“The only place to stay in Cork!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I absolutely adore Cork city, and Hayfield Manor is the best place I've found to stay. Our room was on a floor that was being painted. we called down to ask if we could switch rooms, and they not only moved us, but upgraded our room! The location is great too!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank galway_girl1031
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest galway_girl1031,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Hayfield, and in Cork city itself. I am very glad to hear that our front office team was able to facilitate you with a room upgrade, and I do hope that it was to your satisfaction.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,177)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Over the past few months,my wife and i have dined in the hayfield manor on many occasions from sunday lunch to evening meals on a friday night.

The food is top class and the service that goes with it is superb,one guy who tops our list as and Excellent Waiter is Daniel;we have encountered this lovely guy on many occasions serving our table and just being very friendly.In fact he remembers us everytime we come back.

He deserves a special mention for going over and beyond to make the experience even better.

For anyone who is in doubt on whether to eat or stay in the Hayfield Manor;i would just say book it and you will love it

Room Tip: Didnt stay this time but the food was excellent
1  Thank snuggycork

Dear Guest snuggycork,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for your continued support of our restaurants.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read your review. We are very proud of the high level of service that we provide. We are also truly blessed to have such a wonderful team, and it is always very gratifying to receive such high praise, and know that our endeavours are recognized.

I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to whole team. I am sure that Daniel will be especially thrilled to know that he has made such a positive impression. Your kind praise will provide a real boost of morale for our team, and for this I would like to thank you sincerely.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor very soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and my husband recently visited our favourite "hide away" and were delighted with our time away as always...I think this was our 7th or 8th stay at Hayfield. We had booked a manor room, which we are always very happy with but received a lovely surprise when we checked in as had been given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room!
We made use of the pool and while my husband used the gym I treated myself to a spa treatment (I highly recommend the Elemis Light Legs treatment for those of you who are in the "family way": pure bliss)
We would usually eat in the excellent Orchids rstaurant however it was closed on our most recent stay as it was mid-week, Perrots Bistro also do fantastic food in a more relaxed environment. The bar is beautifully furnished and has a cosy gas fireplace, and the drinks menu is extensive.

The location of the hotel is beautiful, tucked behind the university in the midst of the city and yet it is so secluded you feel like you could be in a manor house in the country.

We look forward to returning to Hayfield in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank CarolineOHare

Dear Mrs O’Hare,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and I would like to thank you also for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

It gives me immense pleasure to know that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay so thoroughly, and that you were so delighted with your room.

Thank you also for your kind praise of Perrotts Bistro and the Beautique Spa. I am utterly delighted to hear such wonderful praise and to know that you would recommend us so highly. I do hope that we were able to provide some nice relaxation for you as you await your new arrival, and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you both and wish you all the very best with your new family member.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the future, and baby too!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

check-in was speedy and efficient. hotel ambiance and facilities were excellent (especially the live music in the lobby...entertaining but not intrusive). bedroom was spacious and comfortable. having stayed in many 5 star hotels...I would rate hayfield manor as above average when compared to other 5 star location. p.s. the concierge is delightful!

1  Thank Joan K

Dear Guest Joan K,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our staff. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that our concierges will be especially thrilled.

It is an absolute delight to know that you would rate our hotel so highly amongst other five star hotels. We strive every day to provide the best possible service, and it is very gratifying to know that our efforts are appreciated.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

What can I say that has not already been said about this amazing hotel?!! We stayed here recently and the attention that is paid to every little detail is incredible. From the moment you arrive to the time you depart, you are treated so well by all the staff you encounter. The concierge will ensure that you car is parked and that you are shown to your room, check-in was a pleasant experience - you are greeted with a smile and made to feel very welcome. Drinks in the bar are quite expensive as is the food. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and quite large. The breakfast the next morning was amongst one of the best I have had, from real tea (not tea bags)served in china pots to beautifully cooked food and an array of cold meats, fresh fruits, breads, cereals, pancakes, etc. The leisure centre is okay- includes an outside hot-tub. All-in-all it is a very good hotel and a nice treat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Groody

Dear Guest Groody,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and for taking the time to write your review.

It was a pleasure to read through your wonderful review. I am utterly delighted to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel during your stay, and I do hope that we managed to make it feel like a home away from home for you.

Thank you for your very kind praise of our staff and our cuisine. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here, and I will be certain to pass on your kind words to them all. I’m sure our chefs will be particularly delighted with your wonderful feedback on our breakfast.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

had lunch in this hotel during the week and felt that over a period of time (I use the hotel quite a bit ) it has become very expensive standards have just about struggled to stay the same but the price has soared to a point where i no longer see it as value for money

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raymond090

Dear Guest raymond090,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to dine with us recently and for taking the time to write your review. I am exceedingly grateful for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

We endeavour on every occasion to provide the best five star service possible, and therefore I was quite disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations on your most recent dining experience. We are currently in the process of reviewing all aspects of the hotel to identify where we can improve our standard, including our cuisine and pricing, and I would like to assure you that your helpful feedback will be included in the decision making process. We expect that the improvements that we are implementing will result in greater guest satisfaction overall,

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future, so that you may experience the full measure of our efforts.

Warmest Regards,

Ettienne Van Vrede

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent just one night at Hayfield Manor recently and it was such a fantastic hotel, I booked another weekend for my husband's birthday in June when I got home!

From the minute we arrived, we were treated like royalty thanks to the fantastic Bart who whisked our car away when parking was at a premium, had our bags inside before we even saw them and then settled us in reception. He's the best thing in a hotel that has an exceedingly large number of great things.

Every single request was met with an "yes, no problem madam" and a smile from every single member of staff. There wasn't a single employee who was less than lovely. Service, while formal, is friendly and warm.

We had booked a superior room but were upgraded to a deluxe which was a very welcome surprise. The room was big and comfortable and tastefully decorated in a style that befits such a building. We had views overlooking the garden.

We had our Do Not Disturb sign on our door when housekeeping was providing turndown but a note under the door advised us that we could have our room turned down by ringing reception. Our request to reception for turndown and additional towels was handled very promptly.

We had afternoon tea in the bar and dinner in Orchids. The food and service provided at both meals was excellent. Breakfast the next morning (a Sunday) was fresh and delicious and requests were handled quickly and with a smile.

My only regret is that we only stayed for one night. I'd very much like to try the food in the bar and also spend some time in the library but I'll have the opportunity to do that. I'm very much looking forward to a return to Hayfield Manor.

1  Thank HBurke
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest HBurke,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently to celebrate your husband's birthday. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, and for posting your very kind comments regarding our service and accommodation.

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with your room, and that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea and both dinner and breakfast in Orchids Restaurant. We take immense pride in the service which we offer and in each member of the team at Hayfield Manor. It is very gratifying to know that our efforts are recognized by our guests.

I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to the whole team, in particular Bart, who I know will be as pleased as I am to know how much you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again in June, and I hope that it will be even more enjoyable.