The pros outway the cons but I still feel I should point out the cons...
1. Cloth furniture sofas, chairs etc. & carpet need a good cleaning..very grubby..
2. My spa treatments got mixed up...the girl who took my booking didn't note I was pregnant and therefore had me booked into treatments that I couldn't actually have.
3. The relaxation suite (which has only 2 chairs) is very poor..I actually went out to the sunloungers at the pool to relax...
4. My dinner reservation in the Perrotts Restuarant & the Orchids Restaurant got mixed up...
5. Very expensive..€16 for a glass of champagne..but I still couldn't resist!
now the pros totally outway the cons..but I would like if the mgt still noted the few pointers above...
1. Excellent service with Bart and the girls/men on reception, bar, dinner service etc.
2. Excellent food...loved the breakfast...yummy..pancakes & bacon!
3. Great location...just a few mins drive to city centre.
4. Pool area lovely...and warm...had a feeling of being abroad with the heat coming through the windows!
5. Great room size
6. Excellent bathroom size..loved the bath!
7. Wished the room service lady would call to the room a bit later in the evening as every evening except for 1 I was either in the bath or getting ready to go out to eat so therefore missed out on the turn down service etc.
I would still recommend this hotel and would definately stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located alongside the historic University College Cork, Hayfield Manor is set on a backdrop of two-acre of beautiful mature gardens and is just a pleasant stroll to the heart of Cork city. The charming coastal towns of Kinsale and Cobh and the world famous Blarney Castle are a short and scenic journey from the hotel. Residents of Hayfield Manor experience true Irish hospitality with staff dedicated to providing individual & memorable service along with every modern comfort. Spacious bedrooms have been individually designed with elegant marble bathrooms and relaxation space. Residents enjoy exclusive access to The Beautique Spa. The hotel offers two award-winning and distinctive restaurants: Orchids Restaurant specializes in fine Irish cuisine served with great sophistication and the vibrant Perrotts Bistro features Mediterranean and worldwide specialties. No stay in Cork would be complete without sampling the cuisine and levels of service that have earned Hayfield Manor a raft of accolades and titles including the Conde Nast Traveler Gold List, Hotel & Catering 5 Star Hotel of the Year, Georgina Campbell's Ireland Hotel of the Year, Irish Golf Hotel of the Year, AA Irish Hotel of the Year as well as an RAC Gold Ribbon Award for Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hayfield Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hayfield Manor Cork
- Hotel Hayfield Manor