“Over Priced.”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a evening meal in the Conservatory Restaurant recently. The staff were very friendly but they tried too hard. We were asked on 4 different occasions if every thing was ok . A 5 star should be more discrete, The white wine was not chilled when brought to the table. The starters were good. The mains were fair with the veal over seasoned. The coffee was brought before desert and was expensive at 4.50. Over all a nice atmosphere and good staff but priced about 20 percent above what was produced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patrick M
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest Patrick M,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us recently in Perrott’s Garden Bistro. I also appreciate the time taken to furnish us with this feedback on your dining experience. I am disappointed that we did not succeed in creating a fully favourable impression on this occasion. I apologise if you felt the staff were overly enthusiastic in their engagement with your party. I have relayed your review to the bistro team and have requested that they communicate with each other so as not to disturb diners too frequently when enquiring about satisfaction levels and so on. They have also been made aware of the inconsistencies pertaining to the wine and coffee. I agree that these items should be perfectly chilled and served at the appropriate time respectively. These elements of service do feature in our training programme and shall be refreshed with all staff immediately.

Thank you again for bringing these aspects of your meal to my attention. Negative feedback, though difficult to read, is hugely beneficial to us in terms of encouraging constant improvement and enhanced attention to detail.

I do hope you shall consider returning to dine with us at some date in the future as we would appreciate an opportunity to showcase our Garden Bistro in a finer light.
Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hayfield Manor Hotel

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I are just home from a wonderful two night stay at the Hayfield Manor Hotel. We had a superb time celebrating our first wedding anniversary there last February, so decided to return for our second anniversary this year. Once again, the whole experience was perfect. The staff, service, ambiance, facilities, spa treatments and food were all truly amazing. The Hayfield Manor remains our favourite hotel in Ireland. We will definitely return for our third anniversary next year. We are looking forward to it already!!

1  Thank Starrynite1984
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Starrynite 1984,

I would like to begin by thanking you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor. Thank you also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about our hotel, facilities and our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here recently for 2 nights, overall great place to stay. 3 comments the breakfast orange juice was not freshly squeezed even though it said so on the menu, my maincourse of turbot in main restaurant was not hot enough, we were kept waiting about 45 minutes for our breakfast on the second day. Think chef did not recieve original order as others who came in after us got served before us. Thought pool area, steam room etc or is a little lacking. Reception in pool area not always manned as the girls seem to be busy doing treatmengts perhaps. Breakfast was superb. Staff real friendly and helpful. Would go back again.

Room Tip: ``Room with garden view would be nice
1  Thank Anne Marie K

Dear Guest Anne Marie K,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to learn that your overall consensus on Hayfield is so positive and that you consider us a great place to stay. This was fantastic to read as were your comments pertaining to our friendly staff. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated team and it is great to have their efforts and attitude recognised and acknowledged by our guests.
Naturally, I was disappointed to note that there were a few elements to your stay that did not exceed expectation or presented cause for concern. I would like to apologise for these discrepancies, including your lengthy wait for breakfast and the fact that your turbot was not hot enough. I agree that neither experience is acceptable and particularly not at the level of service to which we aspire.
I have also taken your comments regarding our pool area on board. We are currently investigating the possibility of refreshing certain elements of this area and we have recently made some small structural changes so as to facilitate ease of use for our guests. We are continuously looking at ways to improve this aspect of our offering and we do appreciate your feedback on this.
Anne-Marie, I was particularly pleased with your indication that you would come to Hayfield Manor again and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's been many years since my husband and I lived in our hometown of Cork. Our parents have passed on and our families have moved throughout the world. However, it is just lovely to come back to our native city and know that we will always feel welcome and at home in Hayfield Manor. We stayed there for one week in mid December and it was our third visit in the past few years. This is an absolutely wonderful experience of warmth, luxury and a staff that is one of the best in the business. Apart from the excellent accommodation and first class restaurants, the real beauty of Hayfield is the genuine care, attention and dedication to customer service. How nice to be welcomed back and remembered by the staff from check-in to enjoying a leisurely breakfast or having a delicious dinner. The location is wonderful and within a short walk of the city center or a leisurely stroll across to the peaceful grounds of Cork University. It's also a great location for day trips to many of the beautiful spots of county Cork. Thank you to Deirdre and all of the reception staff for the wonderful welcome and also to Karin who always offers a true Cead Mile Failte! We cannot forget John who is a wonderful host at the bar - where we had probably the best Irish Coffee ever! To the management staff of Hayfield Manor, please keep up the great work and, although we have to travel many thousands of miles to return, we truly look forward to being back again and again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PQ11

Dear PQ11,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor again during your visit to Cork.

