“Luxury Break”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin
“Luxury Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a short break in Hayfield Manor Hotel and really enjoyed. It is relatively close to the centre and there is a good bus service (205) which goes to the city and also the train station. We dined in the Perrott Bistro and found the food to be excellent. My only complaint is that coming from Dublin I found the price of a pint of Guinness to be excessive. In conclusion a wonderful hotel, wonderful staff and highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a Superior room which was excellent.
1 Thank SouthsideEddie
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest SouthsideEddie,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that your overall consensus on Hayfield is so positive and that you would highly recommend us. This was fantastic to read as were your comments pertaining to our staff. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team and it is great to have their efforts and attitude recognised and acknowledged by our guests.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed the cuisine in Perrotts Bistro. I shall be certain to pass on you kind comments to our whole team. I would also like to assure you that I have taken your comments regarding our pricing on board. We are continuously looking at ways to improve our service and I do appreciate your feedback on this.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you want luxury in Cork then this hotel cannot be beaten. The luxury escape package is fantastic with a complimentary upgrade to a superior room. The welcome from the staff is wonderful and the room was exceptional. The food is of the highest quality and offers a great selection for the fine diner. Breakfast is the best I've enjoyed anywhere. For relaxation there is a lovely spa and I availed of a Swedish body massage which was so relaxing. For a top quality relaxing break I recommend the Hayfield Manor as one of the finest in Ireland.

Room Tip: The superior room is very large and comfortable.
1 Thank Clifford B
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest Clifford B,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

From beginning to end it was an absolute pleasure to read your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially your room, spa treatment and the cuisine. It is always a delight to know that our guests have enjoyed a relaxing break, and I do hope that Hayfield Manor felt like a home away from home for you during your stay.

I would like to thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff. I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to whole team. I am sure that our spa therapists and chefs especially will be thrilled to know that they have made such a positive impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch in the restaurant for my birthday recently, and really enjoyed it. I had a salmon starter, and hake main course. Both were presented beautifully and were delicious. The room for lunch is very relaxing with comfortable green leather furniture, and tiled black and while flooring, however the shiny tiled floors are a little slippy, especially for those in heels. Be careful.

The wine markup we felt was excessive.

Highly recommend for good food in pleasant surroundings.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pwurple
Dear Guest pwurple,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing Hayfield Manor to celebrate your birthday recently.

It was a pleasure to read through your wonderful review. I am utterly delighted to learn that you enjoyed your lunch with us, and I do hope that we managed to make it feel special for you.

Thank you for your very kind praise of our staff and our cuisine. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here, and I will be certain to pass on your kind words to them all. I’m sure our chefs will be particularly delighted.

I would also like to thank you for your helpful feedback regarding the tiles in the Bistro and the wine list. We are currently reviewing every aspect of the hotel to see where we can improve our standard, and I would like to assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration during the review process.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Cork gets it's fair share of rain, i should know as I went to college there for 4 years but this place is really great. It's the kind of hotel where you don't feel in the slightest bit guility in just mooching around, reading books and taking it easy. Fantastic breakfast range, great friendly staff and a stroll into the city and the nice grounds in UCC. Gym is smallish but perfectly fine for a run and the pool is a good size and very nice. Go for afternoon tea also in the library, well worth it. Overall a great stay, couldn't fault it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tenny500
Dear Guest tenny500,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I must say I am delighted to know that you enjoyed a leisurely stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments, I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed relaxing in the library and in the pool. I do hope that Hayfield Manor felt like a home away from home for you.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our breakfast and Afternoon Tea, which I shall be certain to forward to our team of chefs. I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful review.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I absolutely adore Cork city, and Hayfield Manor is the best place I've found to stay. Our room was on a floor that was being painted. we called down to ask if we could switch rooms, and they not only moved us, but upgraded our room! The location is great too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank galway_girl1031
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest galway_girl1031,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Hayfield, and in Cork city itself. I am very glad to hear that our front office team was able to facilitate you with a room upgrade, and I do hope that it was to your satisfaction.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Over the past few months,my wife and i have dined in the hayfield manor on many occasions from sunday lunch to evening meals on a friday night.

The food is top class and the service that goes with it is superb,one guy who tops our list as and Excellent Waiter is Daniel;we have encountered this lovely guy on many occasions serving our table and just being very friendly.In fact he remembers us everytime we come back.

He deserves a special mention for going over and beyond to make the experience even better.

For anyone who is in doubt on whether to eat or stay in the Hayfield Manor;i would just say book it and you will love it

Room Tip: Didnt stay this time but the food was excellent
1 Thank snuggycork
Dear Guest snuggycork,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for your continued support of our restaurants.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read your review. We are very proud of the high level of service that we provide. We are also truly blessed to have such a wonderful team, and it is always very gratifying to receive such high praise, and know that our endeavours are recognized.

I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to whole team. I am sure that Daniel will be especially thrilled to know that he has made such a positive impression. Your kind praise will provide a real boost of morale for our team, and for this I would like to thank you sincerely.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor very soon.

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and my husband recently visited our favourite "hide away" and were delighted with our time away as always...I think this was our 7th or 8th stay at Hayfield. We had booked a manor room, which we are always very happy with but received a lovely surprise when we checked in as had been given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room!
We made use of the pool and while my husband used the gym I treated myself to a spa treatment (I highly recommend the Elemis Light Legs treatment for those of you who are in the "family way": pure bliss)
We would usually eat in the excellent Orchids rstaurant however it was closed on our most recent stay as it was mid-week, Perrots Bistro also do fantastic food in a more relaxed environment. The bar is beautifully furnished and has a cosy gas fireplace, and the drinks menu is extensive.

The location of the hotel is beautiful, tucked behind the university in the midst of the city and yet it is so secluded you feel like you could be in a manor house in the country.

We look forward to returning to Hayfield in the not too distant future.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CarolineOHare
Dear Mrs O’Hare,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and I would like to thank you also for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay so thoroughly, and that you were so delighted with your room.

Thank you also for your kind praise of Perrotts Bistro and the Beautique Spa. I am utterly delighted to hear such wonderful praise and to know that you would recommend us so highly. I do hope that we were able to provide some nice relaxation for you as you await your new arrival, and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you both and wish you all the very best with your new family member.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the future, and baby too!