“Couldn't have been better”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We visited here for my brothers graduation as an extended family we wanted somewhere comfortable with the usual amenities and close to UCC. Hayfield Manor and it's extraordinarily friendly and helpful staff exceeded or expectations for the moment we entered the hotel - They very kindly upgraded our room and looked after us in that efficient and inobtrusive way that is I think a hallmark of a hotel team on top of it's game throughout our stay. The rooms we stayed in were beautiful resonably large and mostly with views over the city. Breakfast and the dinners we had were uniformally excellent and the helpful and considerate staff at Hayfield made our stay a relaxing pleasure filled experience. We hope to return soon.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Caherconnell_1
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Dear Guest Caherconnell_1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. It was great to read that we exceeded your expectations, we strive every day to exceed our customer expectations. Thank you also for your kind and positive words about our hotel and our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them.

A final thank you again for your positive feedback and I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,102)

Reviewed August 27, 2010

A most enjoyable five night stay. Food,Service ans Facilities were all lst.Class.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest Gentlemanjim152,

I would like to thank you sincerely for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

Spent two nights with my husband, also our son his wife & baby. I loved the fact that the hotel opened out on to the garden and yet we were in walking distance of city centre. The Indoor Pool was lovely and looked onto the garden also. We ate in the Conservatory Restaurant - food & service v good. Staff all v professional.

On way back to Donegal ( !) via Dublin we visited the Rock of Cashel - v interesting.
N7 makes Cork it an easy journey from Dublin. .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

Dear Guest Mona038,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor and for taking the time and effort to write your review.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and our staff. We strive every day to exceed our customer expectations and make them feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed here for one night (wished it could have been longer). This hotel is the best part of Cork its simply superb. Entering the driveway and pulling up out the front of this gorgeous hotel you know you are going to experience something exceptional.

Check in was quick and efficient and you had individual check in areas where you could sit down and check in. Then the person that checked you in actually shows you to your room (nice touch). The hotel foyer is gorgeous with the wonderful staircases and you can see why people such as PM John Major, Billy Connelly, Pearce Brosnan as well as HRH Prince Andrew have stayed or visited this property.

Our room was a Manor Room and included breakfast. A lovely room, my husband loved the little putting green. A spacious and very clean modern bathroom with a double sink and a huge room. Some great glossy magazines and plenty of space to store your cases without falling over them each time you had to move around the room.

Free internet and also free water, Lovely friendly staff at turndown service and in fact all the staff were exceptional, especially Bart the concierge who has a wonderful character and was very helpful the next morning with additional dirving instructions.

We had drinks in the lovely warm and welcoming bar and then had dinner in Perrotts Restaurant and the food was wonderful as was the service. Such a shame that we were not staying longer as I would have loved to try their fine dining restaurant, although Perrotts was classified as their bistro type restaurant, I have to say the quality of food and service and the decor was certainly not bistro style.

Breakfast the next morning was superb. Linen table cloths in the fine dining restaurant and the continential breakfast area was set up as a buffett, however you then had a menu on your table where your hot choice was cooked fresh to order and you could have as much as you wanted. So much nicer than the hot buffett that so many hotels put on. The service at breakfast was also exceptional we could have sat for much longer but we had to get on the road.

All in all this hotel was the best thing by far about Cork and we would love to go back just to spend more time here. Also beautiful gardens. Would highly recommend this hotel as a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest Sheryll,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Trip Advisor and indeed for choosing to stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read through your comments about our hotel and our staff. I would like to thank you sincerely for the fabulous comment that the best thing about Cork is Hayfield Manor. Thank you for such positive feedback; it is a wonderful boost of morale for myself and all the team here at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all of the amenities throughout the hotel, and our cuisine on offer. I would also like to thank you for supporting our restaurants.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed mid-week for 3 nights with 11month old baby, hotel was really nice, staff very friendly, gave us complimentary upgrade on arrival (much appreciated!). Nice touch with the baby cot was there was a proper deep mattress, you don't always get this.. so he was very comfortable & slept soundly, hotel rooms were very quiet at night too so no disturbance. We brought our monitor & it worked in the restaurant so we manged to have 3 lovely peaceful meals while baby slept soundly upstairs! weather mixed & on wet occasions used facilities (pool/gym etc), all well maintained but pool all one depth & no shallow end for baby so couldn't spend too long there. Food fab, we both ate something completely different every night & didn't get menu fatigue! normally 5 star hotels are quite sedate but Hayfield was buzzy/busy in the restaurant & bar, so great atmosphere & good people watching.. staff are very attentive & so friendly, really made us feel welcome without being cheesy or OTT, no matter what the request they were able to help out, I forgot my iphone charger, loaned one for entire stay. Doorman needs special mention, extremely helpful at all times, very knowledgeable about day trips & locality. all in all a great mini break for us, we felt well taken care of & rested at the end of it all even though we didn't seem to stop for breath over the few days.. great location too, walking distance to city centre. the only negative thing I could say is that the rooms need a little freshening up, curtains were torn in our room & power shower would have been nice, also a mini fridge would have been very handy, esp with small baby for storing food/drinks etc.. but these are very small gripes & didn't affect our stay overall..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Dear Guest RobinS75,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your great comments about our hotel, cuisine, and particularly our staff. It was great to read that you enjoyed the cuisine in our restaurants, and I would like to thank you again for supporting our restaurants.
I always like to hear from customers as it gives me a clearer idea of where we are and more importantly where we need to improve to get to the highest possible level. You can rest assured I have personally taken on board your comments about your room.

I would be delighted to welcome you back through the doors of Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Just back from 3 night Indulgence Break in Hayfield Manor. Overall excellent hotel which really goes out of its way to look after its guests. All staff really friendly and courteous. Food excellent. Only comments I would make is that we quite like a leisurely meal and at times found the service in the resaturant a bit too quick. Also, although the leisure centre was lovely, think it could do with a staffed reception as beauty therapists sometimes occupied. Understand outside Jacuzzi cover necessary to prevent debris getting into it but not easy to get on and off single handedly!! Small gripes. Overall great weekend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Dear Guest elunedireland,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them.
I would like to apologise about you feeling rushed in the restaurant, we like all our guests to feel as relaxed and as comfortable as possible. I hope this did not inconvenience your stay.
You can rest assured that I have personally taken all of your comments on board. I always like to hear from customers as it gives me a clearer idea of where we are and more importantly where we need to improve to get to the highest possible level.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at Hayfield Manor last week.
The outstanding service and lovely accommodations exceeded my expectations. We dined in both restaurants, and the food was delicious! The staff was attentive and so very kind. The location is superb for daytrips to Kinsale and Killarney National Park. We would highly recommend Hayfield Manor and hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2010

Dear Guest JudyHarding,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time and effort to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read through your review. Thank you very much for your much appreciated comments about our hotel and our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them. It was wonderful to learn that we exceeded your expectations, every day we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, and I am thrilled we have done so for you.