“It's a great place once find it!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oklahoma
“It's a great place once find it!”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Hayfield is somewhat unique. They are small enough to be personable with their service, but I could sense a strong corporate backing. The staff at the hotel is a pleasure. The food is excellent and the setting overlooking Cork College beautiful. I think it might be a little high on it's rates... but then again, it is very unique.

But the real purpose of this review is to tell you how to find it if you're driving: (1) take your best shot at finding it through the maps on the website or some other internet tool. (I didn't try a gps because I was too busy looking for pedestrians, walls and cars.) There are no street signs, but their are signs to landmarks. The hotel is one of them. Good luck with this. Once I knew I was in the general vicinity, I finally gave in and asked a taxi driver. There are many of them and they are mostly waiting around anyway. He was very friendly, told me right at the light, two blocks, take a right, then repeated it. One minute later, we drove through the gate. It's a great place once you find it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review, yes I agree it can sometimes be hard to find, but we are working with the council to improve the direction signage in general.

We are delighted that you had a great experience, once again thank you for your kind words.

Warm Regards

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We spent 2 nights here with our 4 year old daughter and got a good deal on a large family room. It was such a relaxing and comfortable 3 days with old-fashioned, attentive 5 star service. It was raining when we arrived and my husband and daughter were met by a porter with an umbrella who helped with our luggage. Then after I parked the car, I opened the car door to find another porter with an umbrella to walk me back to the hotel! The staff are what make this hotel great and nothing was ever too much to ask. Our room was large and traditionally furnished, and if I wanted to nit-pick, I could say that it was a little tired in places and the shower cubicle could do with a re-fit. But because the service and facilities in the rest of the hotel were so good, those details seem minor. The breakfast was one of the best we've ever had - there's a cold buffet spread, and there's hot breakfast that's can be cooked to order. The full Irish breakfast was fantastic. Our daughter was accommodated in everyway - there are loads of kiddie DVDs available from reception, there's a very generous kids' afternoon tea (with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cakes and hot chocolate), kids' menu in the restaurants, pool on-site. She didn't want to leave, and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank miya'smum
Washington DC
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My husband and I recently spent 9 days in Ireland and our only regret is that we spent only 1 night at the Hayfield Manor.

The hotel is spectacular and the staff is beyond gracious and professional. Our enormous room was located on the top floor and possessed stunning views of downtown Cork. The marble bathroom had both a shower and tub and is easily larger then my current bedroom. The staff was ever present and helpful. Upon our, later than expected, arrival the staff welcomed us with fine Port, chocolates, and a charger for my Ipod. (Now that is service!) The following day we were served gratis coffee and cookies and the staff not only helped us map out our drive toward Lahinch, but recommended books for us to read, future sights to see and in general made our stay in Cork and in Ireland one of the best parts of our trip.

At a rate of 159 euros, this is Ireland's best deal and I will highly recommend it to anyone visiting Ireland. My husband and I can not wait to visit again!

1 Thank 3plums
Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Stayed 3 nights over the weekend with my girlfriend. As I had stayed before it was nice to be remembered on arrival. Everything about this hotel has already been said. I can only describe our experience as magical. We both look forward to returning. Internet rate was very reasonable.

Dartford, England
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We only stayed here one night on our recent trip to Ireland, I just wish we had booked longer. The room, the staff, the food, the spa and the attention to detail were outstanding. We will certainly be back.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2009

A real big thank you to Ettienne, Ann Marie, Emma, Graeme and all of the staff at Hayfield Manor Hotel for hosting our small intimate wedding (57 guests total) last Friday, June 26th. And for the superb accomodation and dining experiences we enjoyed at the hotel. From the moment we decided to have the wedding reception at the Hayfield Manor, all of the staff have been so kind and helpful. We are local, living only a few hundred yards from the hotel, so always knew of the great reputation which the hotel has. However, in all respects, it surpassed our expectations. Small requests were handled with efficiency and care, the bedrooms and leisure centre were just perfect and the food was certainly five star. We even stayed an extra night in the hotel as we enjoyed the place so much, taking advantage of the great value offered in the Bistro on the second night. All of our guests were equally impressed. Too top it all, we feel that the whole package was very good value and would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Thanks again,
Cian and Lisa

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
Dear Cian and Lisa,

Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the day at Hayfield Manor, and it was a great pleasure to host your wedding. Lisa you looked amazing!!!

We wish you all the happiness and a long life together.

Enjoy Africa!

Warm Ragards

Ettienne van Vrede
Brighton
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I booked one night's stay here for my Mum and Dad's 60th birthday. We all loved it. The hotel is furnished to a very high standard. The staff too were well-trained and very attentive, without being the least bit starchy or snooty. We are not used to such swanky environments, but we were immediately put at ease and made to feel very welcome. One of the senior staff (who I think was related to the owners) showed us around, describing how the building had been renovated and how she had designed some of the beautiul rooms in the hotel. We were told that, even though the restaurant was supposed to be closing, we didn't need to worry about going hungry, and they would stay open later, just for us!

We had a drink in the bar, which was great. Nice quality wine (not as expensive as I thought it would be!) and very nice atmosphere (apart from a couple of loud Americans who seemed to have been there a while). We were then taken to our table in Perrotts Bistro, which is an informal, but immaculately-decorated restaurant. Great "simple" food at reasonable prices and excellent service.

The rooms were very spacious and very well equipped. I had a very comfortable evening after a soak in the bath and slipping into the robes and slippers that were hung by the bath... In the morning a visit to the spa, with indoor pool and a jaccuzzi in the garden, was well worth a try. Breakfast was a delight in the beautiful Orchids Restaurant.

Before we left we had a walk around the lovely gardens and had a chat with the very nice doorman, who spent considerable time giving us detailed directions to our next destination. Again I have to say that the staff could not have done more to help.

I would recommend a visit to the Hayfield Manor Hotel. It is pricey, but I think we got our moneys-worth. I would love to go back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family