“mmmm....... well......its just so......average!”
Review of Cork Airport Hotel

Cork Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“mmmm....... well......its just so......average!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This squat two storey drab looking hotel is under whelming. There is nothing wrong with it exactly but its just so........average. I cannot even think of anything to say about it. square box, some neat and uninspiring furniture, a breakfast area similar to a BHS restaurant.....yep....that is it. good luck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikkyfab1
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you found our hotel to be under whelming and I would be delighted to speak with you if you had any issues during your stay with us.

I do hope that you will stay with us when your travels bring you back to the area.

Louise O'Hara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Galway
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to this hotel last weekend,33 boys and 29 parents! The hotel just could not do enough for us,I do not travel like this often,but it was very enjoyable. The hotel had left an Easter Egg for each boy in the bedrooms,which I felt was a lovely gesture. They reserved a special area of the restaurant for us,served us our food promptly and with great efficiency. The rooms were big and so comfortable,we really felt at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PaulaGalway
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our service to be efficient and I hope that the boys enjoyed their Easter Eggs!

It was lovely to read also that you felt like home during your stay with us.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed there before an early flight. It is handy enough because the hotel is just across the road of the airport. I found the room quite dark and some bulbs were gone when I entered the room. After I rang the reception someone came straight away and replaced the bulbs which was great.
They do also an early take away grab with cereal bars, apples and tea/coffee which is handy when your flight is early and you would miss the breakfast which is from 7am on. The bar food is average. I had fish and chips but received a fish filet which I was a bit disappointed with. Chips and mushy peas were nice. The staff at the reception and bar was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that there were some bulbs not working in your room and that you were disappointed with your fish.

It was great to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for the airport and that you enjoyed our complimentary 'Grab and Run' breakfast. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff members.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel in the future.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here because of an early morning flight, The room was quite big and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom spotlessly clean, This is a great hotel for the airport but too far from Cork city to stay for any length of time. The staff are very pleasant and efficient. The bar man very kindly made a sandwich for my husband long after they had stopped serving food.
The hotel and airport are in the highest point in Cork and therefore it can get quite windy, unfortunately on the night we stayed the wind was very high and rattled the windows all night which didn't lead to a very restful sleep.
I have a big complaint about the early morning departure breakfast. This consisted of a cereal bar (very unhealthy) and tea or coffee in the foyer. It wouldn't take much effort to leave out juice and cereals, bread rolls etc for self service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was delighted that you had and enjoyable stay with us and that your found our staff members to be pleasant and efficient.

Our restaurant opens for breakfast at 6.30am but we do offer a complimentary 'Grab and Run' for guests departing before this time, with tea/coffee, cereal bars and fruit available to all guests.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Dublin i
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two days. Occassion, the funeral of a dear friend. I know he loved the sea, but he did not have to throw buckets over us at his burial. Yes, it was torrential.
However, it's a ill wind as the saying goes. The hotel was all that one would require. Clean and practical. Small TV, but I hear they are going to upgrade them.
Now the point I am trying to make is, that if you fly into Cork Airport and stay there. It is a fabulous location to allow one to travel to Kinsale which is a short distance by bus or taxi. The bus stops outside the airport arrivals and the hotel's shuttle bus is at your beck and call. The bus fare is about a few euros and the taxi would cost about twenty. Cork City is also very reachable from this venue and one does not have to deal with excessive traffic and endless map reading. You are brought into the heart of the city. You can also take a train from Dublin to Cork and there is a bus at the station, which will also take you directly to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you found our hotel to be well located and convenient.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Avon, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I normally stay at Marriott hotels when I travel, but there isn't one close to the office. I started staying at a neighboring hotel until coworkers told me to try the Park Inn. They said it was a bit dated but the person service is beyond what any hotel could provide. I gave it a try and immediately knew what they meant. The entire staff called me by name starting the first day. They drop what they do to help me out, give me a ride to work or the airport whenever I ask. Every time I walk in to the restaurant, they hand me my glass of as if I was a guest in their own home. When you're on the road, its rare to find hotel that makes you feel like you're at home. This is the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you felt our hotel was a home away from home and that you found our team members to be helpful and friendly.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Park Inn is extremely convenient for the airport, about 4-5 minutes walk from the front of the terminal. I was off my flight, through immigration and baggage claim and then checked in at reception all within 20 minutes of landing which is amazing convenience for a business traveller. As reported on the website and reviews here, there is a shuttle bus on demand but it would have to be a bad day for you to need it. Should it be raining when you arrive, the courtesy phone is by the Information Desk in arrivals, and the colourful harlequin-liveried bus will pick you up right outside. I stayed here three nights, but did not need the transport. Similarly you can catch a public Bus Eireann coach from the terminal into town for 5 Euro with a 20 minute journey time, a service I did use. A taxi takes a couple of minutes less and cost me 15 Euro.
My bedroom was very comfortable and spacious, and despite having a dedicated work desk, casual table and chairs and an enormous bed in the room, there was still ample room to wander about. Beds are on the very firm side. The room overlooked the newer airport terminal but it was quiet and the sleep quality was good. Facilities in the room included tea making kit, iron and board, fridge, press, everything you could need. The bathroom had a slightly odd décor (it was a little dated and very orange!) but it was all extremely clean and it all worked, from a bathroom I think you mainly want to see good water pressure and temperature, some good clean towels and a clean room, and this had those.
Food quality is excellent for a hotel of this type, breakfast choice was in line with top end city centre hotels, and everything is well cooked and presented, my waistband has still not forgiven me for indulging in white pudding and buttered soda bread every morning. Evening meals were also of very good quality, the menu is a bit limited (probably a Park Inn standard menu) but again it was nicely cooked and presented with a bit of style so it’s apparent that the chefs have real pride. Overall, the staff were very pleasant throughout the visit, two of the reception staff were especially warm and friendly and were always ready to chat.
Just to clear up any confusion on reports of the “restaurant being closed”, the dedicated dining room was closed of an evening but the main bar is very much a restaurant in itself, just with a bar at one side. That dedicated dining room is currently used as the breakfast room of a morning. The bar restaurant is a perfectly good place to eat an evening meal and I dined in here a few times, very pleasant setting.
All in all this is a really good choice if you need to stay at the airport, this happened to be a business stay but it equally suits leisure travellers waiting for early flights, and I’d choose it again myself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our hotel convenience for the airport.