“bar lunch full of flavour”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cork, Ireland
“bar lunch full of flavour”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

my husband and myself recently had lunch in the bar and found the food really good i had a steak sandwich and it was complemented with onion rings and fries and the steak was well done on a bed of onion relish .the roll it was in was lovely and fresh .my husband had a chicken dish , which was delicious.then we had baked cheescake dessert which was delicious .the waiting staff were very helpful and nice ,the menu had a good choice for lunch.ther was a lovely relaxed atmosphere.we left full and very happy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megane17
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest megane17,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Thank you very much for your kind compliments. I will be certain to pass them on to our team of chefs, as I am sure they will be delighted to know that their efforts have not gone unrecognised. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere and the choice on our menu, and I would like to thank you sincerely once again for your lovely comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Holland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here one night with my friend,and it was just perfect! What a lovely hotel!
Very charming, classy and cosy! The staff is obliging and very friendly.

We booked a special offer; including a spa treatment, 4 course dinner at Perrots Bistro and the full Irish breakfast and one night stay. A really good offer...

We were upgraded (with the tripadvisor voucher) to a beautiful gardenview room, very spacious!!

At Perrots Bistro, we were allowed to choose from the complete menu.
As our dinner was included in the package, we were not sure if we'd get a limited menu, but we only payed for the drinks and could choose any course. Excellent!!!

The spa and leisure facilities are all very relaxing, had the Full Body Hot Stone treatment!

The breakfast is absolutely delicious... what a choice, all freshly made and the scones are definitely the best I have ever tasted!! Do try them when you're there!!

I could write on and on about this lovely hotel and it's incredible atmosphere,... 5 stars indeed!!! It was just amazing and would reccommend it in a heartbeat!

Hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank WednesdayHolland
Dear Guest WednesdayHolland,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our accommodation, spa and service, and also for your kind praise of our restaurants. We take a lot of pride in the high standard of our service, and it always wonderful to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am.

I was particularly delighted to read that you would recommend us “in a heartbeat”. It means a lot to me personally to know that you think so highly of Hayfield Manor.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

London
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Old fashioned courtesy and friendliness abounds as soon as you step through the door and this is maintained throughout the hotel, at every level from chambermaid to hotel managers.
Our room was large, well appointed and had the most comfortable bed we had ever slept in! The bathroom had both shower and bath and double sinks, so plenty of room here also.
The dining experiences at Hayfield Manor are excellent, with a good range of breakfast options and two separate restaurants. We only dined in Perrotts Garden Bistro, which was very good, because the fine dining restaurant, Orchids, was closed on each of the three nights we were there. This was a disappointment to us and we were not aware of this closure when we booked. It might be worth checking the opening times of this restaurant, if you are hoping to include a fine dining experience in your stay.
This hotel is convenient for visiting the city of Cork but I would recommend hiring a car if you want to visit some of the amazing scenery and attractions that are just a short drive away.
We made good use of the indoor pool, outdoor hot tub and the comfy loungers in the spa - a great way to unwind and really relax in very pleasant surroundings.
Hayfield Manor is a very special place and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Most rooms look out over the gardens and the university beyond. Our room was on the third floor and...
1 Thank TravellingElves
Dear Guest TravellingElves,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Trip Advisor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay so thoroughly. I am delighted that you found our staff both courteous and friendly. I take great pride in the team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to all of our staff.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our cuisine and the facilities of the hotel. Our aim is to provide the best 5 star experience for our guests, and I do hope that we exceeded your expectations. Although I regret that Orchids Restaurant was unavailable during your visit, I am very glad that you enjoyed your meals in Perrotts Garden Bistro, and I hope that we will be able to accommodate you in Orchids on a future visit.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Absolutely fabulous stay at hayfield over Easter weekend. We loved for the following reasons;
It is 5 star and the customer is the most important person but without the fuss or being pretentious.
It is incredibly friendly without being fake.
Food is amazing and the breakfast is by far the best I've had.
The pool and spa are lovely.
Bedroom was a basic room ad it was so beautiful, very comfortable and hugely spacious bathroom.

Three areas I didn't like
-Towels in the bathroom were very coarse- surprising for a such a plush spot. Brown ones at the pool were lovely and soft.
- Surrounding area and location, bit clutterd and not as picturesque as you would imagine it should be.
-Feel the main bar is too open not a very 'snug' place to be

However, the overall experience was 5 star, friendly, well run, efficient, and homely.

Room Tip: We stayed over Easter weekend and I thingk kids under 12 were free so it was very busy with kids. As...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maggiem00
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest maggiem00,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us over Easter weekend.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise of our staff, cuisine and leisure facilities, as well as our accommodations. It is always an absolute delight to me to receive such wonderful praise of our hotel and team.

I would like to thank you also for your very helpful comments regarding our towels, location and bar. We are currently reviewing all aspects of the hotel to see where we can improve our service, and your feedback will be taken into account during the decision making process. Thank you once again.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I just want to return to Hayfield Manor, stay for longer and try out all their facilities. Our one night stay was like a cocoon from the outside world. Just as you think 'I wonder do they have ...' there it is right in front of you without having to ask. The service is perfect and unobtrusive. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and well equipped and the beds are very comfortable, The pool area is spotless and relaxing. The waiter told us we were in for a treat at breakfast and he was right. I loved the silver tea sets. And our fireside seats were the perfect location in the bar for fun and cocktails.

1 Thank Heidi93
Dear Guest Heidi93,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind praise of our service, and also of our pool and accommodations. We endeavour on a daily basis to provide the highest five star service possible, and it is always wonderful to learn that our guests’ expectations have been exceeded.

I shall be certain to pass on your wonderful praise to the entire team, as I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am with your review.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is quite simply impressive. I have never experienced the level of service that each and every member of the staff provide. The food is incredible, the spa fantastic and I would recommend you stop thinking about booking this hotel and just book it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 125 - great facilities and a fantastic night's sleep!
1 Thank DaveB186338
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest DaveB186338,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for your very positive feedback in relation to our service. I am thrilled with your very kind comments regarding our staff, cuisine and our spa.

I am particularly pleased to know that you would recommend us so highly. It is wonderful feedback such as this that provides a great boost of morale to the entire team, and for this I would like to thank you once again.

limerick
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with my elderly Mother and Aunt - it was a present to my Mother and my Aunt who don't get away very much. It really worked a treat - from the moment we arrived we were all treated so courteously and respectfully; the friendliness of the staff and the kindness of the concierge Michael were exceptional. The rooms were beautifully appointed, spacious , clean and relaxing with lovely comfortable furniture. Sleep quality was excellent mainly due to the very comfortable mattresses. We had dinner one night at Perrots Garden bistro and the quality was excellent. All in all it was a great success; My Mother and Aunt enjoyed the old world ambience and service and having afternoon tea served properly - by the way the coffee was very good, so thumbs up for Hayfield for breaking the national trend in this regard. We will be back.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms looking out onto back of university as these are close to service areas and can be a lit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank limerickjames
Dear Guest limerickjames,

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive, and that your mother and aunt also enjoyed their visit. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on all aspects of your stay.

I am very glad to learn that you all enjoyed a comfortable sleep each night and that you were pleased with your accommodation. We pride ourselves on the high standard of our service and cuisine, and I am very glad to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations, especially with regard to our coffee!

It would be my honour to welcome you, your mother and aunt back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.