“Excellent and very relaxing.”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cork
“Excellent and very relaxing.”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Third visit to hotel, twice for family meals and this time for an overnight. Delighted with service and all round experience. Breakfast outstanding!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear Guest CorkDenise

I would like to thank you for choosing Hayfield Manor once again, your support is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and our service. It is great to hear such positive words from our guests.

We will always take the opportunity to be of service and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor anytime in the future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
carlow
Reviewed October 11, 2010

perfect location for visiting Cork that incorporates all the attributes you would expect of a five star location with the added benefit of it being quintessentially Irish and the family run feeling that so encourages relaxation and luxury. Top Class

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed here for one night midweek. Arrived later than we had said we would but were welcomed by extremely frienly staff, who asked us where we were travelling from and struck up some lively conversation which is always nice. The room itself was very big and comfortable, the bed was turned down and water has been left beside our bed. There is no mini bar which we appreciated, as they are always over priced and just tempting guests. Instead, you can get room service. Perhaps housekeeping staff could leave more than one shampoo etc as there were two of us staying there.
If you stay, try and ask for a room on the first floor above reception rather than in the wings (where we stayed). Breakfast was lovely, and every detail has been well thought out. Used spa and pool area which are clean, and nice, but small so an hour or two is all you would need here. The hotel was very busy for mid-week in October, but staff still took time when we checked out to ask us if we needed directions, if we needed luggage carried out to the car or if we needed a taxi. We took taxis and drove into the centre but you could walk. A taxi costs about 10euro (at nightime). Late checkout (1pm) was no problem. They are doing offers at the moment but still is slightly on the expensive side compared to other 5 star hotels in Ireland who are charging bewteen 100-150/night with breakfast.

Dear Guest EilishZagrieb_Croatia,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our staff. Thank you also for your helpful feedback, I have taken all of your comments on board.

I always like to hear from customers as it gives me a clearer idea of where we are and more importantly where we need to improve to get to the highest possible level.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

wicklow
Reviewed October 10, 2010

They really have service down to a tee here. The best I have encountered in Ireland. Sincere, attentive, genuinely concerned etc. This is so rare in Ireland and must be warmly commended. The reservations, well here they are and I am sorry to even have to say them but here goes anyway; My wife is a vegetarian and her main course was terrible. In fairness duly noticed by the waitress and lots of options suggested so again great service. My beef wasnt great either. The cheese was boring as well.. The wine list was not good for anyone in the sub 100 euro market. So what advice could I give. Dont get complacent about the food. Get some advice on the wine list. And maybe take a hair cut on your bar prices they are ridiculously too expensive. We wont be back again because the overall value for money wasnt there, but we wont forget the briliant service that your staff provided.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Dear Guest johnthemullwicklow

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time and effort to review our hotel.

Thank you also for your very positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is always nice to be reassured that we are exceeding customer expectations from a service point of view. Thank you again for that.

On the other hand you have made a few suggestions on areas that we may have some improvement to find. It is only fair that I take on board the comments as much as the positive ones.

We are continuously upgrading our menus and reacting to our customer feedback, I have already spoken to the head chef regarding the issues that you have raised.

The bar price list is based on all other 5 star hotels in the area and we are very aware not to overprice, which I can assure you that we do not. We do in fact have a very good wine list in Perrotts Bistro with wines starting at €28.00 per bottle, which I consider very good value.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that you change your mind, and will come back and visit us soon. Please do let me know in advance and I will personally oversee your stay.

Dublin
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This was our third visit to Hayfield and it is a very special place with an atmosphere that you don't always find in hotels. From the minute you arrive you relax into the beautiful surroundings and enjoy the buzz that is generated in the foyer. It is a really elegant and luxurious hotel with a level of service that is second to none. The staff are friendly and charming and always ready to help despite being very busy the weekend we were there.

We got an upgrade to a beautiful room with thoughtful attention to detail such as a mini bathrobe for our son, milk and cookies at turndown service (for him, not us!) and a plentiful supply of Elemis toiletries in the bathroom. Rooms are meticulously cleaned and luxurious without being ostentatious. This comfortable luxury extends throughout the hotel from the restaurant (great food and service) to the lovely library and courtyard.

It was a bonus that the pool here opens late and you can enjoy a swim at night. The spa area is lovely and spacious and never got too crowded. I had wonderful treatments there and found it very relaxing.

Although the hotel is right beside UCC and near the city, the beautiful gardens make you feel as if you were in a country oasis. We loved our stay here and will be back as soon as we can. It is like a (very luxurious) home away from home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Dear Guest ElvaDublin,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us once again at Hayfield Manor; your continued support is very much appreciated.

From beginning to end it was an absolute pleasure to read through your review. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would also like to thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel, staff and service, which I will be sure to pass on to them. It was great to read that you felt like Hayfield Manor was like your home away from home. I will always welcome all guest feedback, but it is a great boost of morale for myself and all of the team here to receive such positive comments, thank you again.

Warmest Regards

ballycotton
Reviewed October 7, 2010

my husband and I won the overnight stay and dinner for two at Hayfield manor. I had not been before but my husband had eaten there and thought it was great, so I was very excited about the visit.
On arrival we were made feel that we were that days most important guests, and were given the Master suite... we were totally un cool in our reaction as it just blew us away. The luxury was just out of this world. Dinner that night was just amazing, (and we have eaten in most of east cork and the city's best restaurants) but this was a step above . The staff were helpful without falling over you, the food was simple but the flavours and the presentation were outstanding, I had 'Cork Beef' and it truly just melted in my mouth
The worst part of our stay... we had to leave next day. Thank you all so much for our wonderful stay.

Dear Guest BallycottonFlora,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write such a great review, and I am truly delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and positive feedback about our staff, service and cuisine; I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to everyone. We love our guests to feel as welcome and comfortable as they do in their own home, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service, and would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Stayed in hotel for one night only and found it to be excellent, enjoyable and top class in all respects, service and professionalism second to none and meals were outstanding.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Dear Guest raycanty,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and indeed for taking the time to write your great review.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, cuisine and service. I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to all of our team. It is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests, as we strive everyday to exceed our customer expectations.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service, and look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.