“The best hotel ever!!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I love this hotel, there are no words to describe how perfect everything about it is!!! People who are working are really amazing, service is perfect in every aspect! My husband and I had wedding there and one year after, we went there to spend our wedding anniversary weekend, even we live few minutes from there:). Hotel made our wedding and our anniversary really special, they are treating their guest like you are most important on the world. I would and I do recommend them to everybody and I will come back again! Best hotel I ever been in and I have been in 5 starts hotel! This one is treating you like your are family..

1  Thank Tamara C
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest Tamara C,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our staff.

It is always a great pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations, and it is gratifying when the team are acknowledged for their hard work. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I am certain that they will all be delighted with your kind words.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,100)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am a regular user of this hotel, and its facilities are delightful. The staff are pleasant, polite, welcoming, and animated. The rooms are well-kept and spacious.

I have been here for business, romantic getaways, family celebrations and for relaxation. Whatever the occasion, Hayfield Manor has been an extremely pleasant experience.

The spa is small (pleasantly so), but well-kept, with excellent massage therapists. Afternoon tea is delicious, and a particularly nice method by which one can relax with friends and loved-ones.

I highly recommend this hotel for all purposes. Both restaurants are of the highest standard and provide an excellent, broad selection of food and beverages. Breakfast is varied and pleasant. The grounds are stunning.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the first and third floor on numerous occasions. Both are proudly kept and quiet.
1  Thank EmerAhern

Dear Guest EmerAhern,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for continuing to choose to stay with us.

It gives me great pleasure to know how much you continue to enjoy your stays with us, and I am absolutely thrilled that we have had the pleasure of being able to host a wide variety of occasions for you and your family.

I would also like to thank you for recommending us; it is only by such wonderful recognition such as your own that kind words are spread far and near about Hayfield Manor.

I sincerely hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor time and again for many more stays.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The most beautiful experience I've ever had at a hotel. True 5 star luxury, superb service, stunning room and and facilities that make you feel like your on a cloud. Cannot recommend this hotel enough. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ozchickinuk

Dear guest Ozchickinuk,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you kindly for your high praise of all of our facilities within our hotel, especially for your praise of our team.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you want a trip back in time and make believe that you actually live in this relatively small (that is how it "feels") manor of your own, then this is the place to stay.
My husband and I LOVED the feel of this place...it feels "small", the staff is extremely on top of everything but you don't have them on your face...Another place that feels like being at home but with all the attention and pampering you may or may not have in your own home.
The food is excellent, the beds are delicious to sleep on, the location is perfect!!!!! we are definitely going back!

Room Tip: if you could stay in the presidential suite....it is worth it!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LFZ_81

Dear Guest LFZ_81,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you for your very kind praise of our team and hotel overall. I am delighted to know that you felt our home was yours as we strive very hard to ensure our guests are made to feel exceptionally welcome.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Really comfortable and stylish. Feels like a really posh country house hotel.
Staff exceptionally professional and friendly and clearly very well trained in customer service.
I stayed 2 nights and the only minor quibble I had was that the shoe shine facility (which is a rarity these days) wasn't great and I thought my shoes looked the same in the morning. Not exactly something to destroy one's stay!!
Because my visit was UCC related I got the corporate rate which is good value

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MCannock

Dear Guest MCannock,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our service. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, and it is a very relaxing spot. The pool was fabulous and the staff were very accomodating. The hotel itself was busy but at night you would not hear a sound. The only minor let down was the food, for the price it should be a level higher

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerryyum

Dear Guest kerryyum,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent visit to us and that you especially mentioned our team. I shall be sure to relate your kind comments back to everyone.

Naturally I am disappointed to learn that you didn’t feel our cuisine was up to the same standard of our hotel. I am delighted to inform you however that over the next coming weeks we will be making improvements to our menu’s and so I sincerely hope that these shall exceed your expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

1,500+ people (those who have reviewed this property) cannot be wrong. My partner and I were hoping to spend a night in a castle as part of a short trip to Ireland, but every site we checked was booked up. Our AAA Ireland guide recommended Hayfield Manor, but I was skeptical because it was built so recently. One visit to their gorgeous web site solved that.

Upon arriving, we discovered a gated entrance at the end of a quiet street, and passing through we were greeted with a sprawling manor house on beautiful grounds. Check-in was quick and we were offered help with our bags several times. One of the receptionists walked us personally to our room and opened the door. Each time we passed an employee, we were greeted warmly.

The room was incredible, with the most comfortable bed and linens I have ever slept in. I could go on, describing each room or experience with superlative after superlative, but in short: afternoon tea was so delicious and filling that we skipped dinner; breakfast at the on-side Orchids was as varied as it was beautifully presented and satisfying to eat; the complimentary night-cap of locally-produced Drombeg was unexpected and very tasty. We did not use the pool or any of the spa facilities, but it was clear that they were top-notch.

In short, if your trip to Ireland takes you anywhere near Cork, stay at Hayfield Manor. And even if it doesn't, the attention paid to every aspect of this property warrants a substantial reroute.

Room Tip: We stayed in a manor room (120), at the end of the hallway. Our night was completely silent even tho...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest Nathan R,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to our hotel, I am all the more pleased to hear that although we were not your original first choice, you were so thrilled with your stay on departure.

I am also delighted to know that you were so impressed with our cuisine. At Hayfield Manor we take great pride in souring local ingredients to ensure that both of our restaurants exceed our guests expectations.

I very much hope that should you travel to Cork again, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor.