“I had a very unfortunate incident” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
White Plains, New York
“I had a very unfortunate incident”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The property was lovely, as was our dinner and breakfast. The staff was attentive and the common areas were comfortable. For this I give 5 stars. My wife and I rented a Junior Suite, and was given a room the the third floor, first room off of the elevator. We'll during the evening, the Manor had a local lad singing belting our Frank Sinatra songs accompanied by full band electronic recordings in the lobby area. It was loud, but entertaining. The Manor has an open floor plan from the 1st floor lobby area all the way to the top floor. Well, when my wife an I went to retire for ht evening at 9:30pm, we were severely affected by the singer and his electronic band. It was so loud in our room we could not go to sleep. When we made the customer service agent aware of it, explaining that we are willing to move - she offered no solution but to stay up to 11:00pm,when the gentleman's performance would end. Well - we suffered staying up (we had jet lag) and was double tortured listening to 1 1/2 hours of Sinatra sung by an amateur. So for that experience I give them -1 star for ruining my stay. That's how I end up giving 3 stars. If you stay here - make sure you room is down a hall in case they have entertainment in the lobby.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation, insist on a room that is not close to the elevator area in case they ha...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YandB_LabLover
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest YandB_LabLover,

I'd like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Ireland and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast. I'm thrilled that our staff impressed you. It's always nice to hear lovely comments about our team and I shall ensure that your kind words are passed on to everyone. I am absolutely dismayed to discover that your sleep was disturbed by the entertainment that evening, and furthermore disappointed to hear that your request to move rooms was not acknowledged. We generally have entertainment in the lobby during the weekends which will finish at approximately 10.30/11pm, however we always strive to ensure that this enhances, rather than interferes with, our guests' stay. I sincerely apologise for the frustration this must have caused.

If you return to Cork, I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor. Please contact me directly should you wish to do so as I'd like to personally oversee all aspects of your visit.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our visit to Cork was truly enhance by our stay at Hayfield Manor. The hotel was charming, the rooms a bit smallish but well done, and the staff was top notch. It was an easy 20 minute walk to the city center for site seeing and dinner each night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paigers1,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences on your recent stay at Hayfield Manor and indeed for choosing to stay with us while you were in Cork.

I am truly delighted to hear that you found our hotel charming. Thank you for your compliments on our hardworking and dedicated staff, whom will be delighted to have their efforts recognised.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor very soon.

gotham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed in Hayfield Manor in February and this was my Christmas present to my partner. We got one of the special deals and the hotel, staff and everything else were great. Staff were helpful, facilities were great. Would recommend it to anyone. We had a lovely meal after the long drive from the North. Breakfast was not included and was quite expensive but there were plenty of places within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest Gilbert179,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your visit to Hayfield Manor in February.

It is always a pleasure to learn that our facilities and especially our staff made a wonderful impression on you. You are most kind in your compliments regarding your meals, as always our culinary team will be overjoyed yet again to hear such fantastic compliments.

I hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor very soon – perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity to indulge in what many consider the best breakfast offering in Ireland!

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

A truly wonderful hotel where nothing is too much trouble. The staff are courteous and helpful. the hotel has a country house feel very homely and relaxed.

Breakfast was a meal to remember being a fresh and filling traditional start to the day.

I would throughly recommend it.

Dear Guest DeeWoolford,

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Cork and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is truly heartwarming to hear that you felt relaxed and at home for the duration of your stay. I am delighted that our team were courteous and helpful. I shall be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone who made your stay wonderful.

We certainly consider breakfast the most important meal of the day, and I am happy to hear that it was a memorable experience for you.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April. Hotel was very busy but we were always able to find a nice quiet area when we wanted and a buzzy hopping spot when wanted.
We ate in both restaurants, both were so nice, my fav was definitely Perrots garden bistro, much larger selection, bigger portions and a great buzz. The staff were superb and as nice as all the other reviews state, and then some.
Room was spotless and spacious.
both my wife and I had two spa treatments each and loved them, relaxation area was a bit small but we weren't hanging about for long so we didn't mind.
This hotel just proves that you get what you pay for, it isn't cheap but it is a proper five star hotel.
Cannot wait to return

Dear Guest rugrig,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor during your recent visit and moreover for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is a pleasure to read that your stay was perfect. I am thrilled that you were able to experience both the serenity and calmness of the spa, along with the upbeat, buzzing atmosphere of Perrotts Garden Bistro. We pride ourselves on creating cuisine of the highest local quality at Hayfield Manor, and our chefs will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Thank you for your feedback about the relaxation room in The Beautique Spa. I am delighted to inform you that we are currently renovating the spa area and the relaxation are is to be moved nearer to the pool area. This will ensure a lot more space for our guests to lounge, while also creating an extra treatment room.

Once again I would like to thank you for your wonderful review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor very soon.

Waterford Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Love Hayfield Manor, it truly feels just like one huge house. Very Pretty. Rooms cosy. Excellent food from the bar to the main dining rooms. Walking distance from the town, so excellent location in Cork City. My favourite Hotel to stay while in Cork, always first choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest DeeWaterfordIreland,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of Hayfield Manor with us.

I am thrilled that you love Hayfield Manor as much as we do! Thank you for your wonderful comment about our cuisine in both our bar and restaurants. I am delighted to know that we are your favourite hotel in Cork.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor on your next visit to Cork!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

The University of Cork and the Infectious Diseases Society of Ireland have put me up at this sweet inn/hotel with a huge room, comfy bed, large bathroom and impeccable service. We ate dinner here as well, delicious with great service and excellent wines. The bar is classic comfort. Would come here again. Has fitness room, pool, and spa. Walking distance from medical school.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest cvdhmd,

Many thanks for choosing to review your recent stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed your guest bedroom, bathroom and dinner with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments on our service. I shall be sure to pass on your compliments to all the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the future.