“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
kernersville, nc
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hayfield Manor for two nights recently. What an enjoyable stay. It has all of the charm of an old irish hotel - lots of wood, the concierge in top hat and tux, real room keys - without being overly stuffy for the average traveler. The rooms were nice. The key here was the staff. They treated us like royalty and were always glad to help. We spent each evening before going out to dinner having an appetizer and drink in the bar. There was a young man going to school who waited on us and he was excellent. I wish I remembered his name but he was very nice. We also closed an evening with nightcaps here. Great setting. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes walk to St FinnBars and its another 5-10 into downtown. Very convienent. They have ample free parking right next to the hotel. If you get a minute, take time to look at the photos in the back left of the lobby and see who all has stayed here. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest maddie59,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel, and most especially our staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be certain to pass on your comments to the team.

Thank you once again for your very positive comments, they are truly appreciated.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at Hayfield for three nights two weeks ago - it is a lovely property. The staff is helpful, courteous and professional. The food was fabulous - breakfast especially delicious. Beds were very comfy, rooms were beautifully decorated and spotless. I highly recommend the Hayfield!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vdoyle82
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Guest vdoyle82,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and also for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Cork.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the positive feedback. We welcome all feedback, but it is always wonderful to receive such great comments, it is a great boost of morale for me and for all the team.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

For my wife's 40th birthday we escaped from our 3 little boys for one night. From the moment we drove through the gate we fell in love with the Hayfield Manor. Its elegance was matched by the warmth and sincerity of the staff. Every single staff member we encountered was friendly, courteous and efficient without being intrusive. Our room was spacious and very comfortable and although it was beside the road noise was not an issue. While on a small site in the middle of Cork city the aviary was very cute. We also loved the relaxing public areas such as the library and drawing room and landings on each floor. We enjoyed a very relaxing swim, steam and jacuzzi followed by an excellent meal in the beautifully appointed Perrots Garden Bistro. Breakfast in the orchid restaurant capped off a fabulous little break. For a Monday night the hotel and restaurant was very busy which is surely a sign of its excellence! A little slice of heaven... will have to return ASAP!

1 Thank gummibear75
Dear Guest gummibear75,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor to celebrate your wife's 40th birthday.

It was great to read your review from beginning to end. Thank you very much for all the positive feedback and praise about our hotel, and in particular our staff, I will be sure to pass it on to them.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here for five days in May of last year. I booked it as a surprise for my mothers 65th birthday. I had requested a room in a quiet location as im a light sleeper. We were greeted by a very nice receptionist and shown to our room which was lovely. Unfortunatley we were over the restaurant and were kept awake until the early hours of the morning by extractor fans and staff cleaning/setting up the restaurant which spolit the first night for us.

I informed the receptionist on duty the following morning and by the time we came back from the city our bags were moved to a new room. The breakfast was delicious and the service was excellent. Unfortunately we didnt get to sample the spa but look forward to on my next visit. We had a wonderful stay and would without a doubt return and whole heartedly recommed to people.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest Catherine G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor to celebrate your mothers birthday.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologise about the noise disturbance on your first night with us. I was happy to read that the issue was dealt with promptly and that you were happy with your room for the duration of your stay. Thank you for the feedback during your stay as it is always great to deal with any issues at the time when we are able to resolve them straight away.

I would be honored to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Dalkey, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Spent two nights to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, and upon arriving in our very comfortable and cozy room there were some delightful petit fours on display with 'Happy Birthday' written in chocolate. A simple but appreciated touch that I did not request, but obviously received in response to my stated purpose of the visit.

That little gesture explains just how wonderful the service is executed. I must say it is among the best I have experienced while living in Ireland. The staff seems to go out of there way to please without being obtrusive. I've stayed in tons of places all over the world and believe me providing just the right amount of service and attention is a fine art.

Barman was very friendly and served up fabulous cocktails...and banter. Breakfast was delicious with wonderful fresh scones. The smoked kippers were a nice little treat. We also enjoyed an a very long birthday lunch that was first rate all around with great service considering it was a Monday and we ate very late--that really says something when the food and service are still there in top form at an odd hour on a Monday.

My only suggestions are perhaps a better ironing board (although presumably I would give that probably most guests at this hotel order out any pressing or cleaning) and a bit more watchful eye on cleaning up the cake crumbs on the carpet after tea is served in the drawing room...but I'm nitpicking a bit here and don't mean to detract from the overall excellent experience at this property.

Finally, the library and drawing rooms are quite cozy and very tastefully decorated. Great spots to enjoy quiet conversation with some nibbles or tea with a view to the walled garden. We only wished we could have taken our tea in the beautiful walled garden, but alas the Irish summer this year is not cooperating!

1 Thank pinkysworld
Dear Guest Pinkysworld,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, to celebrate your girlfriend's recent birthday. Thank you also for taking the time to write your great review.

I was delighted to read your very positive review. Thank you for the wonderful praise and feedback about our staff, service and cuisine. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the whole team.
Thank you also for your helpful feedback, I have taken this on board.

It is always important for us to hear all guest feedback as it allows us to continue to strive and exceed all of our guests' expectations.

We would be delighted to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very upscale hotel. Everything looks very historical in design, but I was told it was actually rebuilt about 20 years ago. This hotel is really close to the college campus and I actually walked downtown a few times, wasn't that far.

The dangerous part of this place is that there is a great bar and restaurant downstairs, so you really never have to leave.

The breakfast was ok, not spectacular and can be on the high side, so I wouldn't recommend that. Also, I didn't see anything great about the spa/pool/fitness center.

I don't know what it was, but I could not for the life of me sleep in this place. The sheets seemed a bit scratchy and there was some road noise. Also, I had to download the manual for how to work the A/C unit, because it kept shutting off on me. And to that point, even though there are a number of wifi spots in the hotel, the wifi was slow on all of them.

All that being said, I would still recommend this place just to say you have stayed here at least once.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HookEmFish
Dear Guest HookEmFish,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your helpful review.
I would like to thank you for your great feedback and positive feedback on areas of our hotel. However I must say I was very disappointed to read that certain areas did not live up to your expectations.
We pride ourselves on our quality and we are continuously refurbishing and updating the hotel in particular our Wi-Fi, so I was very disappointed to read that you did not find this satisfactory. I can assure you I will be looking into all areas that you have mentioned. It is very important for us to listen to all guest feedback as this allows us to continue to strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations

Thank you again for your very helpful feedback, and we would be delighted to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

From arrival through to departure you feel really welcome and relaxed. Incredibly friendly staff, fantastic food and beautiful location. Close to Cork cit centre and many other sights of the country, so a very good base for exploring the Cork area. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest PaddyE1981,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us recently. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our staff and our cuisine. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Cork.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near distant future.