“good.over.night.hotel”

kerry
“good.over.night.hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in the Radisson on the 8 of july for one night
Everthing first class early flight next morning got a early morning call
And a great breakfast set us up for the day
Lovely room and very nice.staff
Will stay again

Room Tip: stayed at the back of the hotel very quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel has nice interior, rooms, lounge and breakfast room. Day staff nice, courteous but not really friendly. Night porter did not like being asked to provide water or milk. There is no bar service for guests after 11pm. Night porter provides no service. Restaurant is not the sort of place to invite friends for dinner. It is more breakfast room than a restaurant. Breakfast was nice, though limited and relatively expensive. Overall it is a hotel I would stay at if I had a morning flight out, or a late flight in. It is not a great place to spend more than two days.

Room Tip: Best to have front facing ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you liked the interior of our hotel. I was glad to read that you found our staff members to be courteous but disappointed that you found our staff members not to be friendly.

I will be addressing your point of the Night Porter not providing a bar service and I wish to apologise for this poor service.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Cahirciveen
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked this hotel as I have stayed at several Radisson hotels before and they have been great. This is supposed to be a 4* hotel at best on a good day it would not rise to that. The only good thing about the hotel was the courtesy bus that ferried us to The Cork International so we could get an evening meal, as you can only get bar food at the Radisson and the smell of chips frying was disgusting especially as I was in reception! The bathroom tiles and taps could have been a lot cleaner, on the plus side the sheets were clean and we were only staying one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Patsy,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to read that you had a disappointing stay with us and I will be addressing your points with the team here today.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future when you will experience our normal high standards of service.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have stayed before And was impressed so stayed again. Rooms good, Evening receptionist lovely. Dinner took a long time to arrive at table. Morning receptionist insisted only one night was prepaid even though I had original booking slip showing full prepayment. No grab and go breakfast available, no shuttle available. Had to walk to airport dragging suitcases. Receptionist stated he was only one available to help with everything and we would just have to wait! Quite rude. Early flight times don't leave much room for argument so we walked. Can't see staying again. Need reliable service when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience during your recent stay with us.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointment with regards to the poor service you received during your stay. I will certainly follow up on your comments with the team here but I can assure you that this is certainly not the normal standard of service on offer here at the hotel.

I would be delighted if you would afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future when you will be guaranteed the normal high standards of service which we offer.

Once again my sincere apologies for falling short on this occasion and I would be delighted if you would contact me directly at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com should you wish to stay with us in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here enroute to the UK - handy for the airport with free parking included in a very good deal. It was our first time to stay here - we usually stay at the Cork International Hotel but the deal at The Park Inn by Radisson was too good to turn down. The building itself looks like something you would find in a business park - not visually attractive. On arrival I could see that the furniture was cheap and cheerful - staff friendly and very nice - bedroom average but clean and so was the bathroom. We had a meal in the restaurant and it was good. So, you may well ask why the "Hmmmm" in the title - the "Hmmmm" is because the crockery is not clean, there are crumbs under tables, the salt and pepper have dirt all around the top - and I don't do "not clean" - breakfast was very average - fried eggs like rubber - I could get over all of that because there was a good choice but with overflowing bins in the breakfast area it was clear that the place had not been cleaned from the night before. One worrying part of our stay was when we were in bed watching TV the bedroom door suddenly opened, someone partially walked in and went out..I assumed that it was Room Service although noone called that out - if it was not Room Service then someone else had a key to our room! I mentioned this on check out to the Receptionist and she said that the Duty Manager had just gone off Duty but that she would mention it. I would have thought - from a public relations point of view - that Management would have contacted us to let us know the outcome..this would be very worrying for anyone travelling on their own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise for the poor standard of cleanliness in our bar/restaurant on the night of your stay and I will be following up wih the team here today. This is certainly not the standard of cleanliness we strive for here at the hotel and it is disappointing to read your comments.

With regards to somebody entering your room again I sincerely wish to apologise for this. Unfortunately I was not made aware of this issue until I read your review so my apologies for not contacting you before now. I would welcome the chance to discuss this further with you as we take all aspects of Health and Safety very seriously in the hotel. If you would be so good to contact me at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com or 021 4947500.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

dubliner
Reviewed June 18, 2013

food I lovely, staff quite good. very good for cork airport. stayed there on my own for one night.
hotel has policies which they have no written statements for, which not what you might expect from a hotel. so beware.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you found our staff members to be good and that you enjoyed our food.

I was quite surprised to read your comment with regards to our policies and I am afraid that I do not understand your comment but please do feel free to contact me at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com to discuss further.

Ireland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ordered bar food but ordered it late (9.30) which was the only complaint l had, l only rated it a 5 out of 10. Other than that the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault them at all.

Room Tip: I would have no problems recommending this hotel or staying in it again. Whilst l only spent 1 night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your glowing 5 Star review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our staff members to be friendly and helpful.