“Spa & Afternoon Tea”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cork, Ireland
“Spa & Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As part of my mothers Christmas present I bought her a spa day for the two of us to Hayfield Manor. While the treatment was lovely and the girls working in the spa were very nice the facilities I found to be very poor. The pool is nice not amazing. The steam room and outdoor hot-tub are ok - I have seen nicer in some three star hotels. The relaxtion room is nothing special - its a small room with a fish tank. There is one toliet which didn't flush very well and one shower/changing room. Having gotten into the shower I found that there was no shower gel and the holder was broken off the wall. The hairdryer - if you could call it that is in the same room. The whole place looks like it needs to be freshened up, the linen basket in the room looks like something that needs to be cut up for fire wood. There was no place to plug in a hair straighner so I had to use one of the treatment rooms. Overall I feel its definately not 5 star or anywhere near it. We then deceided to have the afternoon as the reviews had been very good on here - I know now you must be thinking am I been a bit over critical. But my god it really is not worth the €50 they charge. It was nice and thats about as much as I can say on that matter. If you are looking for good valve then the afternoon tea for €25 in Fota is as good if not better. Its presented nicer and the serving dish and tea pots are in much better condition. Overall not impressed - definately can't see were the 5 star rating is.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cocobell_10
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest Cocobell_10,
Thank you very much for choosing to visit us earlier this year and for taking the time to furnish us with this feedback. While I am delighted that you organised a spa day as an element of your mother’s Christmas gift, I was very disappointed to learn that it did not live up to expectation. Your kind comments regarding the treatments themselves and our Spa team are much appreciated and I am glad that you enjoyed these aspects of the Beautique Spa. I would like to apologise that you found the facilities lacking. In the intervening time period since your visit, we have rectified a number of the issues highlighted including fixtures and hairdryers in the shower area. We are currently in the process of relocating and expanding some of the amenities in our spa and we are continuously working to create an area that is welcoming, relaxed and appropriately furnished.
I was also disappointed to read that your afternoon tea was not the amazing experience we would aspire to for all of our guests. As Afternoon Tea is invariably a treat or a special occasion for those who choose to partake, we do always strive to ensure that guests enjoy it as such and are suitably impressed by the service, ambience, food and the tea/coffee. I am sorry that we did not achieve this level of satisfaction on your visit.
Thank you again for this feedback. It isn’t always easy to accept that we have not succeeded in our mission to impress guests and exceed their expectations but all comments, positive and negative, are always welcome as they assist us in constantly striving to improve our performance and offering.
I do hope you will consider returning to Hayfield and afford us an opportunity to showcase our services and facilities in a more satisfactory light.
Warm Regards,

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our experience at Hayfield manor, my only criticism was the hot tub/ outdoor jacuzzi was not very hot both times we used it. Other than that we found the rooms, food and overall service really great. The concierge was excellent and so helpful too!.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sinead M
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sinead M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. I am delighted that Hayfield Manor made such a good impression on you and your husband. I would like to apologise for the temperature of the jacuzzi, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance team resolve the issue. I hope that this did not inconvenience your stay too much. I want to hank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent two nights over the weekend in hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The staff were always there ready to help, but were in no way obtrusive which I really value. We took a walk into the nearby town centre on the Friday night and enjoyed a great meal and atmosphere. On the following day we took a drive to Kinsale for lunch and then on to Cobh - fantastic country. Then returning to the hotel we took a spa treatment each, followed by a couple of hours or so of relaxing before a great meal in Bistro restaurant - small problem with our reservation, but the staff were extra accomodating and apologetic - we are all human and can make a mistake, it's how you compensate which marks the real quality and Hayfield has it in abundance. We had a real fantastic stay and would really love to get back for longer next time.

Room Tip: Book spa treatments and restaurant reservations in advance - especially the spa - we enquired a week...
1 Thank JonathanBell82
Dear JonathanBell82,

I would like to begin by thanking you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor. Thank you also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about , our facilities, our cuisine and most importantly our staff. We pride ourselves on our staff at Hayfield Manor. It is wonderful to see that their calibre shines through.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

cork
Reviewed February 8, 2013

had a fab overnight stay recently, upgraded to a deluxe room...218, loved every min, had a beautiful dinner in orchids, breakfast 5 star all the way, omlette amazing,
love the bar, some great offers available,
keep up the good work, will be back,

Room Tip: room overlooking the garden a must for quietness, beds are so comfy
1 Thank germul
Dear germul,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Cork.

Thank you very much for the review you posted. It is lovely to read such nice experiences. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing Hayfield Manor. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ettienne van Vrede
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 2 days at this amazing hotel, amidst my travels throughout all of southern Ireland. This was by far the best hotel that I stayed at in all of Ireland, and I recommend it to everyone without hesitation!! It is pure luxury, yet warm and welcoming! It was perfect in every aspect, from aesthetics of the actual hotel, the grounds, the lobby, the staff, the pool, the bar, and the rooms. All of the staff is expert with regards to hospitality and they pay attention to every little detail! We were welcomed by Bart, who provided amazing advice on where to go and what to do. He spent an hour with us just chatting. Leo at reception, Juliette at the bar, and many others whose names I sadly forget were all wonderful! The breakfast was fantastic!!! What impressed me the most, was the woman in charge of the lost and found...Aoife. I had forgotten items at this hotel, and she organized everything for me to make sure I got the items back during my travels in Ireland. Without Aoife, I would never have been able to get my items back. She was accessible and really cared about me. I have NEVER experienced such hospitality and work ethic. Aoife is to be commended and recognized for her amazing work at the Hayfield Manor!! If and when I return to Ireland, I will 100% stay at the Hayfield Manor again and I recommend it to all!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather G
Dear Heather G,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Ireland.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about our hotel. I particular like your remark with ref to our hard working staff. I will be sure to forward your kind words to all, in particular Bart, Leo, Julietta and Aoife.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A very pleasant short stay from the moment we arrived until we departed. Staff were friendly, attentive and had a very relaxed manner. The room was very comfortable, dinner was excellent, as was breakfast, as was the afternoon snack.... as the title says, relax and enjoy. We didn't use the leisure facilities so can't comment on them. I would definitely consider staying again.

1 Thank MorleyF
Dear MorleyF,

Thank you very much for the review you posted. It is lovely to read such nice experiences. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing Hayfield Manor. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times. Its luxury in a city location. Definately you won't regret it. AFter a long journey the hotel is so warm and luxuriant, it feels a home away from home. I travel with work a lot and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fionna F
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Fionna F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor again.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. I am delighted that Hayfield Manor makes such a good impression on you.