“Highly Recommended”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
SAINT AUGUSTINE
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hayfield Manor. This is a lovely oasis in the bustling city of Cork. The staff was welcoming, friendly and professional. The room and amenities were first class, and the meals superb (we dined in both restaurants). We hope to return some day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Dear Guest FLFosters,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was a delight to read through your review, and how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your great comments and feedback about the hotel and more importantly our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them.
It was also great to read that you enjoyed the cuisine in both of our restaurants; I would like to thank you for supporting our restaurants.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Lovely hotel complimented by its staff, great service on all levels right from check in to our rub down in the spa, to fanatstic service and splendid food in the restaurant. Only thing i could mention is our room was slightly noisy as we were at the front, so had to listen to the comings and goings at reception / drop off area also the plumbing / air conditioning were quite loud in our room, but i suppose this could be exepcted from an Old House.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

First time we have stayed at Hayfield Manor and it was a real delight. The hotel was excellent and the service was the best I have received at any hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of the staff. The Leisure facilities were excellent.

The food in the hotel was superb and the breakfast was the best I have experienced. My only observation would be that the rooms were not as good as I thought they would be. There were very comfortable but not a five star room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Dear Guest dmw186338

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and our staff. I was delighted to read that you also enjoyed the cuisine in the hotel. We pride ourselves quality and standards and I am delighted that these met yours most importantly.

You can rest assured that I have personally taken your additional comments on board and thank you for your feedback.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Kind Regards

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Myself, husband, and two childern(aged 12 and 6)
stayed with you for 5 nights, last week. Our stay was so good we didnt want to leave!!!What a fantastic hotel! The staff are second to none,very friendly,and made us feel very welcoming. the service was excellent, throughout the hotel, and the food (in both resturants) was superb!!. Our girls loved the rabbits. I had a wonderful treatment in the spa, and the staff were so professional. Well done to you all and keep up the great work! you have a wonderful staff team, We will definately be back, and highly recommend your hotel to everyone. thank you so much. The Gogarty Family, Kilkenny.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest SunnyJo22,

I would like to thank you for your very pleasant review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was an absolute pleasure to read through your review and learn what a wonderful stay you and your family had with us. Thank you so much for your positive comments towards our hotel and more importantly our staff.

I would love to welcome you and your family (especially Roisin and Grainne) as you all left such an imprint on myself and all the staff here. It is a joy to have people like yourselves stay with us, and would be delighted to invite you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

naples, Fla
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Check in was a bit slow but EVERYTHING else was SUPERB ! I stayed in numerous 5 star hotels throughout my trip to Ireland and Hayfield Manor was THE BEST ALL AROUND BY FAR !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest inthepink257,

Thank you for writing your great review and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor. It is an honor for you to call us the best 5 star hotel in Ireland, thank you very much for this great compliment.

I would also like to apologise that you found the check in to be quite slow, I will be most certainly be reviewing this with the front desk team. I hope that this did not inconvenience your stay.

Thank you once again for your kind, positive words. I would be honored to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Just home and simply felt compelled to write a review of this absolutely fantastic hotel. We have been lucky enough to stay in very good hotels in many places across the globe and we have provided good and sometimes not so good feedback on where we have stayed. This hotel however, stands out as the top hotel we have ever stayed in.

We were 7 in total, with 3 rooms - myself, my wife and child, mother & sister, brother and sister-in-law (who travelled from Spain). We booked via e-mail, as we had a couple of special requests, that were expertly dealt with by Michelle in reservations. We stayed for 4 nights, celebtrating our wedding anniversary as well as a significant birthday for my mother.

Why does this hotel stand out so much?

1. All of the employees / staff - every single staff member we met was outstanding, friendly, informative, patient, helpful, etc. Over 4 days, we probably met 25+ staff, and without exception, every single member of staff was just excellent. When thanking the General Manager "Etienne" during check-out, he said that he was supported by a very good team. He's right. One member of staff stands out in particular, and that is Bart, who seems to be the local "oracle" for advice on all things Cork, Kerry (where he is from), visiting local places, directions, jogging routes, etc. He is a lovely, sincere and very Irish Gentleman.

2. The luxury - the room, the bar, the restaurant, the attention during breakfast, the individual orders for eggs, any way you like it. Just wonderful.

3. The bar, restaurant, breakfast, etc. Again much of the pleasure of this hotel, is simply enjoying all the facilities. We stayed for 4 nights and only ventured outside of the hotel once. Why? Because we didn't have to leave the hotel, and just lapped up the luxury and service.

4. The cleanliness and the housekeeping team - our room was impeccible every day. In addition, the public areas, were just pristine. Fresh flowers everywhere, every day, excellent.

5. The leisure facilities were also excellent and also clean - I did venture out for a 12K run and being able to use the outdoor jacuzzi to cool down was nice !!

6. The other guests - OK this is outside of the control of the hotel, however all of the other guests were wonderful. Clearly, they were also very much enjoying their stay.

In summary, this is an outstanding hotel. I stayed in the hotel in 1999 and it stood out then and thankfully, notwithstanding all the economic difficulties that Ireland is going through, this hotel has retained and improved its standards.

Well, well, well done to all.

We truely look forward to our next visit.

Kelly's, Dublin Ireland.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CPKONE
Dear Kelly Family,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time and effort to post your wonderful review.

I was blown away reading your review, wow, thank you very very much for your fantastic compliments on all aspects of our hotel, and most importantly our staff, which truly are the back bone of Hayfield Manor. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to them.

At Hayfield Manor, we welcome all feedback, whether it is positive or negative, as it allows us to gain insight into our guest’s views on the hotel. To receive such a wonderful review as yours, really is such a compliment, and a great boost of morale for all of the team here, I would like to thank you sincerely for this.

I would be honoured and delighted to welcome all of the Kelly family back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

California
Reviewed August 2, 2010

As the cab driver took us from the train station to the hotel, I had my doubts on what we would find. All doubts were erased once we arrived. The reception was very intimate with us sitting down at a desk with a member of the hotel staff. The hotel is filled with lovely antique pieces and fells warm , cozy but yet sophisticated.

Our room was fine with one caveat. We left the window open at night and heard the opening and closing of car doors until 1 am. (The irish seem to like late nights!) Had we closed our window none of that would have been an issue OR if our room hadn't been right over the entry way.

The breakfast buffet had a very wide range of food items. The garden in the back of the hotel was idyllic.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest orindagc,

Thank you for posting your review and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel; it is a great boost of morale for all of us to hear such great positive feedback.

I would like to apologise about the noise outside your room, I hope this did not inconvenience your stay. If you plan to return to Hayfield Manor we would be delighted to allocate you a room that is not above the main entrance.

Kind Regards