“Oasis”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cotswolds
“Oasis”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My teenage daughter and I recently travelled to Cork for a wedding. I wanted to stay at a hotel with a pool and my daughter wanted one with a gym. Hayfield Manor was great. The staff were so helpful, friendly and hardworking. Harriet at reception was especially kind and welcoming. For a relaxed, elegant and calming atmosphere Hayfield Manor is perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear Abstrat,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your review, and thank you for your kind comments, it is always nice to hear from our guests.
I will also pass your comments onto Harriett, we look forward to your next visit.

Thank You.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Dublin
Reviewed September 17, 2009

What a wonderful experience! We were made to feel we belonged! This was the most relaxing hotel I have stayed in this year and I am not that easily pleased. We travelled from here to a 5 star in Galway that could not hold a candle to the Hayfield. Louis was like an old friend welcoming you home. The staff are so pleasent and in way aloof. Perrotts and the bar had lots of locals enjoying themselves and adding to the athmosphere. Cant wait to return and be spolied more..........

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review, it was a pleasure to read. I will also pass on your comments to Louis who I know will appreciate them deeply, thank you once again and we look forward to your return.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. There were 6 people in our party. Immediately upon walking through the door you are greeted by Bart. He is so charming. Every morning when we boarded our Perry Golf bus he bought printed sheets of paper with Irish songs for us to sing before we began our journey. On the day we departed he boarded the bus with us and actually lead us in song!

The rooms, beds, baths are wonderfully comfortable and fresh. The sheets are very comfortable as are the pillows.

The Irish breakfast is delicious and served in a charming dining room. We ate in Perrots restaurant the first night and had a delicious meal. We ordered coffee in the room before breakfast each morning and it was delivered in no less than 2 minutes each day!
There is a spa and pool on property but we were so busy we did not have a chance to try them.

We would definetely stay here again. We felt like we had stepped back in time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Dear Madam,

Thank you for recent review, I want to thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we look forward to see you again in the near future.

Ireland
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed in Hayfield Manor for 4 days at the end of August. First impressions were very good, staff very efficent and friendly, lovely big room with great size bathroom. Restaurant in the hotel was very nice, however, I thought portion size was on the small size. Breakfast was outstanding, really excellent. Staff were fantastic and there was a hugh selction to choose from. Overall, I'd recommend Hayfield Manor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manger at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2009
Dear NML_317

Thank you very much for your recent review, I appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Ettienne van Vrede - General Manager
Bristol but everywhere
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stay in a lot of hotels, and I'm bored of the super-slick expensive chain hotels (poor me!) that often get good reviews on tripadvisor. If that's what you like, then the Hayfield Manor may not be for you, but I found it a big, warm hug of a hotel. It has all the nice touches you'd expect of a 5* star hotel (lovely pool and sauna, dvd players and ipod docks in room, good breakfast, decent quantity of towels, good toiletries etc.) but it has a certain something extra that it's hard to put your finger on. It's just charm I guess! The staff are wonderful (they really are the hotel's best asset), and the hotel is not afraid to be a bit eccentric: there's an aviary, towels and water by the front door for people who have gone running... On the business side they have free wifi, which is surprisingly rare in expensive hotels, and it's 5 mins walk from the University if that's where you're working. All in all, rather wonderful!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Twickenham, England
Reviewed September 7, 2009

From the moment you arrive you can't wait to begin to unwind. Louis showed us around with enthusiasm and warmth - something quite diffiucult to sustain if you think he has to do this numerous times every single day! The staff are efficient and friendly - with everyone saying hello / welcome/ good morning/ how are you etc - the difference is that you feel that the staff are genuinely asking after your welfare rather than it being drummed into them - we've experienced robotic greetings in previous hotels however here the staff are full of enthusiasm and very chatty - one morning for breakfast one of the waiters joked with my husband about his choice of football team - so much nicer to start the day on a jovial note rather than a mechanical "good morning, what is your room number?"!!
I could go on about the staff - we have zero complaints - the bar staff know their stuff with excellent cocktails and equally good coffees, the restaurant staff are also faultless. The lobby staff also were highly attentive. If I was reccomending this hotel to my nearest and dearest I would say that this is the only hotel I would consider staying in when in Cork and we had a fantastic stay and I didn't want to go home. However if you want me to be neurotic and super, super picky the teeny tiny issues (and I'm being overly critical here!) were as follows:
1.Our TV in our room didn't have a great picture on certain chanels and on some zero sound 2.No "menu" in our room of what spa treatments were available - tried to call the spa, no one there so left a message - in the end we went down ourselves. 3. More loungers needed by the pool area 4. I'm a power-shower gal and so found the pressure a bit low for my liking. 5. Average Eggs Benedict - hollandaise sauce was too gloopy and not enough lemon . 6. No peppermill or granulated sugar when ordered room service for breakfast - which meant that I had to use the powdered pepper - just makes me think of a roadchef service station - and I had to get a cube and grind it on the back of a spoon as this was the only way I could have sugar on my cereal. 7. It was our wedding anniversary and other places we've stayed have previously given a little extra in the room - flowers or chocolates or even a bottle of champagne - we got a note saying congratulations but actions speak louder than words 8.Didn't have sour cream for onion rings :(
But seriously that is it, also I know that had I infomed anyone of the staff of the above they would have tried their best to rectify it - so as I said it didn't bother me to the extent that I needed to make a something of nothing.
On to the (numerous) positives...the quality of the food is very, very good - we had breakfast, lunch and dinner here. The full Irish breakfast is superb - delicious sausages and black pudding, fantasitic seafood chowder - the best I had in Cork. And although The Orchid restaurant isn't my cup of tea decor wise - the presentation and quality of produce is amazing - I had a wonderful strawberry dessert - the best I've ever had. Plus I left a drawful of clothes and they sent them back to me the very next day. So all the niggles that I have are actually totally cancelled out.
Therefore I would say that if you want a hotel that will look after you and you want to feel you are staying at some grand, distant relatives abode - Hayfield Manor is the hotel for you!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear Victorialc,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review, and for taking the time to document these notes. I enjoyed reading your review, and appreciate your comments. I can assure you each and every comment will be discussed and acted on. I do want to thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff, they are our biggest asset in Hayfield Manor, and appreciate your kind words.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards Ettienne van Vrede
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2009

My Husband and i stayed here recently to spend some quality time together and celebrate my birthday, which i only mentioned in passing on the phone and was obviously noted, so on arrival i was greeted with a "happy Birthday" and a complimentry drink from the manager Ettienne, thank you, the minute we arrived we were greeted with such friendliness, we ate in Orchid restaurant on the first evening the food was out of this world and the service brilliant especially Andrew on all occasions of dealing with him. Also thank you to Bart for your friendliness and helpfulness and directions and also for our Comhrá agus caint le cheile, My husband and I are not strangers to 5 star hotels and restaurants and Hayfield Manor will be one of our top choices. Thank all again for a wonderful stay.

• Liked — atmosphere, food, and service just everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review, it was a pleasure to meet you both, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hayfield Manor, and i hope to see you back next year for your birthday!!!

Ettienne van Vrede - General Manager