And it doesn't get much better on the inside.
The last time this place was decorated, a former Hollywood actor was president of the USA. I got "upgraded" to a "room with a bath". It was exciting, at least judging by the demeanour of the receptionist. It was a bath. An ordinary bath, except for the fact that it didn't drain. I could see the wood through the faded and scraped away paint on the doors. No air conditioning - other than a window overlooking the busiest road in Cork. The elevators are those ancient 2 person cubicles that take an eternity to move/summon.
And the service at breakfast is horrendous - I asked for coffee with my breakfast. I waited. I ate. The same person cleared a table beside me. They served 2 tables opposite me. I finished. I left minus coffee.
Don't consider this place for business. The Internet connection is very weak. I ended up using my phone's hotspot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in sylvan terraced grounds just 3km from the city centre and 11km from Cork Airport. With over 100 guest rooms, superb cuisine, versatile conference facilities, fully equipped leisure facility & exceptional service the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs has everything you need to make your stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clayton Hotel Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Springs Moran Cork
- Hotel Silver Springs Moran
- Silver Springs Hotel Cork