“Hayfield Manor is Fantastic”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin
“Hayfield Manor is Fantastic”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

My self and my sisters wanted to take my Mom away for her 60th Birthday, so we wanted something special.

We debated over loads of hotels around the country and choose Hayfield based on the great reviews it got.

We were not disappointed, everything was brilliant. It’s great that it lived up to its great reputation.

It’s a small Luxury Hotel with real old world charm is definitely a 5 star. The staff were really helpful. They allowed us look at the rooms before we checked in. The single beds were like small doubles and the rooms were very spacious…We never had to carry our bags thanks to Bart.

We all got treatments, I have to say I look great after my facial. My mother fell asleep during her massage….We had a great laugh using the facilities, pool and outdoor Jacuzzi.

Its very close to the city so you can wander around UCC and in to the city.

We had dinner on the second night in Perrotts Garden Bistro, and again that was great.
I think they will remeber us, we were laughing all eveining...

I will be back with the Hubby for a romantic weekend way very soon.

• Stayed May 2009
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2009
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for the beautiful review you posted. It is lovely to read such nice experiences. We most certainly remeber you, but am so happy that you enjoyed the evening, that is the most important thing. Thank you once again for choosing Hayfield Manor. We look forward to meeting your husband too.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I stayed at Hayfield Manor for a 'girls' weekend as a birthday treat for our Mum. From the minute we arrived the service stood out as superb. The hotel itself is beautiful - an old manor house, wonderfully preserved and presented. Our rooms were spacious and spotless. We ate in Orchids restaurant on our 1st night which was faultless - food, service, everything was perfect.
We enjoyed a selection of spa treatments which were lovely, but we didn't book them early enough in advance (2 weeks in advance) to get the times we wanted.
Everything about Hayfield Manor was great - if I had to fault something, it would be the lack of tea/coffee making facilites in our rooms, but that really wasn't an issue for me.
I've already booked to go back with my husband for our anniversary weekend later in the year which we are very much looking forward to.
I'm not sure that it's a hotel I would bring our children to - not because they wouldn't be welcomed - but more because I think their 'youthful exuberance' might be a little out of place in the calm, relaxed surroundings ;)
From arrival to departure our stay at Hayfield Manor was truely a 5 star experience.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2009
Dear Madam,

Thank you ver y much for a fantastic and kind review, it is always great to hear about your experiences, thank you indeed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Thank you once again.

san francisco,ca
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I just love the Hayfield manor, we stayed here for two nights in april (our second stay) I love everything about this hotel! I have two rooms overlooking the garden which is beautiful! My mom and I went to the spa for massages which were pretty good! Dinner at the orchid was amazing and reasonable! Bart is very sweet!!! he even remembers us from last time!!!! we will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I will make sure to pass on your comments toBart, thank you very much and we look forward to your third visit at Hayfield Manor.

N.Y. USA
Reviewed April 29, 2009

After finally finding the hotel, I was disappointed in particular with the Restaurant. The seating was grubby and stained. The food cold and mediocre. The Staff had poor levels of english (Eastern European) and the prices represent poor value for money( presumably something the hotel can exploit given its close proximity to the university).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank wildwesttravel
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Dear Sir,

I was disappointed to read about your visit, and that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. I was also surprized to learn that the area was run down as the University is just beside us, and it being reconized as one of the top universities in the country. I do take your comments on board and appreciate your feedback. We will look into this and ensure that they are adhered to.

Dublin
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Hayfield Manor is a lovely if old fashioned hotel just behind UCC about 15 minutes walk from Cork City Centre.

Hotel: Quite small, old house but very well presented. The staff are extremely helpful. The back garden is small but very pretty.

Rooms: The room we had was very comfortable though not huge and there was no mini-bar or tea-making facilities. TV was large and came with DVD player and CD player. The bathroom was pristine with both a shower and a separate bath.

Dinner: Fabulous meal - really wonderful food and great service in the restaurant. The wine list is well priced with a good selection.

Bar: Good service in a small bar but a bit expensive.

Pool etc: Pool is nice (very quiet each time we went down to it) with a small steam room and outdoor jacuzzi.

All in all, excellent experience but maybe lacking the extra facilities that larger hotels have. 9/10!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Loved it! Staff was A+++, restaurant was A+++, rooms were A+++. Not sure I can name one thing to make this place better. Doesn't get much better.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny
Reviewed March 18, 2009

This was our second trip to Hayfield Manor, we love the place. I had requested champagne in our room on arrival, it was waiting for us in a bucket of ice with strawberry's and cream when we walked into the room. Bart (the concierge) is possibly the friendliest gentleman I have ever met & the big thing is he seems very genuine, not like he is putting on an act. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. My wife had some Spa treatments on the Saturday morning and she was so relaxed all day. The treatments are very good value and the staff do not skimp on treatments, you are really treated like royalty.
The bar and reception are just as you imagine they should be. The roaring fire is very welcoming.
In short, I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough, we will be back.
Thanks to all the staff there who really do make the hotel special.

1 small item, upon checkout I was overcharged. I would not have noticed it but my wife was going through the bill as I was driving home and she picked up on it. We called the hotel and it was sorted straight away.
This did not in any way taint our view of the hotel or the staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple