“Fabulous!!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We cruised to the Hayfield Manor for one night on Monday June 2nd (BH weekend).
From start to finish the staff of the hotel couldn't have been nicer to us.
The whole Hotel was just beautiful. It was welcoming, cosy, relaxing, uninterfering, but yet if there was anything that could be done to help us in any way, it was only a compliment. Our room was a superior one and it was beautiful. The decor was simply gorgeous.
We used the pool, steam room, jaccuzi, and all to satisfaction.
We had an evening meal there, in the Bistro.
Orchids Restaurant was not open on this night. This was the only disadvantage, but we were aware of this before we arrived.
The bistro was beautiful, however we would have liked more choice of food.
It was also expensive for a bistro menu, but again, you didn't have to have everything on it, and that made it cheaper then.
However in saying this, we still had a fabulous experience here and would definately love to go back again soon, and eat in Orchids the next time.
The breakfast was also fabulous and the choice there, endless.
We would like to compliment Aoife and Frank who recieved us on arrival and thank them and all the staff of the Hayfield for making our stay, simply wonderful.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KAte L
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear KAte L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you were so pleased with the ambience of our hotel. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise, and for your helpful feedback on our Bistro menu.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to them. It means a great deal to us all to know that our efforts are recognised, and I am sure that Aoife and Frank will be especially pleased.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully for an extended visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Before we arrived, the staff were very helpful in planning our reception for 25. The room we had booked to get ready was beautiful. We had a nice private room for the reception, including a library and most of the garden to ourselves. The servers were perfect and great with the children we had at our dinner. The food was fantastic. They made it a very special day!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karenjj1979
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Karenjj1979,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing Hayfield Manor to host your recent wedding celebrations.

I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our service in the run up to your wedding, and I will be certain to forward your gratitude to Roisin in particular. Thank you so much for your marvellous comments about our service. It gives me immense pleasure to know that we helped to make your day so special for both of you and for your families too.

It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations. I would like to thank you once again for your kind praise and recommendation on behalf of all the team at Hayfield Manor.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon, and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you both and to wish you every good fortune for your future together.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I had our wedding reception dinner here with family from Cork, London and Canada and everyone was impressed with the setting and service. We hired the Orchids restaurant for private dining and had the use of the library and the garden for photographs which was superb.The kids were also well catered for. From start to finish I experienced nothing but full professionalism and must mention Roisin for all her help. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank unguided
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear unguided,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your wedding reception with us, and thank you also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

It was an absolute delight to read. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your special day so immensely. Thank you very much for your marvellous comments about our service in particular. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your meal, and that the children were made to feel special also.

It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am, especially Roisin.

I look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully very soon, and I would like to wish you and your new wife the very best for your future together.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My hubby surprised me with a trip to Cork and we stayed in this beautiful hotel.
It's kind of in the city center, close enough to restaurants, pubs & shops.
The room was excellent, clean, big, well equipped, bed was very comfy all in all very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Breda B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback on our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you were so pleased with our accommodation. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful recommendation.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Was beautiful when we arrived but the only grass is by the front drive. I was expecting a country setting with walks etc. It just wasn't what we were expecting. We had a room with 3 beds, so they had to add a bed. When they did that they lost? a head board and that bed had saw dust all over the sheets. The hotel staff immediately came up, but couldn't do anything that night so ended up just changing the bed sheets. The next day we received a new head board and a lovely note with chocolates. The staff was very friendly, but said they'd help us find a beach that they recommended, but after waiting almost an hour we just left. Also they couldn't remember that there where 3 people in the room so had to keep asking for additional towels and cups and glasses. Ended up just being a hassle and hated having to repeatedly call the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear NoonGraham,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to hear that you thought the hotel grounds were beautiful. While I am sorry to note that our location was not what you expected, I would like to clarify that we are indeed a city centre hotel, and that we do advertise this on our website.

