Hayfield Manor Hotel
  • Restaurant
$159
$148
Agoda.com
Cork Airport Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$98
Agoda.com
The Metropole Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
$101
$90
Orbitz.com
$102
$97
Agoda.com
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
$112
$118
$114
Travelocity
3,234 results
All reviewsorchid restaurantoutdoor jacuzzidrawing roomafternoon teafive star hotelturn down servicecork cityold worldbeautiful hoteleggs benedictspa treatmentstop classsteam roomfrom start to finishuniversity college corklovely touchwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We booked in for a night to get away from the kids & the kitchen sink, we got a good deal on accommodation, dinner and some spa treatments. It was a great choice, we left feeling truly refreshed. First impressions were good as we drove in the gates and up through the gardens looking great in the spring sun. The staff we met were very professional and attentive, but not overbearing, everyone was very friendly and down-to-earth. Our room was a decent size, the bed very comfortable. We had a blissful sleep, Being in a quiet part of town helps and our room was well away from the bar and restaurant. The hotel is close to a few interesting places to walk to, like the UCC campus with more gardens, a big park and museum, and the city is about 15 mins walk. Dinner was lovely and my wife loved the spa. I had a swim in the pool and found a few quiet places to read papers and magazines. Overall everything was clean and obviously maintained in top condition, we really enjoyed it and couldn't find any negatives.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

Dear hols9876,

Thank you very much for your recent review, it was a pleasure to read. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the oppertunity to relax. I agree, Cork has so many interesting things to see and do, I havn't even had the oppertunity to see everything myself!

Im sure the children were jelous they could not stay but we would be delighted to have them stay here with us at Hayfield Manor. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very shortly.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

We arrived at Hayfield Manor for our Honeymoon. The staff did not have time for us as the hotel was so busy. We had a very fine 5 course dinner in the restaurant. Our first night was spent lying awake listening to the noise from the lobby. The door banging continuously people swearing laughing and shouting. Our room had been thoughtfully allocated directly over the revolving door. We tried shutting the window to deaden the noise but this made the room ridiculously hot. My new wife complained at 12:30 and again at 1:30. When it finally quietened down after 2am, we opened the window only to be woken by a transit van driving up to the front doors, radio blaring, around 4.30 am.
We had to go looking for the manager in the morning, so instead of relaxing and unwinding on our 5 star honeymoon we were stressed, tired and extremely upset. We had been unable to be moved the night before as the hotel was full with people attending the concert. It might have been intelligent to have allocated this room to people attending the concert. This is what you may have expected from a manager with a modicum of intelligence running what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel. The Manager was not very sympathetic to our complaint. Apparently as it was a one off event we should be understanding. He offered to move us to the only room available. He said it was a quiet room that he considered to be better. The room was bigger and the bath room had a separate bath and shower, however it overlooked the gym and a large extractor fan. The next morning our early morning tea arrived without any of the pastries we had the morning before. We had been down graded in service as well as our accommodation. To add insult to injury there was a huge black crack right through the cup. The television didn't work properly and there was broken furniture with screws protruding. After complaining in person at reception, who offered to replace the cup but never bothered, we decided to go out as we were by now really upset. The next night room service had opened the window so we were treated to the dripping rain and extractor fans. We rang our holiday company to complain. In fact we asked for a flight home or a transfer to a different hotel. Anywhere would be better. The hotel manager finally took us seriously, after a few calls from the holiday company. The manager sent complimentary tea and scones in the fine crockery we had had in our first room. We were asked to wait to view 2 suites and a large room.
I saw a basement suite and a large room at the back of the hotel. The manager sent us a bottle of red wine and a bowl of fruit plus a small plate of chocolates. We chose the large room at the rear of the hotel. We did not spend much time in the hotel after this as the weather improved and it was too late to save the honeymoon mood. The final straw when we left was when I queried a bottle of expensive wine on our bill which had been charged to us before our arrival at the hotel. When I pointed out that we would have been on the plane en route to Ireland at the time. the receptionist removed it. I was glad the manager did not reappear for the rest of the stay. I found it ironic that a picture of the manager with John Cleese was on show in the reception. Basil Fawlty would have been proud. I did visit the spa; it lacked a sauna and was always deserted. I recommend visiting the hotel for dinner but avoid staying here at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beki71
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2010

Dear Beki71,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. I was deeply disappointed to read that your stay was not to the standard Hayfield Manor is renown for.

I think it is only fair that I have the opportunity that I respond to your review. I am amazed that it has taken you so long to complain about something that you obviously feel so strongly about. I remember very clearly your visit, as I myself personally dealt with you and your wife.

On your arrival, I accept that the hotel was extremely busy and apologize for the noise on your first night stay, I offered an alternative room which was an upgrade to your previous room, and one of our Executive Suites at no extra cost, which again was not to your satisfaction. Beki71, I have never in my career dealt with a complaint in an unprofessional or unsympathetic manner. We have dealt with your travel agent on numerous occasions and we had nothing but positive feedback, which they can proof. I am disappointed that you found the hotel to be of a substandard nature, as we pride our self to deliver a quality product, the fact that the hotel was busy for your entire stay and has been since, mostly with return guests must suggest that we are getting it right.

We always listen to customer feedback but Beki71 on this occasion for you to imply, that a “Basil Fawlty” style operation exist at Hayfield Manor, is an unwarranted and unjustified statement, which I strongly resent.

I wish you and your husband all the very best for the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I've just come back from a weekend at the Hayfield Manor. We were a group of six College friends. The staff were wonderfully attentive and the service was excellent. The hotel has an olde worlde charm but is exceptionally clean. We dined there each night and the food and wine choices were endless. We are all well travelled and agreed that it is the nicest getaway break to have in Cork!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Dear cOkerry,

Thank you very much for your positve review. I am delighted that you had a good visit to Cork, and that you enjoyed your stay in Hayfield Manor.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very shortly.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We are just back from a 3 night stay in the Hayfield Manor. It's absolutley lovely. The service just makes it. There are always lots of staff around and you are attended to immediately on any request making the service top class. We dined 2 nights in the restauarant and the food was absolutely excellent. We had a small baby with us and we were also able to get a babysitter one of the nights and it was a hotel staff member that babysat so I was very happy with that. I also had a massage with Susan and it was excellent. Overall I think this is the best hotel I have stayed in in Ireland and will definitely go back. Probably the only faults I would have is the lunch menu is quite expensive and it's a pity there isn't a mini bar or fridge in the rooms ( as we would have found this useful with the baby) but these are very small faults.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We found everyone to be very accomidating, friendly and most knowledgable. We went for our honeymoon, and found the hotel to be lovely. As far location, it was perfect!! We walked everyday to the downtown area. It was 20 mintues from the airport, 15 from Blarney Castle. Perfect! Will be telling all our friends and anyone else we know that will be traveling there to stop and have a wonderful expeirence!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Dear GreenBayIrishgirl,

Thank you very much for your recent review, it was a pleasure to read. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Cork, and your stay with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very shortly.