“gorgeous pool and most Amazing breakfast”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hayfield manor after being given blue book vouchers as a wedding present. We had such a relaxing and pleasant time. The staff were lovely we had a beautiful room with extremley comfortable beds. The pool closes quite late so we were lucky enough to have it almost to ourselves. A beautiful meal in the bistro and most definately the best breakfast i have ever had at a hotel. So close to town we walked in within 15 minutes. would highly recommend it feels like you are at a country retreat with the city on your doorstep.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Traveller100Dublin
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest Traveller100Dublin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor in March.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that your room was very comfortable, and that you enjoyed our leisure facilities. I am especially thrilled that we surpassed your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our cuisine and our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly your meal in Perrotts Garden Bistro and our breakfast selection.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,106)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hayfield was our second night on our trip. It is rather hard to find even with GPS, it's in the middle of a neighborhood so look at a map before heading out.

Very nice staff, especially the doorman who was extra helpful with places to see in Cork. We were given an upgraded room, a very nice surprise. The room is a nice size but not huge, the bathroom is larger than average with double sinks. Very nice bathtub and separate shower but no shower cap. Also, the worst kind of hairdryer a hotel can have, it's the one connected to the wall like a vacuum cleaner hose.

Airconditioning is a nice to have. The bedding was a little out of date but does match the room decor. Very nice large comfortable bed and the golf putt set in the room is fun.

The grounds are small but very well used and quite nice with birds and bunnies.

The breakfast buffet was amazing, fantastic cereal spread.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aWendybird

Dear Guest aWendybird,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback on our accommodations. I am delighted that you were pleased with your room and bathroom. I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep during your stay.

I would also like to thank you very much for your kind praise of our breakfast selection and of our staff, our concierge in particular. I am sure that our whole team will be as delighted as I am with your kind comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

From the moment we entered Hayfield Manor we were given such a warm welcome .We sadly only stayed one night, but availed of the Spa,hot top sauna and pool, had a wonderful back massage from Anne Marie.In the evening had a superbe meal in Orchids and the staff were so attentitive. We loved our stay and would highly recommend it. Peggy and Conor from Dublin

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy s

Dear Guests Peggy & Conor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of our restaurants and also our spa facilities. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to them.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in the Hayfield Manor for a weekend . This was our second time back in the space of four months. We received a fantastic welcome. We loved every minute of our stay. The breakfast most be the best in Ireland . Bart was a great help as were all the staff in the Hotel. From the Bar to the two restaurants we could not have had better service. It is really the place to go in Cork.
I am already planning my next trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a good position in the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ValerieDublinIreland
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest ValerieDublinIreland,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for your continued support of our restaurants.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read your review. We are very proud of the high level of service that we provide. We are also truly blessed to have such a wonderful team, and it is always very gratifying to receive such high praise. I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to whole team, especially Bart.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback regarding our restaurants and bar. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on 19 April. Without exception every member of staff was welcoming, helpful and professional. Nothing was too much trouble and it was impossible to find fault. We ate one night in Orchids and one night in Perrots Garden Bistro and both meals were of an exceptional standard and service attentive without being intrusive. Our room, 217, overlooked the gardens and was very spacious and comfortable and every small detail had been thought of - right down to a Golf Putter and Putting machine to practise with ! We used the Spa facilities, and Pool - both were excellent. We look forward to going back to such an exceptional Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank speedbird13

Dear Guest speedbird13,

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of our guest rooms, both of our restaurants and also our service. It gives me great pleasure to know that you would rate us so highly.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, particularly regarding our staff. It is very much appreciated. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield, and I am sure they will all be as thrilled with your fantastic comments as I was.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to Hayfield again in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hayfield Manor as a treat for my fiancé's birthday. Everything about the weekend was amazing. The room was immaculate and comfortable. Afternoon Tea was delicious and the staff were fantastic. The spa is warm and relaxing and the outdoor jacuzzi was clean and lovely and warm. Dinner at Orchids Restaurant was too notch and we enjoyed drinks in the bar while listening to an amazing live singer in the lobby.
Bart the concierge was delightful and extremely helpful. He couldn't do enough for us and had a fantastic manner.
The weekend was 10/10 and Hayfield Manor is the best hotel I've stayed at so far.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank FarrahD1

Dear Guest FarrahD1.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to celebrate your fiancé’s birthday at Hayfield Manor.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that your rooms and was very comfortable, thank you indeed for your kind comments. I am especially thrilled that we surpassed your expectations.

Thank you for your wonderful praise of our cuisine and our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly our Afternoon Tea and dinner in Orchids.

I am sure that Bart will be thrilled to know that he made such a fantastic impression, thank you again for your lovely comments.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Place is delish, food is light and quirky but you will pay. Also, the day I was there, there were too many kids running around. Parents, sit the kids down or bring them to a more child friendly hotel. Hayfield Manor is hardly kid's idea of fun!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rlisalewis

Dear Guest rlisalewis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you particularly enjoyed our cuisine. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am disappointed, however, to learn that you felt inconvenienced by the number of children that were in the hotel during your visit. I understand that it can be frustrating to see children running around, and therefore we encourage our guests to keep their children in check insofar as is possible, in order to minimise any disturbance to other guests. I would like to apologise sincerely for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your visit due to unchecked children.

I would like to clarify that Hayfield Manor is in fact a child friendly hotel, and we provide a number of entertainments for children, such as an aviary, rabbit hutch, games and DVDs, as well as little touches for such as milk and cookies at bedtime for our junior guests. We are a popular destination for families, and children are most welcome at our hotel at any time of year.

I would like to thank you again for your kind feedback, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.