“Lovely Hotel to Relax”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Hotel to Relax”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were there as a birthday surprise.
The reception hall was designed and set up beautifully for Christmas.
Even though our room wasn't ready yet when we arrived at about 1.30pm, we were shown around the hotel, the restaurants, bar, fitness and spa area. By the time we got back, our room was ready and we were shown to it. The staff was very friendly.
Our room was absolutely lovely, with our own little Christmas Tree, giving it all a lovely Christmas atmosphere. It was spacious, beautifully decorated and the big cast iron bath was just perfect.
Although I found the beautiful pool a little cold, the steam room, the hot jacuzzi outside and the relaxation area made up for it!
The Breakfast was lovely...there was a cold continental buffet and you could order an Irish breakfast (or anything warm) in addition to it. There was a lot of choice from fresh juices and fruit, over fresh salmon, various cheeses as well as cereals and fresh breads and pastries.
The Hotel had it's own Car Park, which was quite full, for this busy hotel. We walked into the city center in about 15min, which is an easy and straight forward walk. The traffic in the Center seemed very busy, so I wouldn't recommend taking your car! And if you do a lot of shopping, which is lovely in Cork, then just get a taxi back!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hayfield Manor Hotel, it's an oasis away from the shopping madness (especially around Christmas). The Staff was very pleasant and friendly, yet you could hide in the Library and get your piece and quiet or book a lovely relaxing treatment in the Spa-especially nice after a day of shopping. It could get very busy in the Hotel during the day, maybe it was because there were a few functions on, probably Christmas Parties.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2010
Dear Guest Sivimc,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your very positive feedback to all aspects of the hotel from accommodation to cuisine, to staff and the spa. It is always wonderful to receive such great comments; they are very much appreciated by all of the team. Thank you also for your additional comments which I have taken on board.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Myself and my husband had heard about Hayfield Manor, and decided on impulse to book this location for a treat weekend, further to two weeks of snow in Waterford. We received a promotional rate for the first night, and paid the regular night for the next night, When we arrived, with our toddler son, the beauty and decor of the hotel just blew us away. It was amazingly decorated for Xmas, but apart from this, the Manor itself is so beautifully appointed in every way naturally. Every nook and cranny has obviously involved thought, design and the customer experience in mind. We wondered whether bringing a toddler to such a place was a good idea, but the greeting at the front desk dispelled any fears. The concierge was so helpful and welcoming, and learned our names within minutes. The lady who checked us in was genuinely warm, friendly, and brought us on a detailed tour of the hotel. The waiters in the bistro later in the evening couldn' t have been more accommodating with our young child despite his occasional antics. The food at Hayfield is top class and is as good value as you'll find anywhere. We were upgraded without having had to ask to a Deluxe room, and enjoyed a very comfortable and luxury laden stay. I used the spa on one of the days, and found the masseuse excellent and prices reasonable. The hotel left a courtesy basket of nappies, wipes and other items for our child in the room; again, I 've never seen this anywhere in Ireland and we both have stayed in a lot of high star hotels. I suppose what sums it up is that the hotel genuinely delivered on service in every way. You felt it was what hotels might have been like long ago when people worked in them for the love of the job, and not because they are businesses. I trust that the Hayfield will always hold on to the secret of its success, because there are very few places like this in Ireland!

1 Thank Sinead087
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Dear Guest Sinead087,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write your fantastic review and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read your review from beginning to end. I would like to sincerely thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our staff, I will be sure to extend your kind comments on to them. I am delighted that you and the whole family enjoyed your stay; we like to make all our guests feel as if Hayfield Manor is their home away from home, even our little guests. It is always a great boost or morale for all of the team to receive such wonderful guest feedback, I would like to thank you again, and it is greatly appreciated.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas for all of the team and myself.

Waterford
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Finally, I've found an Irish hotel that ticks all the boxes. I've been in some good ones and some dives but Hayfield Manor has been a pleasure.The location is an unassuming part of cork city, but is like the secret garden once you drive through its gates. The concierge (Bart if I'm correct) is a gentleman and an example of the great hospitality that permeates through all the staff. The room was excellent. I could get picky but I won't as overall, we felt we'd found our hotel. The food was good, though generally we had to devour it quickly owing to our young son who was liable to explode at anytime. We'll be back. Its not cheap but it deserves its 5 star rating. A home away from home.

1 Thank HonestJohn5
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Dear Guest HonestJohn5,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your great review and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel, cuisine and staff, in particular Bart, which I will be sure to pass on to the whole team. We strive on a daily basis to exceed our customer's expectations and to make Hayfield Manor their home away from home, and I am delighted that you felt this throughout your stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

Warm Regards

CountyMeath Ireland
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed for one night on a trip around the south and west of Ireland. The hotel is lovely we didn't have time to check out all the facilities I loved the room with the Christmas tree and especially liked the putter in the room. we had dinner in the hotel which was very good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Dear Guest emilyobyrne,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent trip to the south west, and also for taking the time to write your great review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your wonderful positive feedback about our hotel, our staff and the cuisine, I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to all of the team.

Warm Regards

cork
Reviewed December 8, 2010

beautifully decorated for christmas. Excellent leisure facilities. Very plesant staff. Delicious food. Only disappointment was that when we checked in we enquired about booking treatments in the spa and no vacancies that day or the next due to reduced staff. Overall had a lovely time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Dear Guest nickCork,

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that you had a most pleasant recent stay with us, and you enjoyed the hotel and the cuisine on offer. With regard to the limited availability in the spa, I would like to apopogise about not being able to cater for you on this occasion, and you can rest assured that I have taken your comments on board and will be acting upon them immediately. I do hope that this did not inconvenience your stay. Thank you again for your very positive and helpful feedback.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Not once did we have to to wait for service at Hayfield Manor - Whether it was checking in, looking after our bags, or dining in the bar or restaurant. The rooms was very warm and comfortable - The only complaint that my husband had was that the bed was too big! The food in both the bar and restaurant was delicious and served with a smile. I would absolutely recommend Hayfield Manor to anyone looking for a getaway break - A real treat!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest SGavigan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was a pleasure to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the cuisine on offer in the hotel, and I would like to thank you for supporting our restaurants. It was also great to read that you enjoyed the service, I will be sure to pass this great feedback on to all of the team. Again I would like to thank you for your very kind and positive feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Oxted
Reviewed December 8, 2010

The hotel was excellent in every way. The staff were so polite and very helpful. The hotel was so beautifully decorated for Christmas. Bedrooms were lovely, food was delicious. The Orchid restaurant on the Saturday was perfect for our birthday celebration. The swimming pool was a perfect temperature and great for doing lengths after all the eating we did. Can't wait to go back again.

Dear Guest SOram,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield manor, and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read how much you and the family enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely thank you for your very positive feedback about the hotel, our cuisine and in particular our staff and service. We strive to exceed all of our customers expectations, and to operate at the highest level possible, I do hope that we lived up to your expectations. I will be sure to pass on all of your positive comments to the whole team. Thank you again.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors at Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.