“We wish we had stayed longer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charleston,SC
“We wish we had stayed longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't say enough great things about hayfield. The staff was amazing, the room luxurious and the food was great. The ambience of the common areas. Made you want to linger. We just regret that w had to leave!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kepiblue
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest kepiblue,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and I would like to thank you also for choosing to stay with us recently.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay so thoroughly, and that you were so delighted with your room.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our cuisine. I am utterly delighted to hear such wonderful praise and to know that you would like to have stayed longer with us. I am very glad indeed to know that you found your stay so relaxing.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future and for an extended visit.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our first visit to this exquisite town house tucked next to UC Cork. The doorman was extremely helpful in giving us direction in terms of how to get around and head to our next destination, the informal dining was really good for dinner and the room was spacious. The only slightly negative is that the shower was very small, claustrophobic except for the fact that it is see-through. Small point

1 Thank Jumbo F
Dear Guest Jumbo F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at with us. I am very glad to hear that our concierge was able to assist you with directions, and I am also thrilled to know that you enjoyed your meal in Perrotts Garden Bistro.

Thank you also for your helpful feedback on the shower in your room. We are currently discussing ways in which to improve our overall standard, and I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board, and will be considered during the decision making process.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a country-style hotel near the centre of Cork, located very close to University College Cork. By far its best attribute is the quality of its ever-helpful staff. Perhaps its the general happy demeanour of the Irish, or perhaps there is something in the water of Cork, but they really outperform the tired look of the bricks and mortar. The hotel needs money spent on it - a lot of money - to bring it up to true five star quality. The main dinning room looks like something out of My Fat Greek Wedding - a proposterous looking Greek white-room that is completely out of place with the setting. The rooms are very large but, again, tired and in need of a good scrub. Ditto the bathrooms. I didn't eat in the hotel other than breakfast, which was fabulous. Amazing bacon and eggs, and a good spread in the buffet room - made having breakfast momentous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lewis C
Dear Guest Lewis C,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our staff in particular. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that they will be delighted with your comments, especially our chefs.

Thank you also for your helpful feedback regarding the décor of our hotel. I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken on board. We are currently looking into a number of ways of improving our overall service in each area of the hotel, including the accommodation and decor, and we earnestly hope that the changes we implement will result in greater overall guest satisfaction.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Two days and nights of comfort and pleasure - well-looked after - lots of staff who are really keen to look after you during your stay. It is pricey but you get what you pay for - except the coffee is far too expensive!

The desk and front of hourse staff are really helpful for everything you want or need and do it there and then.

Room Tip: Pick out the front view.
1 Thank BigDeclan
Dear Guest BigDeclan,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our staff. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that our front office staff will be especially thrilled.

I would also like to assure you that I have taken your comments regarding the price of our coffee on board, and I will be reviewing the pricing with our management team shortly.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a great nights stay here and will definitely be back. From check in we were greeted very warmly. A member of staff (Charline) showed us to our room and offered to babysit our kids while we had our dinner. The kids had a ball and our dinner in Perrots was excellent. The spa is very nice also. The place has a homely feel to it. And we will definitely return for a longer stay next time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DublinRossm
Dear Guest DublinRossm,

I was delighted to learn that your overall consensus on Hayfield is so positive and that you would highly recommend us. This was fantastic to read as were your comments pertaining to our staff, especially Charlene. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team and it is great to have their efforts acknowledged by our guests.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed the cuisine in Perrotts Bistro. I shall be certain to pass on your wonderful feedback to our whole team, as I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am to know that we exceeded your expectations.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hayfield manor after being given blue book vouchers as a wedding present. We had such a relaxing and pleasant time. The staff were lovely we had a beautiful room with extremley comfortable beds. The pool closes quite late so we were lucky enough to have it almost to ourselves. A beautiful meal in the bistro and most definately the best breakfast i have ever had at a hotel. So close to town we walked in within 15 minutes. would highly recommend it feels like you are at a country retreat with the city on your doorstep.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Traveller100Dublin
Dear Guest Traveller100Dublin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor in March.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that your room was very comfortable, and that you enjoyed our leisure facilities. I am especially thrilled that we surpassed your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our cuisine and our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly your meal in Perrotts Garden Bistro and our breakfast selection.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hayfield was our second night on our trip. It is rather hard to find even with GPS, it's in the middle of a neighborhood so look at a map before heading out.

Very nice staff, especially the doorman who was extra helpful with places to see in Cork. We were given an upgraded room, a very nice surprise. The room is a nice size but not huge, the bathroom is larger than average with double sinks. Very nice bathtub and separate shower but no shower cap. Also, the worst kind of hairdryer a hotel can have, it's the one connected to the wall like a vacuum cleaner hose.

Airconditioning is a nice to have. The bedding was a little out of date but does match the room decor. Very nice large comfortable bed and the golf putt set in the room is fun.

The grounds are small but very well used and quite nice with birds and bunnies.

The breakfast buffet was amazing, fantastic cereal spread.

1 Thank aWendybird
Dear Guest aWendybird,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback on our accommodations. I am delighted that you were pleased with your room and bathroom. I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep during your stay.

I would also like to thank you very much for your kind praise of our breakfast selection and of our staff, our concierge in particular. I am sure that our whole team will be as delighted as I am with your kind comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.