“Cork's hidden Gem”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at Hayfield Manor as part of a weekend break in Cork with a friend. From the moment we arrived the level of service and warmth of greeting was exemplary. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled extensively and stayed in many excellent hotels around the world but the Hayfield Manor could teach the best of them a thing or two about service. Attentive without being intrusive and where nothing was too much trouble, smiling, friendly, and prestinely turned-out staff saw to our every need.

The room was beautifully and stylishly furnished with everything you would need for a comfortable stay. The bathroom however let it down a little, the sealant around the bath being discoloured and in need of some attention, and the bath taps a little tempramental.

The breakfast was very good, well presented, attentively served, and with an excellent selection of Items. The Irish cooked Breakfast however was a little weak, the sausages being very small indeed and accompanied by a surfeit of sautéed potatoes that looked a little out of place on the plate, though possibly this is more an issue of personal taste (my preference being potato bread/hash browns as an accompaniment). The Eggs Benedict however were the best I've yet tasted, just perfection.

We also used the hotels wonderful leisure facilities, the pool, steam room and Jacuzzi all being of the highest standard easily accessed and scrupulously maintained.

All in all we had a wonderful stay. The Hayfield Manor is arguably one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Ireland. In the tradition of the great family-run grand Irish hotels of the past but even better. I would have no hesitation recommending it, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MarkBlackburne
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Mr Blackburne,
I would like to thank you very much for the great review you took the time to post. I was delighted to read your kind comments in relation to our service, our staff and our amenities.

Your feedback regarding breakfast and the bathroom has been passed on to the relevant departments and we shall certainly address these forthwith.

Your final note referencing great family run hotels is especially appreciated as we do endeavour to retain a good sense of family and to make Hayfield feel like home to all of our guests.

I am delighted that you plan on returning and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Ettienne Van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,104)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed here on quite a few occasions and always come back when we have the opportunity. The standard of service is always very good but in particular it is the atmosphere and the way people look after you that make it stand out. In particular Bart the concierge is an absolute treasure and makes all welcome and feel at home. The rooms are very well finished and I've noticed that over the years they have continued to upgrade any rooms that are starting to look tiered. Nothing is too much for the staff to do for you.

We have come down also around Christmas and the hotel is really super decked out for the Christmas season.

The two restaurants - one casual and the other formal are excellent with very good choices. They often do deals including dinner and these are very good value especially if you are staying for more then one night.

Breakfasts are excellent with a full Irish that is very hard to find its better. All locally sourced products make this most enjoyable experience.

Well located within 15 mins walk of the city centre its the best hotel in Cork by a significant distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank B_Dublin
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest B_Dublin,

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review, and for choosing to return to Hayfield Manor.

It was an absolute pleasure to read your review. I am thrilled that you had such a great recent stay with us. Thank you for the great comments and positive feedback on all areas of the hotel. I will ensure to pass them on to the whole team. We are very fortunate to have some of the best and most loyal customers out there and again I thank you for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

We look forward to welcoming you back through our doors, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Hayfield Manor for 3 nights in August. Quite expensive but we wanted a treat for last few nights of our Irish holiday. Service was excellent throughout - friendly, professional and helpful staff. Good to see the General Manager serving at breakfast - very "hands on". Nice smallish pool and steam room and outside jacuzzi. Lovely relaxing reception area and the young musicians playing there on Saturday night were great. Breakfast was good and we ate twice in the Bistro restaurant. First meal was very good - second was disappointing, with thick under cooked batter on our fish and chips. We complained and were not charged. Our bedroom was large, comfortable, nicely decorated and clean but was rather dark - 1 small window overlooking the garden. Hotel is a 20 minute walk from the town centre. Nice touch - I liked the jogging station in the hotel entrance with water and towels ready for my return from my morning jog.

1  Thank Sparky0191

Dear Guest Sparky0191,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to write your kind review.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and praise of the hotel, it is very much appreciated. With regard to your dining experience with us I would like to sincerely apologise that we did not meet your expectations on the second night of your stay. This is not the usual high standard of Hayfield Manor, and I am very disappointed to hear this. I do hope that this did not inconvenience your stay and you can rest assured that I have taken your comments very seriously and will be looking into this with our team.

I always like to hear from customers as it gives me a clearer idea of where we are and more importantly where we need to improve to get to the highest possible level.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay here every time I come to cork (which is up to 7 times a year)
Each time is better than the next just brilliantly run great reception staff great staff overall.
Excellent rooms and excellent food.
Need i say more

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest Louise S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, and particularly about our staff. I am thrilled that you enjoy your frequent stays with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor once again very soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at Hayfield Manor, Cork, Ireland on several occasions in recent years. At a time when we all crave instant gratification, Hayfield Manor embraces you into more relaxed state of mind as soon as you enter the foyer.
Whether you wish to quietly read your newspaper in the library, dine in one of the luxurious restaurants (with properly-trained staff - ye gods!), or practice your golf putting (putter supplied) on the deep pile of the carpet in your extensive bedroom, you have the constsnt feeling that you are being subconsciously pampered.
From the concierge to the manager, all staff have an honest commitment to the guest and all needs are tended to without any fuss. If ever you need an escape from your everyday pressures, you need to have a little break at Hayfield Manor - it's so difficult to witness real quality in action nowadays but the people at Hayfield Manor have cracked it. Keep doing what you're doing. Form is temporary but class is permanent!

Room Tip: All the rooms (I've stayed in different roms) are really top notch.
1  Thank James K

Dear Guest James K,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor once again.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, and particularly about our staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our service so much.

I will be certain to pass on your wonderful feedback to the whole team; I am sure they will be as grateful as I am for your very kind praise. It is our pleasure to be of service to all our guests, and I am thrilled that you felt so relaxed and pampered during your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We started off a tour of SW Ireland at this remarkable property. The suite was spacious, plush and comfortable. The bed extraordinarily so. Very fine food made our first dinner and breakfasts very pleasant. But I must say that what stood out the most was the friendly efficient service. Following up on late arriving luggage from the airport, purchasing and delivering to the room an iPhone car charger, restaurant recommendation and reservations, day activity planning, porter services, etc, etc. just hinting at a need or a concern, and they were all over it.

A special thanks to the GM, Ettienne Van Vrede, who was himself very hands-on and whose influence shown in the attitude of the staff. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest SoCalBuck,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently and also for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, and particularly about our service. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our cuisine also.

I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to the whole team; I am sure they will be as delighted as I am with your kind praise. We strive not only to meet guests’ expectations, but to exceed them, and it is our pleasure to be of service to all our guests.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A number of us stayed here over the weekend (Aug 10th- 13th) some for one night and others for the entire weekend. All I can say is that Hayfield Manor is exemplary. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the friendly yet professional staff. No requirement was too much trouble, no whim went uncatered to. Arriving back rather late from the wedding and feeling a tad peckish I enquired about getting a bite to eat, within 10 minutes a tasty chicken sandwich was delived to my door. The rooms are plush, elegant and comfortable and naturally enough completely spotless. There is a hushed tone in Hayfield but one doesn't get the feeling that it is one of reverence merely relaxation. Breakfast was a pleasure with a side room filled with a wonderful buffet and a menu that lists an assortment of cooked dishes from kippers to eggs benedict. This is an excellent hotel with a number of little touches that you would rarely find in other hotels. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will defintely return.

Dear Guest Irishsas76,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor .

Thank you for your very kind and positive words about our hotel, particularly about our service and our cuisine. I am very glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us.

Your very kind praise is greatly appreciated by myself and the whole team at Hayfield Manor.

I would be honoured to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.