“A Lovely Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, WA
“A Lovely Place to Stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I would highly recommend the Hayfield! The staff was wonderful and the level of service was top notch. We attended a wedding and our group had a fantastic experience in every way. The manor is charming, comfortable, and cozy. The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. It was a delight to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RiaBee
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest RiaBee,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our charming hotel, especially regarding the cuisine.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you also for recommending us.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My now husband and I stayed here for three amazing nights back in 2009. I know, I know, this review is really late :/ . Anyways my husband and I had a great stay. The room was clean and large, the food was amazing , the pool, hot tub, and over all spa experience top notch. I spent almost all of my late afternoons down at the pool with a cup of fresh juice provided by the manor and a book. One day I took to sitting in reclining chairs that over look the pool and had a nice relaxing cup of tea.
The main reason for this review is simple. On our last night we off handedly mentioned that we were leaving the manor at 5am, letting the concierge on the night and early morning shift know that we enjoyed our stay. The next morning we were BEYOND surprised to find a full continental breakfast with the manors beautiful silver service laid out for us. This breakfast surprise was completely complimentary and beyond unexpected. At the time we wrote a letter to management letting them know how pleased we had been with our stay but the time has come to share it with all! A truly unforgettable stay at one of the worlds best!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank lshappee
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest lshappee,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly that five years on you have written such a glowing review about Hayfield Manor. We really do try to ensure that every guest of ours is made to feel truly spoilt throughout their stay so I am delighted to hear that our five star touches helped us to exceed your expectations.

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to Hayfield Manor again the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hayfield Manor is very comfortable with all the appearance of luxury. The double room we stayed in was spacious, lots of soft towels and dressing gowns to use. We found the pool and spa very good, my wife had an excellent massage. The staff were friendly.
However a couple of niggles detracted from our relaxation. We found the location of the reception and managers desks very prominent in the downstairs lounge area, and a bit obtrusive. And although it seems a small point, the fact that whoever did the "bed turn down" closed the window we had carefully opened caused the room to get stuffy and hot and spoiled our nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest NicckM,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us again at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our hotel and the facilities that we have to offer. I am delighted to hear that you felt comfortable in your guest room and the spa & that you found our team to be friendly.

Naturally I am disappointed to read that you did not have a good night’s sleep. When our accommodation team do the ‘turndown’ service they do unfortunately close the windows in the guest rooms in the winter time so that the room is not cold on your arrival. My sincerest apologies that this caused you to have a restless night.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future for a third visit.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The rooms could use a little updating,, but the service, atmosphere and facilities couldn't have been better. The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Excellent dining in the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We would stay there again if we are ever able to return to Cork.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest Bev D,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us here at Hayfield Manor recently.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel during your stay. Thank you for your comments in relation to our team, it is always so gratifying when the team receive such kind recognition, I shall be sure to relate your comments back to everyone.

Bev D, thank you also for your constructive feedback about our guest rooms. This year we are delighted to inform our guests that we shall be refurbishing all of our guest rooms so I hope that should you be in Cork again we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back & our improvements will meet your expectations.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night in business. Excellent rate including breakfast which was fantastic. Bedroom was large and luxurious and the bed and pillows were 1st class.
Shower was weak but other than that everything from the Staff etc was super. Would love to go back on a pleasure trip

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest Conor K,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us last night at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to write your kind review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you also for your lovely comments in relation to your guest room, I am pleased to hear that our bedding exceeded your expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon, hopefully for that pleasure trip.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My son and I stayed last weekend for two nights, the staff were fantastic and made such a fuss of my son. He especially loved the milk and cookies left in our room at night for him. The food was fantastic and loads of choice on the children's menu. We had an amazing time as usual and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest Smyth42,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and for taking the time to write your review.

I am very glad to read that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us and he especially was delighted with our children’s cookies and milk treat in the evening.

Thank you also for your high praise of our cuisine and our team here at Hayfield Manor. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests and their families, are thoroughly spoilt throughout their stay.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - I loved the old world charm and the relaxed atmosphere – The staff I can honestly say were exemplary each and every one and a definite credit to a very well-run establishment

Room Tip: Manor room - spacious, fresh and totally relaxing - excellent in every way