We pride ourselves on our service and our traditional hospitality, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you once again for your lovely review.

It would give me great pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

As part of my mothers Christmas present I bought her a spa day for the two of us to Hayfield Manor. While the treatment was lovely and the girls working in the spa were very nice the facilities I found to be very poor. The pool is nice not amazing. The steam room and outdoor hot-tub are ok - I have seen nicer in some three star hotels. The relaxtion room is nothing special - its a small room with a fish tank. There is one toliet which didn't flush very well and one shower/changing room. Having gotten into the shower I found that there was no shower gel and the holder was broken off the wall. The hairdryer - if you could call it that is in the same room. The whole place looks like it needs to be freshened up, the linen basket in the room looks like something that needs to be cut up for fire wood. There was no place to plug in a hair straighner so I had to use one of the treatment rooms. Overall I feel its definately not 5 star or anywhere near it. We then deceided to have the afternoon as the reviews had been very good on here - I know now you must be thinking am I been a bit over critical. But my god it really is not worth the €50 they charge. It was nice and thats about as much as I can say on that matter. If you are looking for good valve then the afternoon tea for €25 in Fota is as good if not better. Its presented nicer and the serving dish and tea pots are in much better condition. Overall not impressed - definately can't see were the 5 star rating is.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cocobell_10

Dear Guest Cocobell_10,
Thank you very much for choosing to visit us earlier this year and for taking the time to furnish us with this feedback. While I am delighted that you organised a spa day as an element of your mother’s Christmas gift, I was very disappointed to learn that it did not live up to expectation. Your kind comments regarding the treatments themselves and our Spa team are much appreciated and I am glad that you enjoyed these aspects of the Beautique Spa. I would like to apologise that you found the facilities lacking. In the intervening time period since your visit, we have rectified a number of the issues highlighted including fixtures and hairdryers in the shower area. We are currently in the process of relocating and expanding some of the amenities in our spa and we are continuously working to create an area that is welcoming, relaxed and appropriately furnished.
I was also disappointed to read that your afternoon tea was not the amazing experience we would aspire to for all of our guests. As Afternoon Tea is invariably a treat or a special occasion for those who choose to partake, we do always strive to ensure that guests enjoy it as such and are suitably impressed by the service, ambience, food and the tea/coffee. I am sorry that we did not achieve this level of satisfaction on your visit.
Thank you again for this feedback. It isn’t always easy to accept that we have not succeeded in our mission to impress guests and exceed their expectations but all comments, positive and negative, are always welcome as they assist us in constantly striving to improve our performance and offering.
I do hope you will consider returning to Hayfield and afford us an opportunity to showcase our services and facilities in a more satisfactory light.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our experience at Hayfield manor, my only criticism was the hot tub/ outdoor jacuzzi was not very hot both times we used it. Other than that we found the rooms, food and overall service really great. The concierge was excellent and so helpful too!.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sinead M

Dear Sinead M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. I am delighted that Hayfield Manor made such a good impression on you and your husband. I would like to apologise for the temperature of the jacuzzi, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance team resolve the issue. I hope that this did not inconvenience your stay too much. I want to hank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent two nights over the weekend in hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The staff were always there ready to help, but were in no way obtrusive which I really value. We took a walk into the nearby town centre on the Friday night and enjoyed a great meal and atmosphere. On the following day we took a drive to Kinsale for lunch and then on to Cobh - fantastic country. Then returning to the hotel we took a spa treatment each, followed by a couple of hours or so of relaxing before a great meal in Bistro restaurant - small problem with our reservation, but the staff were extra accomodating and apologetic - we are all human and can make a mistake, it's how you compensate which marks the real quality and Hayfield has it in abundance. We had a real fantastic stay and would really love to get back for longer next time.

Room Tip: Book spa treatments and restaurant reservations in advance - especially the spa - we enquired a week...
1  Thank JonathanBell82

Dear JonathanBell82,

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about , our facilities, our cuisine and most importantly our staff. We pride ourselves on our staff at Hayfield Manor. It is wonderful to see that their calibre shines through.