Hayfield Manor Hotel
  • Pool
$175
$134
Agoda.com
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
$140
$104
Agoda.com
3,263 results
All reviewsorchid restaurantoutdoor jacuzzidrawing roomafternoon teafive star hotelturn down servicecork cityold worldbeautiful hoteleggs benedictspa treatmentstop classsteam roomfrom start to finishuniversity college corklovely touchwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived late in the afternoon at the Hayfield Manor with a group of eight. The lobby was full of guests checking in, but the staff handled the crush quickly and politely. We got our room in about 20 minutes and our bags were awaiting us there. The room was spectacular. Clean, large, the bed was comfortable as were the chairs in the room. What really took our breath was the bathroom. There an old-fashioned claw-footed bathtub along with a modern shower and sink area. The bathroom was also large, unlike some hotel where two people cannot fit in them. There was a putting machine with a putter and balls in the room. Nice touch. No mini bar, but that wasn't really a drawback. After checking in, my wife and I had a massage. It was great! Then we had a swim in the pool. The pool area is magnificent. Several lounge chairs surround it, making me wish I had more time to spend at the hotel.
This would truly be a great place for a honeymoon or any special occassion. The staff is friendly and eager to make your stay pleasant. It's a bit pricey, but well worth the cost.

Room Tip: There's not a bad one. Another nice touch is there are separate stairways to the spa, so you can wear your robe and not have to worry about strange looks walking through the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris M
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest Chris M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and to know that we managed to exceed your expectations. I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed your guest room and our leisure facilities so immensely.

It always a pleasure to receive such recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your review to the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful comments.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Location up a narrow street in the university district came as a surprise--I need to do my homework better.
Room outstanding, service outstanding--staff remembered our name--dining area and food excellent.
Overall an outstanding hotel and experience. It may be expensive but it is worth it!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mortam

Dear Guest mortam,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our guest rooms and service. I do hope that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you also for your very kind praise of our staff and our cuisine. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

while I did have a misconception regarding the location of this property , it was overcome after our stay. I thought it would be (from reviews and pictures) on the outskirts of Cork, in the countryside, however it is not...it is squeezed into the middle of a busy neighborhood, made up of narrow streets and traffic...however, you do tend to forget this as you drive through the gate of Hayfield Manor. Once inside, it does take on a serene appeal, albeit it is or was very busy when we were there, so lobby was always full, as was bar and sitting areas, this is not all bad though.
First off, staff are very personable, engaging, friendly just the right way and very efficient and helpful...they are truly at your service...all questions taken with consideration and time. Interior is kept in the style of a manor house, furniture and public areas cozy, fabrics warm, their casual restaurant is slighly a more modern garden ambiance which we enjoyed. Breakfast is served in their main dining room and was very nice, you can order homemade scones that come from the oven...this was a treat and the only place we encountered this. Our room was "delicious"...#217, don't know how we rated this as I did not request a particular room,ours overlooked the garden, was bright, airy and beautifully furnished, mattress had a pillow top put on it, so was not the run of the mill kind we often encountered and bath room, full of nice touches and products. Maid service was excellent, turn down efficient and enjoyed the truffles on arrival and water always replenished. We so enjoyed our stay at Hayfield, my spouse particularly, enjoyed the bar area with fireplace and relaxed comfort with nice bar snacks. Location turned out to be perfect for visiting Kensale and Cork...we had dinner at Oysters in Cork which was excellent! Just don't expect a "retreat" in the countryside and you will be pleased. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a garden view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kokosandiego
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Guest kokosandiego,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and indeed for taking the time to write your fantastic review.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and that you were so pleased with our hotel. I am absolutely delighted to know that we managed to make such a wonderful impression, and that you were so pleased with your guest room. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

Thank you also for your fantastic praise of our staff and service. It means a great deal to us all, and to myself especially, to know that you would recommend us so highly. I am sure the team will all be thrilled to know that they have helped make your stay so memorable.

I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Hayfield Manor on Sunday Night. Even tho the weather didn't oblige everything else was just perfect. We ate our lunch at a lovely table outside and had our evening meal in the Bistro. The food was top notch. The room was lovely and the bed extremely comfortable. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. The spa and Leisure Centre is one of the best I have ever been in .We also had some treatments which were fabulous. The one complaint I would have is the price of the wine. A tad over the top. All in All we had a most relaxing 2 days and I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rose C

Dear Guest Rose C,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you and your friend both enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with your guest room, and that you enjoyed two nights’ comfortable sleep.

Thank you also for your very kind praise of our leisure facilities and our cuisine. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your treatments and your meals, however I am sorry to hear that you found our wine list too expensive. I would like to assure you that your helpful comments are most welcome, and I have forwarded them to our sommelier to review.

I am exceedingly grateful to you for your marvellous comments on our staff. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they surpassed your expectations. Thank you once again.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel has a really nice and relaxing feel to it. The property both inside and out is immaculately kept. The staff were very good, plenty of them and very attentive service. Ate in the Perrotts and the food was lovely, breakfast was slightly disappointing for five star. Overall would say the hotel property isn't 5 star by international standards but the staff absolutely make up for that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank accs41

Dear Guest accs41,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback, and I hope that you and enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. I am very glad to know that you found them to be so attentive, and I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they made such a marvellous impression.

I am sorry however to hear that you were not very pleased by our breakfast. I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. I am also disappointed to hear that you felt that Hayfield Manor wasn't quite 5 star. As your review regrettably does not give an indication for the reasons you felt so, I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss it in greater detail.