“the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed in!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Navan, Ireland
“the most elegant hotel I have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

the hotel staff where so friendly could not do enough for us,lovely bar and the Bistro was just gorgeous If you are going to Cork there really is no other hotel to stay in! Not to be missed

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear Guest Cait27,

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful feedback about the hotel and our staff, it really means a lot to me personally and to all of the team at Hayfield.

It would be an honor to have you through our doors again at Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Me and my daughter just loved this hotel and wish we could have stayed longer. Friendly staff, excellent food and lovely facilities and garden. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest Lourein,

Thank you very much for taking the time to port your lovely review and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was a pleasure to read what an enjoyable stay you had with us recently. It was great to read that you enjoyed the cuisine and the amenities. It is wonderful to hear such positive feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you greatly for that.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor hopefully in the near future.

Europe
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed here with my husband last Friday night. Extremely comfortable hotel. Staff super friendly. Service excellent. Lunch in bar could have better selection I think. Pity we had not booked treatments in time as they were fully booked so make sure you book ahead if you want to avail of their elemis treatments. Pool and hot tub lovely. Had dinner in Orchids restaurant in the hotel. Again the waitor and sommelier were really great. Food was very good. Would not have the black pudding starter again [far too bland with no grain etc]Think it just was not good but other than that - food was quite good. Good wine selection also. Had brekkie in bed. As usual almost right but why hotels consistently provide soggy toast is beyond me in this day and age. Dont think I have ever had breakfast in bed where the toast has been lovely and fresh. No excuse. Have to say brekkie was a little disappointing. Fab fresh orange juice and omlette [hubby had that]. porridge was made with water and really gunky. I ordered a sausage and portion of scrambled eggs and again I am sad to say neither tasted nice. Eggs are so easy to get perfect. Salt and lots of butter but these were clearly cooked way ahead of time. If you are paying an extra 8 euro for room service the food should be just fresh from the grill.
Lots of hotels fail here. All in all I want to return to this hotel as despite little criticisms above I really liked it. Hopefully they will look at these reviews and learn from comments. Room was beautiful. Very spacious. I could happily spend many a weekend down there.
Many thanks.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Sallyeurope

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your review.

I would also like to thank you for your very kind and positive words about our hotel and our staff. I was very disappointed to read that the breakfast did not meet your expectations, you can rest assured that have taken your comments on board and I will be discussing the matter with our head Chef.

We welcome all feedback positive or negative, and take everything on board, as customer feedback allows us to continue improving and exceeding customer expectations.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

SAINT AUGUSTINE
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hayfield Manor. This is a lovely oasis in the bustling city of Cork. The staff was welcoming, friendly and professional. The room and amenities were first class, and the meals superb (we dined in both restaurants). We hope to return some day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Dear Guest FLFosters,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was a delight to read through your review, and how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your great comments and feedback about the hotel and more importantly our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them.
It was also great to read that you enjoyed the cuisine in both of our restaurants; I would like to thank you for supporting our restaurants.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Lovely hotel complimented by its staff, great service on all levels right from check in to our rub down in the spa, to fanatstic service and splendid food in the restaurant. Only thing i could mention is our room was slightly noisy as we were at the front, so had to listen to the comings and goings at reception / drop off area also the plumbing / air conditioning were quite loud in our room, but i suppose this could be exepcted from an Old House.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

First time we have stayed at Hayfield Manor and it was a real delight. The hotel was excellent and the service was the best I have received at any hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of the staff. The Leisure facilities were excellent.

The food in the hotel was superb and the breakfast was the best I have experienced. My only observation would be that the rooms were not as good as I thought they would be. There were very comfortable but not a five star room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Dear Guest dmw186338

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and our staff. I was delighted to read that you also enjoyed the cuisine in the hotel. We pride ourselves quality and standards and I am delighted that these met yours most importantly.

You can rest assured that I have personally taken your additional comments on board and thank you for your feedback.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Kind Regards

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Myself, husband, and two childern(aged 12 and 6)
stayed with you for 5 nights, last week. Our stay was so good we didnt want to leave!!!What a fantastic hotel! The staff are second to none,very friendly,and made us feel very welcoming. the service was excellent, throughout the hotel, and the food (in both resturants) was superb!!. Our girls loved the rabbits. I had a wonderful treatment in the spa, and the staff were so professional. Well done to you all and keep up the great work! you have a wonderful staff team, We will definately be back, and highly recommend your hotel to everyone. thank you so much. The Gogarty Family, Kilkenny.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest SunnyJo22,

I would like to thank you for your very pleasant review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was an absolute pleasure to read through your review and learn what a wonderful stay you and your family had with us. Thank you so much for your positive comments towards our hotel and more importantly our staff.

I would love to welcome you and your family (especially Roisin and Grainne) as you all left such an imprint on myself and all the staff here. It is a joy to have people like yourselves stay with us, and would be delighted to invite you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards