fascinating old building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

5 of us went up to play the bells and look out over Cork. It was an experience I will never forget. I don't think any place in the US would let 5 people walk around so high up unsupervised.

2 Thank 2rppelke