My trip was a just a one-night stay with my five-month old daughter. I booked online and had requested that the room be big enough to accommodate a travel cot. Got my confirmation email plus another email from the hotel informing me about other options available to me during my stay e.g. dinner etc. So far, so good. Arrived frazzled - travelling with child is like moving house. The receptionist was the picture of efficiency. Really polite, friendly and efficient (at last! How many times have been with receptionists who appear to be inputting a thesis on the computer). Arrived in the room and OMIGOD, they had put a travel cot in place with fitted sheets at the end of my bed. I nearly cried with happiness - it was just so unexpected and saved trips to the car with daughter in hand to collect, unfold cot (not to mention all the other furniture associated with bub). When was the last time a hotel did something for you on its own initiative i.e. anticipated that such a gesture might be of assistance? Me thinks that the recession is a good thing after all. Well, that wasn't it. Arrived down to breakfast with baby sitting happily in her car-seat. The waitress advised that it was free-seating and that it was a buffet breakfast. Help! Try serving yourself holding baby at same time. But no, Silver Springs service to the rescue. On her own initiative, she immediately suggested that she organise breakfast for me and bring it to my table. OMIGOD! I was getting seriously emotional at this stage (and no, it's not the post-pregnancy hormones I swear). Needless to say, check-out worked like a dream and I departed in blissful happiness and a bill for around €85. This hotel is a great option for business or leisure alike and unlike many hotels, the staff are simply amazing! I will be back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in sylvan terraced grounds just 3km from the city centre and 11km from Cork Airport. With over 100 guest rooms, superb cuisine, versatile conference facilities, fully equipped leisure facility & exceptional service the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs has everything you need to make your stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clayton Hotel Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Springs Moran Cork
- Hotel Silver Springs Moran
- Silver Springs Hotel Cork