“A much better experience”

Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The title is in the light of the review I just submitted of the TL in Waterford. Advanced booking; arrived 8 Sept and departed 10 Sept. The whole experience was positive, including a room that looked out on a planted wall, meaning it was silent and away from the highway, Eddie Rocket and the petrol garage. Nothing to fault about the room. Reception was attentive and professional. There is a nice pub/restaurant just up the road on the way to the airport. Even with live music when I was there.
In general I chose this TL for its ease of access to the rest of the county and this proved to be true, with a good hotel experience as a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cork Airport

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Travelodge Cork airport is a typical budget hotel, an adaquate place to stay overnight but not for a longer period of time. We stayed for one night in June and chose this hotel because of its location near the highway. I was on an individual round trip through Ireland and good access with a complimentary parking lot was the main requirement. The hotel is also quite close to Cork airport but rather far from the city center. However, this was absolutely no problem as we rented a car and downtown Cork is not difficult to find, even without a map.
Staff was very friendly and courteous and check- in was completed within 2 minutes. We were handed a breakfast voucher (I included breakfast when making my reservation). The hotel does not have its own restaurant, however there is an American-style restaurant attached which seems to be part of an Ireland- wide chain. Breakfast was acceptable but nothing special and the choice was too limited. We also had dinner there which was good but a little pricey.
Amenities in the hotel are limited, actually there is nothing to do outside the hotel room. But this is what I expected from a budget hotel so I cannot really complain.
Unfortunately, my room looked old and dated and was in need of refurbishment. It was not very bad, still the company should invest some money to improve things. Cleanliness was not an issue, though. The bathroom was lacking basic toiletries. Although being located near major roads, there was no disturbing noise in the room.
To sum it up, the Travelodge Cork airport is an acceptable place to stay for one night, it provides basic budget accommodation. I rate it 3 star as there was nothing bad about the hotel but one should not forget that it's a 2 star property so expectations should not be high.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WAW-Traveler
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights as part of a vacation in Ireland. The bed was excellent and the room was spacious. Facilities are typical of other Travelodges I have used, simple but they do the job.

The location is adjacent to the southern ring road and not far from the airport. There is not much entertainment nearby, and try to avoid driving through Cork city at rush hour as the traffic is very heavy at times.

Room Tip: Upstairs seemed quiet, and rooms in the "200" series e.g. 205 are at the end of the wing m...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your post.

Dear Cloted

It is always good to get positive feedback from our customers after they have stayed with us. We will make sure the hotel receive a copy of your compliment.

With regards to the concerns you’ve raised, your valuable comments will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here on business for one week and couldn't wait to get out of the place.

First point; the rooms are very noisy. It seems like the building has a timbre frame, so you can clearly hear the people moving around on the floor above if you are unlucky enough to be put on the ground floor. I am a heavy sleeper, and yet I was woken up several times from the noise of people upstairs coming or going in the middle of the night. This is even more likely to happen at this hotel, since it is near an airport.

Second point is that there is nothing to do around this hotel - Eddie Rockets for meals, and a petrol station next door: nothing else within walking distance.

The third point was that there seems to be some problem with ants in this hotel. I left an empty glass of soda on the table one morning, and found it covered with ants that evening. When I reported it as I was leaving for work the following morning; the receptionist said he would ask the manager to investigate. Then when I got back in the evening, the manager said that he couldn't find any ants! However; I had taken pictures! Funny that I was the first to discover this problem! So I was given another room (without any ants!) but this did nothing for the noise.

In summary, this is not a good hotel. It's advantage is the low room rate, and the fact that it is near the airport. The reception staff were very professional. Nothing much else to recommend this place.

Stay here only if you need a room for an early night the next morning

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BKearns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

One of 4 TLs visited during tour of Ireland. Usual reliable service and room at good value 45 euros. About 1.5 miles from Cork centre down busy dual cariiageway so walking into town not viable. Helpful receptionist alerted us to nearby bus stop with service each way every 10 mins upt o 11.00 p.m. - 1.70 euros fare. Cork centre very lively with lots of music bars. Taxi back at 1.00a.m. Sunday morning only 10 euros.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick-Wokingham
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time reviewing our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more so, in all other Travelodges in Ireland.
I do hope to see you again in a near future.

Kind Regards,
Janis

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Its a Travelodge so I wasn't expecting much. Staff were friendly. The room had a damp smell,wet patch on the carpet, a cracked mirror and a very dusty sofa.We could hear the people in the room above us walking around for most of the night. The bathroom was clean. We were up very early for a flight so I didn't bother bringing this to anyones attention as it did the job for the short time we were there. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben M
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Ben M

Thank you for your comment.

The points you’ve raised will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

Your feedback is important to us, and we would like to investigate the issues We will investigate the damp, and replace the mirror and sofa if required. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form, to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed with my wife and 3 children in a family room for 3 nights and had no problems. Staff where helpful even when really busy. Kids loved the room and Eddie rockets was excellent for both breakfast and evening meals and snacks. Not as pricey as I expected.
Room was exactly as you would expect of a travelodge and beds where really comfortable.
free wifi is available in Eddie Rockets and just outside which was useful.

Room Tip: Its a travelodge. Don't expect the 5 star accomodation. It is a good nights sleep in a clean and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul C

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking your time to write your positive review of our hotel!
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us back in August.
I hope that you and your family had a great time visiting Cork city and we hope to see you again sometime!

Kind Regards,