“cork travelodge”

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 12, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed July 9, 2009

We often use travelodges especially if it's getting late to find a place and they
are generally fairly uniform in standards if lacking in hotel feel.
This one was just about acceptably clean if a bit tired.
A bit noisy close to a main roundabout.
Bed not as comfortable as the usual plain fairly firm foam type and linen looked
well used and not very fresh looking.

Main complaint is the franchised breakfast outlet next door (owned by another company)
DON'T USE IT IF YOU WANT A FULL ENGLISH!! The worst I've ever eaten and I
sent the first one back!!!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
LisaWalsh, Travelodge Group Revenue Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2009

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to you’re your review.
Travelodge Cork has recently had a lot of work done to so I can assure you the tired look is completely gone.
Our Linen is delivered fresh to us every morning by one of the biggest suppliers in Ireland – we’ve never had any complaints before but this is something we will investigate.
We do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future – hopefully next time your stay will be a lot more enjoyable.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2009

There is a large black stain on the curtains - The floor wasn’t was a bit shabby and looked like it hadn’t been hovered properly - We bought internet connection on Friday and Saturday, this only works on the side of the room close to the bathroom. Every time you went past the edge of the bed it lost connection. - The water in the shower was just about luke warm at 8 in the evening - The bed was uncomfortable and squeaky
The rooms are badly built as you can hear people talking and walking up and down the hall all night - The bed sheets were dirty, there was hair on them! - There is a very unpleasant smell when you come from reception into the stairwell - As for the vending machines – After about €5 I ended up with two bars of chocolate, as the machine wasn’t working properly - Overall I understand this is cheap and cheerful accommodation but if given the choice again I would definitely have paid an extra €30 and got a comfortable hotel with better facilities.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sayrzbearz
LisaWalsh, Travelodge Group Revenue Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2009

Hi There,

Firstly, thanks for writing your review about our hotel.
I was saddened to read about your disappointing stay in Travelodge Cork.

Regarding the dirty linen – all Travelodge hotels across Ireland receive fresh clean linen every morning. Our porters would then check the linen before it comes into the hotel and all stained or linen that can not be used is returned to the supplier – so your comments surprise me greatly.

Your review has been sent to the general manager and I assure you she will investigate immediately. I would like to discuss these issues with your further and look at ways of satisfying your concerns and compensating you for your bad experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2009

This hotel was fine. Thats all there is too it really. We didnt have a car so it was hard getting around as we had to get the bus to the city centre every day, and then the bus to the city centre to get the airport shuttle too. Bus was only a few Euro so really really cheap, but took about 40 minutes so not ideal. It'd be a lot easier with a car. Cork itself was a bit of a disappointment after my last few stays in Ireland. I was expecting it to be more vibrant with more to do and see. But this hotel is fine for a cheap city break. The breakfast at the restaurant was horrible, although I loved the American Diner Style vibe. The bus is the one to Grove (possilbly no3??) that leaves from up the road on the left past the petrol garage, about 6 min walk. The staff were brilliant, but the bed clothes were filthy

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
LisaWalsh, Travelodge Group Revenue Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2009

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We can never improve unless we get feed back from our customers.

I'm glad our customer service met your standards but I'm really disappointed to read your comments on our linen.
I've addressed this to the general manager. I can offer you no excuses for uncleanliness.
If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your issue further.

Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2008

I booked the Travelodge due to it's close proximity to Cork Initernational AIrport. Only 1 mile. The price was only 59 e which was well worth it. I have only read the reviews here today - had I read them before my stay I would not have booked. I see now that I would have been tricked!! The hotel is not dirty or anything of the sort. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel does not supply shower gel and shampoo - big deal - does anyone ever use it anyway. I recommend Travelodge Cork and will stay there again. Shame on people who knowingly make false statements in open review sites. There are images on the hotels own website that show true images of what the hotel looks like. I looked at these when making my reservation. What you see is what you get.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LisaWalsh, Travelodge Group Revenue Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2009

Hi there,

On behalf of Travelodge Cork, thank you very much for your kind words.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2008

Thankfully we only booked for two nights!! The sheets were dirty, the sofa bed had stains which wouldn't have looked out of place in a brothel and the front rooms overlook a main road and are very noisy. The locks do not feel very secure and they could not find us a pillow in the whole hotel for our fourth occupant. Food passable if a little cold and slow to arrive, all the staff were of Eastern European descent, so asking for directions round town was pointless!! We definately wont be back, no frills really means no frills here!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank infrequenttraveller2
Reviewed July 30, 2008

All you want in a Travelodge is a good bed and a clean room. You get neither with this place. The windows to our room were wide open when we checked in, which was very late. My guess is that they'd been open about 12 hours which still wasn't enough to conceal the awful smell. After sniffing around for a while I decided it was coming from the carpet and THE BED. The number of sweaty feet that have pounded the carpet and writhed in the bed sheets must be nearing millions. Rather than replacing the mattress, it has simply been turned the other way up so the most offensive area is now at nose level, just below the pillow.
Anyone with any standards should avoid this place at all costs. It would have been more enjoyable and 79 euros cheaper to lie in a field with the animals and wait for morning to come.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family