“Slept Well!”

Ranked #14 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Inishcrone, Ireland
“Slept Well!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had A very modest room in this well kept B&B. The B&B is well located to the centre of Cork. There are numerous sights and nightlife within walking distance. My room overlooked St. Patrick's Hill Street and although there was considerable chatter from the college across the street, it quieted down by bedtime. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. Rooms are neat and tidy and at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank tomapar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here last week, and I was extremely pleased with the B and B for my stay. I got a double room, it was clean , airy and very well equipped. Wifi was also excellent. I decided to have breakfast too, and so it was very tasty. The location of this bed and breakfast is excellent, as its in the centre of the city, and it is within walking distance to all good shops and eateries. I would return here again . Excellent stay. Thank you to the hosts!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just had a lovely stay here for two nights during the week.
Had a room on the second floor, lovely big, clean bed, nice size bathroom, tea and coffee in the room. WiFi was strong in the room. There was a small tv with a good choice of cable channels. I opted out of the breakfast. The only "issue" I had was when I assumed there would be a hair dryer in the room. I went down to see if I could borrow one but couldn't find anyone. I rang their number from my mobile and got one a couple of minutes later.
I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here in October on a recent visit to Cork with my wife. We stayed with Jacki and her husband in their beautiful Cork city home. Its a stunning georgian house with stairways, perfectly furnished rooms and has a certain feel to the house, most other houses do not have. Its location is ideal, with just a stones throw to the city, this house is perfect for those who want to experience the city. Breakfast was hearty and tasty and our double room was excellently clean. Thank you Jacki!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
northwest Montana
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Acorn House was perfect for our stay in Cork. Great location, great accommodations. Charlie and family were welcoming and worked hard to make sure our stay was comfortable. I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here recently with my wife on our wonderful trip to Cork City. Jacki and her husband were the perfect hosts. Jacki is such a wonderful lady, and an excellent host. Their guesthouse was the perfect location for us as we just went down the hill a little and we were in the city then. Our room was upstairs and had that perfect old world charm. Our room was very clean and tidy and we had a window facing the front of the house. Would recommend anyone to stay here. Location is excellent, and breakfast is very tasty!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here not so long ago, with my husband. We had the perfect stay. The location is ideal and the couple who run the B and B are truely wonderful. They are so helpful! We got a wonderful Irish breakfast which was fresh! Our bed was so comfortable and the room was perfect. The house is wonderfully decorated and has that old charm about it. I could not fault the place. Excellent cuisine, fantastic hosts and a very memorable stay! Thank you Acorn House!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple