“A Very Nice Hotel In Cork”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Very Nice Hotel In Cork”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hayfield Manor Hotel for one night in early July. We used a GPS and got there without a problem as it is located in a residential area. When we arrived, a lost guest was on the phone with the staff who worked hard to figure out the best way for them got to the hotel.

The room was nice, but not fancy with a comfortable bed. We did have a nice view of Cork City from our window.

We had a very nice meal at Perrotts Garden Bistro. The lamb I had was excellent and my wife had a great sea bass. The mango and lime sorbets were quite good and the green apple sorbet interesting. The affogato did not come off as well as the espresso was too thin and quickly melted the ice cream. A ristretto would have made it better. Service was very attentive.

Breakfast the next morning was in the Orchids Restaurant. The setting was very pleasant and relaxing. The cold smoked salmon was the best had in Ireland and melted in your mouth! This was at the end of a 10 day trip where we had smoked salmon at least once a day. The mimosas were a nice touch too and the best coffee of the trip.

Clearly you pay for it here, but they do a very good job of delivering a restful and pleasant stay commensurate with cost. We had paid as much for another hotel in Westport and they don't even compare, the Hayfield Manor is far superior.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A2travler
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest A2travler,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us last July, and thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our service and about our cuisine in particular. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meals in both Perrotts Garden Bistro and Orchids Restaurant, and I have forwarded your feedback to our chef.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with our service. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am. It means a great deal to me to know that you would rate us so highly.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We spent 10 days in Ireleand, staying at many fine properties. This was the best. Wonderful service, beautiful accomodations and an exceptional breakfast made our stay particularly memorable. Some might quibble with the location, which is some distance from the center of town, but walkable. The trade off, though, is that the hotel has extensive grounds and, being off the main road, is quiet. Though not inexpensive, the hotel was worth the rate that we paid.

1 Thank MaJaLoe
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest MaJaLoe,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback in relation to our service. I am thrilled with your very kind comments regarding our cuisine, our grounds and our guest rooms.

I am delighted to know that you would rate our hotel as the best of those you visited during your trip. I will be certain to forward on your kind comments to our whole team. I am sure that they will be delighted to know that you enjoyed a wonderful time with us.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have just returned from 4 nights at Hayfield Manor which is my favourite hotel in which to stay and to which I return as often as I can. I recently stayed at the George V in Paris and the Hotel de Russie in Rome, the gift of a kind friend, and I can honestly say that I prefer Hayfield because of the personal warmth of the welcome, the lovely comfortable rooms and the fact that nothing is too much trouble for the staff despite the fact that they are very busy. I am looking forward to my next stay already.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike L
Dear Guest Mike L,

Thank you very much for your continued support of Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you think so highly of our hotel, and that you would prefer Hayfield Manor to such estimable hotels. Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our guest rooms, our welcome and our staff. It means a great deal to me and to the whole team to know that we continue to exceed your expectations.

We take a lot of pride in the high standard of our service, and it gives me great pleasure to know our efforts are appreciated. I will be certain to forward your comments to the team, and I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon.

Donaghadee, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

always a pleasure to stay here. They just do everything the right way. I always feel relaxed and taken care of from the moment i arrive. Breakfast is fantastic, the bar is a nice place to be, but it is the staff that make it. Well done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter C
Dear Guest Peter C,

Thank you very much for your continued support of Hayfield Manor, and thank you very much indeed for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely, and that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition, particularly from our return guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as delighted as I am. It means a great deal to me to know that you would recommend us to others.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautiful grounds, delightful entrance and fabulous rooms. The ambience is quiet grandeur but not over the top. All the staff I came across were friendly and very helpful staff. Room service and breakfast service highly ranked, definately worth a return visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mccutchh
Dear Guest mccutchh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hayfield Manor so thoroughly. I am very glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff and our cuisine. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future, hopefully for an extended visit.

County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Arranged private 5 course dinner for a group of 30 guests. Their events coordinator I dealt with was very helpful pre-event, with advice on wine list, food, musician.
On the night, staff were very welcoming at entrance, guiding guests per arrangements. Many commented how professional all staff were throughout.
Guests feedback was very good on all food, except some thought the duck wasn't quite what they were expecting. Personally I enjoyed all. Servings were large.
I would thoroughly recommend for your private or corporate event.

Room Tip: Just commenting on a dining experience, which was excellent.
1 Thank maribellisimo
Dear Guest maribellisimo,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to dine with us recently, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled with your fantastic comments on our service. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of all our staff, especially our Events Coordinator Michelle. I am delighted to know that she was able to assist you with your queries and in organising your meal.

It is immensely gratifying to know that we exceeded your expectations, and I am certain that our chefs especially are thrilled to know how much you and your group enjoyed your meal. Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated by the entire team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2013

WOW!! What an amazing experience! Myself and my new husband and our 1 year old daughter booked in here en route from west Cork back to Dublin to break up the trip and finish off our Family-moon in style. Everything was perfect, I could have stayed forever - the friendliness of the staff, the attention to detail in the rooms, the Ladies, by the pool, the food was incredible! I have been in the hospitality Industry for many years and am demanding in expectations but this exceeded every one - there was even a basket in the travel cot for our daughter with nappies, swim nappies, a mini dressing gown & a gorgeous blanket - quite unexpected and a really thoughtful touch! We requested a babysitter at the last minute and this was no problem at all and allowed us to have a truly delicious meal in the Bistro! I can't wait to visit again - a Big thank you to all the staff!

Room Tip: just ask the reservations team what you prefer when you are booking, from the level of service we re...
1 Thank LynneRachel
Dear Guest LynneRachel,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate part of your recent family-moon at Hayfield Manor, and thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you, your new husband and your baby daughter all enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff, our service, our facilities and cuisine. I am delighted to hear that you wished to stay longer!

I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with your room and the amenities for your daughter; it was our pleasure to be of service to you all. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am that you had such a memorable stay. It means a great deal to me to know that you would recommend us to others, and I would like to thank you again.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again, hopefully in the near future.