“Olde Worlde charm and a Sanctuary in the centre of Cork city”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Words cannot prepare you for this quaint little hotel on the outskirts of Cork city. We really enjoyed our stay there and after an initial hiccup with our room they were more than happy to move us to another one which had a better view at a minutes notice. Lovely relaxed atmosphere here, very peaceful and pretty central to all that cork has to offer. We did however find that the receptionist who checked us in was a little stiff and lacking in personality or warmth as you would expect. The welcome was more than extended by Bart, the doorman who sincerely couldnt do enough to help and offered to carry our cases. All of the other staff at the hotel were so welcoming and nice even housekeeping ...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review, I want to assure you that your comments were noted, and we appreciate your honest feedback.

I am however delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall, and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for two nights, mid week and had a very relaxing stay. We booked into the hotel at short notice, having moved from another hotel in the city which wasn’t up to scratch. On arrival we were greeted by the General Manager who was very friendly and welcoming. We were allocated a spacious room towards the back of the hotel which was comfortable and impeccably decorated.
We dined in Perrotts restaurant on one of the nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. Breakfast in the main restaurant was delicious and the eggs benedict were the best I’ve tasted in a long time.
I have to mention the staff we encountered during our stay who were pleasant and professional and really made the stay memorable, including the ladies who serviced the room, staff in the bar, and John, the waiter, in Perrotts restaurant who was entertaining.
The hotel is well run and exudes that 5-star quality and sparkle that sets it apart from others (we stayed in another 5-star hotel a few days later and it didn’t match the level of service and warmth of Hayfield Manor). The hotel is idyllic, enjoying a good location – just a short walk into the city centre – yet hidden from the rest of the world. A thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing stay; we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2009

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your positive review, I will pass your comments onto the staff, which I know they will deeply appreciate.

I thank you for staying with us, and look forward to your next visit.

Ettienne van Vrede - General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2009

I have just returned from a weekend trip with my wife and 4 month old son. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much trouble for the excellent staff. Our baby was an instant hit with the staff and they all just doted on him.
The hotel is very plush and opulent but is definitely not stuffy or condoscending in any way.
My wife and I enjoyed several treatments in the Beautique Spa and a particluar mention to Evelyn who was very nice to us both.
The breakfast is amazing in the extreme with a fabulous choice, I thoroughly enjoyed my eggs benedict on both mornings of our stay.
At very short notice we enquired if we could avail of a later than usual check out and this was simply not a problem for Ettiene and his staff.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.
Simply wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2009

Dear Sir,

Thank You very much for a fantastic review, it is always a pleasure to read such kind words, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

We booked Hayfield Manor after coming across some special offers that they had online. We were restricted in our dates which appeared unavailable on the package we wanted, but we rang the hotel directly and spoke to a very polite and accommodating girl who created a package specific to our needs.
That first interaction set the tone for our whole stay – from the doorman who greeted us on arrival, the lovely receptionist, and the staff in the restaurant at breakfast, I’ve never experienced such pleasant service before. Even the general manager upon passing us in the lobby one day enquired as to how we were enjoying our stay!
Waiting on my wife in the lobby one morning I got chatting to Louis the doorman about the GAA games that weekend – the man is a wealth of knowledge and only too happy to chat.
The rooms were big and comfortable, and the swimming pool is usually nice and quite and I enjoyed a daily swim in peace. I’ll be returning again to Hayfield Manor, it felt like I was leaving friends after our 4 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review, I already placed your review on all our notic boards around the hotel, all the satff are very thankfull for your kind words.

Thank you very much, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

We arrived quite late on thursday night , and were welcomed with what I can only describe as genuine warmth and open arms. It was like we were comming home! From this point on our stay just got better. The room was excellent , and room service was limited but very good food indeed. We hardly left our room for the stay , except for saturday when we walked into cork city and dined in the restarunt in the hotel that night. Cork is a great spot we visited 3 gallerys including the glucksman, which is a little self indulgent but quite fun all the same. We dined in the hotel on saturday which was very dissapointing. VERY average to poor service and food. This however in no way took away from the great experience. Overall this place is one of the best . They really care! We have allready booked our return trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I couldn't rate this hotel highly enough. I travelled alone to attend a photography course which was taking place in the hotel. From the moment I arrived I was treated royally. The room on the 3rd floor was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. Comfy bed, beautiful bathroom and a view from the window looking out over the trees across Cork City. I enjoyed a lovely meal in Perrots Restaurant and then a leisurely breakfast the following morning. The staff were so friendly, especially Bart the hardworking, ultra professional Concierge and nothing was overlooked. Remembering my name, newspapers at breakfast, beautiful comfy couches to chill out on, the fantastic gardens .... I could go on and on. If you want to spoil yourself on a weekend in Cork - make sure to book the Hayfield. I'll definately be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2009

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your review it is much appreciated.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

This is the second time we stayed here and loved it. The hotel is situated close to the city centre but feels as though you are away from it all. The staff are fantastic - professional, friendly and courteous and nothing is a problem to them.

Our room was lovely - spacious and extremely comfortable and overlooked the hotel entrance. The bar is compact but very comfortable. We ate in the bistro and the food was very good. The breakfast is great and really sets you up for the day.

I loved the spa and the pool - it is exclusive to hotel guests so is never crowded.

A special mention to Bart the concierge who is simply amazing!

This is definately one of my favourite hotels and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

Dear Sir,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us for a second time, it means so much to us when we see our guests return, thank you for your kind words, I will ensure Bart gets your message.