“Lets stay longer”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Having to visit Cork for an overnight we had the chance to stay at the Hayfield which we knew of and had eaten at before.As we had a voucher cost was not a factor. We were not disappointed. The Christmas feel was in evidence when we arrived to check in and the hotel was beautifully decorated. We were in a room in the main part of the hotel above reception. The room had that comfortable warm solid feel but had all mod cons and included a putting machine! The piano being played in reception could ne heard tinkling away but did not interfere with a long and pleasant sleep in a very comfortable bed. We were out for the evening so did not have dinner at the hotel. If breakfast is a guide though dinner will need to be taken the next time we visit as it was exceptional. Really good range of juices,breads,meats,pastries. Bucks fizz that you made yourself and the best eggs benedict I have had in Ireland. I could happily plan to visit the Hayfield Manor again and will be tracking for offers over the next year.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank daithm
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear daithm,

To begin I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor. I would also like to compliment you and thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review.

It was a pleasure to read what an enjoyable stay you had with us. I was also delighted that every aspect of the hotel met and exceeded your expectations. We at Hayfield pride ourselves on providing our guests with the finest service and facilities, and I am thrilled you enjoyed these.

We will always take the opportunity to be of service, and we would be honoured to welcome you back through our doors in the not too distant future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,100)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at Hayfield Manor for Christmas and New Year and if money were no object we would do the same every year! From the wonderfully warm welcome and the mulled wine and mince pies offered while checking in, to the beautiful decorations and glowing log fires, the atmosphere here on Christmas Eve was like that at a grand country house party with the added benefit of highly professional service. The staff at this hotel are exceptional, warm and charming but also very efficient.

In addition to the cosy bar the hotel has some lovely corners where one can sit with a drink, and the restaurants are excellent. It has to be noted that the restaurants are very popular and booking is highly advisable. The rooms are traditional and very comfortable with lovely bathrooms. The indoor pool and spa area is very attractive and once again the staff working here are superb.

Hayfield Manor is not in the centre of Cork, but it is only a fifteen minute walk and there did not seem to be any lack of taxis. The advantage of not being in the very centre means that there is easy parking and a pretty garden.

This is not a cheap hotel but places of this high standard cost far more in most other cities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargotParis

Dear MargotParis,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield manor, and for your wonderful review about our hotel.

I was delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and your review was a pleasure to read from beginning to end. Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our staff and for supporting out restaurants. It was our pleasure to make the holidays so enjoyable for you.

We hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were delighted with our stay at Hayfield Manor in early November and very much wished it could have been for more than one night. Very professional staff who were sincere in their kindness to us. Beautiful bedroom, delicious evening dinner and fantastic breakfast. We are looking forward to returning again and staying longer next time. Don't pass this hotel by, don't even deliberate on it, just book!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BredaHon

Dear BredaHon,

May I begin by thanking you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and indeed for taking the time to write your kind review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay, I would also like to thank you for your very kind comments about our staff, which I will pass on to them.

We do hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hayfield Manor has a reputation for excellent service, so I sometimes call in for coffee or lunch. Last time I called in I arrived later than my friends who had already been served their tea and scones. I ordered coffee and a scone. The coffee arrived in a lovely silver pot (which could have done with a polish) and the scone was served on a small dish. No knife. No serviette. The scone had been microwaved which ruined the texture, and I hadn't been asked whether I wanted it warm or cold.
The hotel was very busy at the time, New Years Day, however this shouldn't impact on the guests, in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Magscork,

Thank you very much for your loyal custom and for taking the time to furnish us with such pertinent feedback. I was delighted to read that you frequent the hotel for coffee and lunch on occasion and I hope that you will continue to do so in spite of your most recent experience. I was disappointed to note that on this occasion, we did not live up to the excellent service which you so graciously refer to in your review.
I have consulted with all involved and have reiterated the importance of providing food, beverages and service in a manner that is consistent with our mission here at Hayfield - to exceed expectation at all times. I apologise that you did not receive a plate or a linen napkin to accompany your scone as is our service protocol. We do not generally enquire as to the temperature of this item as our pastry chefs serve them straight from the oven but I shall pass this point onto to our Executive Chef and perhaps we can investigate the possibility of doing so going forward.
We were indeed very busy on the day in question but you are correct in ascertaining that this should not impact the service received. Regardless of how busy we are, we would always hope to provide guests with an enjoyable and memorable experience while at Hayfield.

I hope that you will afford us an opportunity to redress this recent negative impression and that you shall return to us in the near future.

Wishing you a very happy new year.
Warm Regards,

Ettienne

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Back here again for the December Wine Society event and it didnt disappoint!!! The setting was Orchids restaurant and the exceptional menu included delicious canapes with a lovely prosecco, a wonderful chicken and leek tartlet served with a paired muscadet, beutiful pan-fried hake with a sancerre, wild pigeon breast accompanied by a cote de rhone (I think!!) and an absolutey delicious seared sirloin of beef that was mouth watering all followed by really delcious dessert and petit-fours with a lovely desert wine. What a night of decedance!! Superb val;ue for money and delivered with that infamous Hayfile touch of class. Well done to Etienne and team and of course the wine suppliers.. Erne Wines represtented by Donie O'Brien and Richard McMahon..

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NCCC

Dear NCCC,

First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for dining with us at Hayfield manor, and thank you for taking the time to write your pleasent review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our Wine Society event.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service, and hope to welcome you back through our doors again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Like other revierwers, it had that lovely Christmas atmosphere, including the tree in the bedroom. Staff are so professional but in a warm and welcoming way. Nothing was a problem - left an iphone behind in a shop in town and the hotel organised a taxi to pick it up and deliver it to the hotel - saved having to go back in during rush-hour traffic.
Dined in the restaurant on one evening - the food was excellent with super service.
We intend going back shortly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank John O

Dear John O,

Thank you for taking the time out to post this your very kind comment regarding the quality of our dining. We do strive to make absolutely everybody happy and to enjoy the genuine old charm that Hayfield Manor has to offer.

We are delighted to hear that you had a lovely experience here with us and we will be absolutely delighted to welcome you through our doors again in what is hopefully the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

No better way to welcome a New Year than with a little bit of indulgence. The Hayfield Manor Hotel is a real gem situated near University College Cork and 10 minutes walk from the city centre. We arrived at approx 6.30pm and the efficiency of check in, friendliness of the receptionist and bell boy were just the start of a fantastic stay. Dinner at 8.30pm was again precision like with efficient and friendly waiting staff. Dinner menu was a foodies delight.
New Year is the only time they 'let the hair down' with a band and dance floor set up in the lobby area where guests at both the black tie event and restaurant diners greeted the New Year with Champagne and Strawberries served from the bar.
Breakfast is also a treat. The layout and presentation of the food choices on offer matched the quality of the food served. Considering the lateness of the guests arriving for breakfast there were no delays. During our stay we also sampled the bar menu and availed of room service, none of which disappointed on service, food quality or presentation.
We did not use the spa or pool area but did take a look into these areas and all were so clean warm and inviting. Indeed the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel was exceptional. And also the presentation and grooming of staff is to be noted.
Overall the hotel deserves all the awards and favourable reviews. I could not fault any aspect of the hotel. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Any room will do!