“typical airport hotel”

Cork Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2009

to start with it is 8 Euros to park despite being in the middle of nowhere.

always a game with the internet, of course it did not work after check-in assured me it would, so had to take a long trek back to reception to get it connected.

the TV was from the 1970's and had a poor connection.

probably OK for one night but you would never choose to return

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed April 25, 2009

Since I stayed here last year there must have been a change of management. It was like I was in a different hotel. clean and no filty cigarette buts to meet me at entrance. Clean and friendly. Manager made it his business to actualy say hello and check on me . This is rare today

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Keeping it short because there is not one thing I could fault this hotel on. Literally right across the road from the terminal building, about a 3 min walk. Reception - huge and check in was pain free. Really nice guy on receptoin when I checked in late at night and he was back on duty first thing next morning when I was checking out. Was a problem with booking my boss had done online and they trusted me enough to allow me to check out knowing my boss wouldn't be able to ring them til 10am to pay over the phone. Amazing! Room was huge - double bed, TV, trouser press, kettle, mini bar (!), hair dryer, lots of wardrobe space, desk with office chair, table and 2 chairs, nice size bathroom with a shower that took 2 layers of skin off me (loved it!!) Breakfast was great too - really nice waiter. Full Irish as well as usual continental all included in price which was 89euro in total for the night. Great hotel, spotlessly clean, very convenient, lovely staff. Perfect stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I visited Cork earlier this month for business reasons (with a bit of pleasure thrown in also). I was recommended this hotel by a colleague who stayed here a year ago. From the minute I stepped off that plane, they were looking out for me. The hotel taxi picked me up and it couldn't have been more than a minutes drive. After a long flight from Canada via the US and London it was most welcome. On arrival, the staff were very friendly even carrying my bags (!) which helped me relax straight away into the Irish way. Checking in took no time at all and before I knew where I was I had a pint of Guiness in front of me.
The rooms are spacious and clean (not too easy to find in Canada, let me tell you) with all the little things you could ever need like hair-dryers (not for balding guys like me though), soaps, comforters, etc. The rooms were also incredibly quiet, you can hardly hear the planes (being a small airport, it's not too bad).
The Breakfast each morning was great, I love those Irish sausages, locally reared I was told. The bar food in the evening was also very good with a good old Irish Pub atmosphere...some guys even started singing in the bar one night - awesome!
All in all I recognize great value for money when I see it and I will return...I will be back in Europe again in 6 months time or so and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CrazyCanuck1967
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Excellent location for Cork Airport. Very efficient staff, great breakfast. Bar food that night we stayed was good. Clean well equiped rooms. Would return.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Great location to from Cork airport. (Literally less than a five minute walk) Reception area looks well.Bar is nice, food nice and service friendly.Rooms are quite spacious and bath and shower in bathroom. The hotel is not up to Raddisson standard for everything else though. Decor is dated. Small tv in room and mini-bar empty bar milk. Heating is not adjustable and comes on when the hotel feels it should (not when you want!) and rooms are not noise proofed.During out stay the pool/jacussi and the gym were all closed for renovations which was a real pity.Its fine for a one night stay, but its just missing those few little things that should be there.Would recmmend coming back in summer 2009 perhaps when the place is actually finished.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2008

just back from a three night trip to cork with a couple of workmates. We booked the hotel with Late rooms after originally thinking we might stay at the travelodge and being put off by the reviews I read here I changed my mind and i am glad I did.

The staff at reception were friendly and obliging and nothing was too much trouble. We ate at the hotel Bar/restaurant one night and it was just ok- though my friend says the cod was worth avoiding. Bit scarce on staff but it was midweek and the hotel didnt seem particularly busy. It was 15 euros for a cab into town and we did that mostly because there were three of us.

the rooms were spacious and met all of our needs, we were quite happy cause we had a fridge to keep our drink in and wine glasses to drink it out of!!! we are easy pleased :) cork is blinking expensive!!!! couple of minor problems, the phone in my room didnt work and no one could figure out why. the boiler broke down on the thursday mornining and the showers were freezing and on friday the key card machine broke and we couldnt get into our room.

I found the staff very helpful in all of the above and to be honest I was pretty happy with the standard for 68 pounds sterling for two nights, infact I would say that it exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again.

I didnt find the noise too troublesome and my room was within view of the airport itself. I really liked the fact it was just a five minute walk and you were in departures/arrivals, excellent for anyone with an early flight or a late flight.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business