Naturally I was very disappointed to learn that you had been allocated a room with no headboards when you arrived. This was an error on our part, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you. We take great pride in the high quality of our service, and it is very disappointing to know that it did not reach your expectations on this occasion.

I was also very sorry to hear that our accommodation team neglected to supply you with enough towels and cups. I do apologise for the inconvenience, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to make amends to you in the future.

very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. I would be very grateful if you contact me when you plan to return to us, so that I can personally oversee your visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Myself and my wife spent 2 nights here recently over the bank holiday weekend. On arrival my first impression was that it looks very nice and it is also in a nice quiet location but still in the city. 15 minute walk to town.
Check in was great and the lobby area never seems busy or noisy. I won't say i was disappointed with our room but found it a bit on the small side for 5 star and a bit dated and worn.
The pool arae is very nice although again small and i was surprised that there is no changing room as such. We didn't use the spa so can't comment but the relaxation area is in te pool area and i would presume that children dive bombing is not a very relaxing sound after a nice massage!
There is an outdoor hot tub and I have to say I really can't understand why. The blue cover is just thrown in the corner by the staff and the ground is very uneven outside. i know pace is limited but that hot tub really brings the standard down in my opinion. I have stayed in most top 5 stars in Ireland and the leisure facilities don't come close to any of them I'm afraid. The gym is tiny but we used it every morning anyway and had it to ourselves.
The absolute worst part of the stay for me was the price of drinks in the bar. I'm sorry but €5.80 for a pint of Guinness is an absolute disgrace. Pints are cheaper in Temple bar in Dublin not to mention in Powerscourt and Dromoland Castle. That to me was unacceptable and it was not just the Guinness but every drink.
Food in the restaurant was excellent at all times including breakfast. The breakfast being one of the niceest I have ever had with the bufet layout being very classy indeed.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay but the drink prices brought it down. All staff in this hotel are fantastic and trained very well. I would of course go back but only if looking for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tevezr

Dear stephentobinopw,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor was quite positive. Thank you very much for your kind feedback on all aspects of your stay.

I am glad to note that you were pleased with our location, and that you enjoyed our cuisine, particularly our breakfast. I will be certain to forward your kind comments to our team.

Naturally I was very dismayed to learn that you were not satisfied with the décor of your room. I would like to assure you that we have a program of continuous refurbishment in place at Hayfield Manor, however with eighty eight rooms and suites I am certain that you can appreciate that it does take some time to update them all. Had we been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, it would have been our pleasure to allocate you an alternative room.

Thank you for also your helpful feedback on our leisure facilities. I would like to clarify however that we do in fact have three changing rooms available for guests’ use. I am very sorry to hear that you were not impressed by our outdoor jacuzzi, or by our pricing, and I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken on board.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Where do I start? I have stayed at the Hayfield quite a few time whilst on business and it is an experience I look forward to. The service is the best I have ever enjoyed whilst on business or staying away for pleasure.

Rooms, these are large and well equipped, the beds are superb and the windows have shutters which means it stays good and dark in the summer mornings. All these things equal a really good nights sleep.

Breakfast, the eggs Benedict is to die for but the rest of the extensive menu is superb also - I've not sampled it all but what I have has all been very good.

Free Wifi - always a plus when away and it has always worked in my room which I can't say about all the hotels I've stayed in.

Fitness - the one draw back is the gym, this is a bit underwhelming but not enough to make me knock off a star.

Bar - the bar is very good and they keep a fine pint of Murphy's as well as the selection of whisky's you'd expect. Taking drinks in the library with clients is great.

All in all a quality hotel for a very reasonable price.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shrike99

Dear Shrike99,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in February, and for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you have enjoyed all your stays with us so much. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback in relation to our service. I am utterly thrilled with your very kind praise of all aspects of our hotel.

I am especially pleased to know that our service continues to exceed your expectations. I am very proud of our exceptional team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

Thank you also for your helpful feedback on our gym. I am very glad to inform you that since your last visit, we have upgraded our equipment, and I do hope it will be to your satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.