“Luxurious Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Columbus, Ohio
“Luxurious Stay”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hayfield Manor while on our honeymoon. The room was spacious and comfortable. The swimming pool, spa, and hot tub were a relaxing treat after a day of site seeing. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had afternoon tea in the drawing room and it was lovely. The hotel bar charges an exorbitant price for cocktails which is too bad since we wanted to stay in our hotel for the evening. Save your money and go to a pub for a drink.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ohio32
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest ohio32,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently.

It was a delight to read through your review and I am thrilled to know that we helped to make your honeymoon a special occasion for you both. Thank you very much indeed for your high praise of our hotel facilities and our service, it’s always rewarding to be able to forward kind praise on to our team.

I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this charming hotel. It is an older mansion that has been restored to its original grandeur. The garden area is beautiful and the pool/spa equally elegant. Service was friendly and professional. Our room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was included and was excellent with a buffet and ala carte items. We left the next day refreshed and relaxed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kentkt
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest Kentkt,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of our hotel. It is immensely gratifying to know that we exceeded your expectations.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I absolutely loved Hayfield Manor. The concierge Michael was very welcoming and had a wealth of knowledge. Bags taken from the car to our room. Umbrella at the ready to shield us from the rain. Reception were absolutely faultless and I feel some of the finest front of house staff I have come across. Baby sitter was wonderful. Dining room staff courteous, friendly and very professional. Spa team superb. First class service all round. We were made to feel incredibly special and that nothing was too much trouble.
There was a huge selection of either cooked or buffet style breakfasts. Cereals, pastries, fruit etc..Bloody Mary's & Bucks Fizz, juices, coffee and a wide variety of teas. The full irish breakfasts were fabulous.
Dinner in orchids was stupendous.
The pool and out door jacuzzi were wonderful - enjoyed by all the family!
The bedroom (we stayed in a family room with kingsize, queen beds and cot) was huge and opulant and the bathroom to die for - with a claw foot bath, double sinks, robes, slippers, an abundance of fluffy towels and a separate shower.
In the evenings the bar is a haven with warm open fires, wine flowing freely, fantastic cask ales (if that's your bag - it was my hubbies), leather sofa's and sumptuous chairs and a pianist playing a baby grand in the foyer - a wonderfully relaxing experience.
But what I have to say - and I must really stress this - The staff are what make this luxurious hotel a First Class choice.
I would love to stay again, NO in fact I WILL stay again - perhaps this time sans children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Natasha E
Dear Guest Natasha E,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled to know that you all enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about all of our departments here at Hayfield Manor. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed such a relaxing time with us.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. I am very proud of our wonderful team, and I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am with your very kind comments.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

North Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoye our two-night stay at the Hayfield Manor. Another older property that has been carefully restored and updated to blend both the old and the new. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent. Breakfasts also excellent. The staff was very helpful in suggesting a local pub and arranging transportation.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a back street in Cork. Views are limited. Our room was spacious, quiet and very comf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pieter S
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest Pieter S,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with our decor and felt our staff were more than helpful. Thank you indeed for your kind comments.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We'd been to lunch a few times to Hayfield Manor over the past few years, and spotted the rooms available for afternoon tea etc. Now - being flat out at work and at home, I was under pressure for a rapidly arriving 40th birthday!!

Michelle in Hayfield Manor to the rescue!

Quick tour of room, layout options, a few nice chocolates plus a barrage of e-mails/food options/wine list + a splatter of phonecalls from the office later - Hayfield Manor (and the fantastic crew on the day) delivered a fantastic afternoon on 19th Oct 2013.

Everyone was thrilled with the room, food, champagne and politness of the staff. Of course the secret plan to get her to the room from lunch was totally thrown together with a few minutes to go.....hmmmm....up stepped that doorman yet again, and the surprise was a great hit!

The impression was so great - that some of the guests (Da Royals!) will be looking for a nice Christmas setting for 2013. I know that Ettienne and crew will do their best again!

Great stuff!

S.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank S O
Dear Guest S O,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to hold your surprise 40th Birthday in our Drawing Room recently with your group, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the party so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your marvellous praise of both our events team and our staff on the day. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I will be certain to forward your very kind words to our chefs and our waiting staff, as I am sure they will all be delighted to know that they helped to make it a memorable occasion for and your group.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you all back again, hopefully very soon.

Galway
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed one brief night recently and were both blown away by our experience. It's a beautiful hotel and a real oasis of luxury. Room was very comfortable, food in Orchids for dinner and breakfast was excellent, pool was relaxing but what really sets it apart are the people. Fantastic team working in this hotel and they deliver an exceptional service. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clayton-GM
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest Clayton-GM,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our staff; I will ensure your comments are related back to them.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Arrived in Hayfield on a rainy Friday afternoon to a wonderful welcome by Staff who cannot do enough to make your stay a special one. Rooms are spotless and very luxurious, extra touches include turn down service, robes and slippers, bottled water. Leisure centre is very special - especially in the evening time with dimmed lighting and a very relaxing feel to it. Freshly squeezed orange juice is available and there are loungers available to sit and relax and read a book. Hayfield Manor in my opinion is a real retreat where you can relax and take a break from every day life. The food is just fabulous, breakfast is a real treat and the staff make sure you enjoy it in a leisurely manner by offering more coffee/tea etc. I had an evening meal in Perrotts which has a lovely atmosphere and the food was fantastic. I cannot recommend Hayfield enough. Well done to all the Staff and Management you've got everything totally right - I will be back !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest LisaKilkenny_Ireland,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our spa facilities and cuisine.

It means a lot to me personally to know that you think so highly of Hayfield Manor, and I would like to thank you for recommending us.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again in the near future.