“Hayfield Manor”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our experience at Hayfield manor, my only criticism was the hot tub/ outdoor jacuzzi was not very hot both times we used it. Other than that we found the rooms, food and overall service really great. The concierge was excellent and so helpful too!.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sinead M
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sinead M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. I am delighted that Hayfield Manor made such a good impression on you and your husband. I would like to apologise for the temperature of the jacuzzi, I can assure you that I have had our maintenance team resolve the issue. I hope that this did not inconvenience your stay too much. I want to hank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,149)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We spent two nights over the weekend in hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The staff were always there ready to help, but were in no way obtrusive which I really value. We took a walk into the nearby town centre on the Friday night and enjoyed a great meal and atmosphere. On the following day we took a drive to Kinsale for lunch and then on to Cobh - fantastic country. Then returning to the hotel we took a spa treatment each, followed by a couple of hours or so of relaxing before a great meal in Bistro restaurant - small problem with our reservation, but the staff were extra accomodating and apologetic - we are all human and can make a mistake, it's how you compensate which marks the real quality and Hayfield has it in abundance. We had a real fantastic stay and would really love to get back for longer next time.

Room Tip: Book spa treatments and restaurant reservations in advance - especially the spa - we enquired a week...
1  Thank JonathanBell82

Dear JonathanBell82,

I would like to begin by thanking you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor. Thank you also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about , our facilities, our cuisine and most importantly our staff. We pride ourselves on our staff at Hayfield Manor. It is wonderful to see that their calibre shines through.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

had a fab overnight stay recently, upgraded to a deluxe room...218, loved every min, had a beautiful dinner in orchids, breakfast 5 star all the way, omlette amazing,
love the bar, some great offers available,
keep up the good work, will be back,

Room Tip: room overlooking the garden a must for quietness, beds are so comfy
1  Thank germul

Dear germul,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Cork.

Thank you very much for the review you posted. It is lovely to read such nice experiences. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing Hayfield Manor. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ettienne van Vrede

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 2 days at this amazing hotel, amidst my travels throughout all of southern Ireland. This was by far the best hotel that I stayed at in all of Ireland, and I recommend it to everyone without hesitation!! It is pure luxury, yet warm and welcoming! It was perfect in every aspect, from aesthetics of the actual hotel, the grounds, the lobby, the staff, the pool, the bar, and the rooms. All of the staff is expert with regards to hospitality and they pay attention to every little detail! We were welcomed by Bart, who provided amazing advice on where to go and what to do. He spent an hour with us just chatting. Leo at reception, Juliette at the bar, and many others whose names I sadly forget were all wonderful! The breakfast was fantastic!!! What impressed me the most, was the woman in charge of the lost and found...Aoife. I had forgotten items at this hotel, and she organized everything for me to make sure I got the items back during my travels in Ireland. Without Aoife, I would never have been able to get my items back. She was accessible and really cared about me. I have NEVER experienced such hospitality and work ethic. Aoife is to be commended and recognized for her amazing work at the Hayfield Manor!! If and when I return to Ireland, I will 100% stay at the Hayfield Manor again and I recommend it to all!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather G

Dear Heather G,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write your review and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Ireland.

I was delighted to read through your review, thank you very much for your kind and positive words about our hotel. I particular like your remark with ref to our hard working staff. I will be sure to forward your kind words to all, in particular Bart, Leo, Julietta and Aoife.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

A very pleasant short stay from the moment we arrived until we departed. Staff were friendly, attentive and had a very relaxed manner. The room was very comfortable, dinner was excellent, as was breakfast, as was the afternoon snack.... as the title says, relax and enjoy. We didn't use the leisure facilities so can't comment on them. I would definitely consider staying again.

1  Thank MorleyF

Dear MorleyF,

Thank you very much for the review you posted. It is lovely to read such nice experiences. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing Hayfield Manor. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times. Its luxury in a city location. Definately you won't regret it. AFter a long journey the hotel is so warm and luxuriant, it feels a home away from home. I travel with work a lot and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fionna F
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Fionna F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor again.

Thank you also for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. I am delighted that Hayfield Manor makes such a good impression on you.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have just come back from a wonderful weekend away at Hayfield Manor for our wedding anniversary. We didn't have far to travel which made it even better.
It exceeded our expectations and if you're looking for a special getaway this is definitely it. I have never stayed somewhere before where all the staff bent over backwards to help you and you never had to wait for more than a minute to be tended to - everybody was so friendly too. The food in Orchids for dinner was fabulous and the breakfast was exceptional.

One tiny thing that surprised me, because of the standard of everything else in the hotel, was the spa didn't seem to have a first aid kit or somebody at the reception desk all the time. My husband cut his finger (through his own stupidity may I add - nothing to do with the hotel facilities) while we were down at the pool and we couldn't get a plaster from anybody down there. All was fine though as they had them in the main reception upstairs within seconds.

By far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and would certainly go back!!

1  Thank AnonymousKerry

Dear AnonymousKerry,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently and thank you also for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our facilities. Thank you also for such kind comments on our service.

It would be my honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.