“Valentines break”

Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Valentines break”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed her valentines night for a romantic stay. We checked in very quickly with the great receptionist Juan (I think that was his name) we were no sooner in the lovely newly decorated room and I hit my bag off the table amd managed to break a glass.

quick visit to reception Juan had it all sorted for me and also got an iron + ironing board dropped to the room.

We choose to dine in the restaurant that night as we heard great things. We were greeted sraight away by a member of staff whom seemed more eager to get us seated and orders taken than providing good service. However it was busy so it was understandable.. so then he jumps I to his speel about the meal which was exceuted in 1 breath.. not the service we were expecting but as I said they were busy yet this should not have effected service

Overall I quite liked the hotel. Parking is a disaster when it is busy but due to topography of the land I suppose not much can be done although tbey should get rid of tge aged slate stairs..

also my room 305 had a leak of water coming through the wall by the window I forgot to mentiom it to reception however it in no way effected our stay

• Stayed February 2014
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lookarounder,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

It gives us our team and staff alike great pride to read your comments as we are delighted that you left us with such lovely memories, especially on a special night like Valentine's.

We are also very grateful for your comments regarding the new bathrooms, as we have indeed invested a great deal to ensure that we can offer luxurious bathrooms expected from a four star hotel of our level.

We have also acknowledged your comments in relation to your dinner, and you are correct in saying that being busy is not an excuse for not providing good service, and we will address these issues to ensure this does not reoccur.

I wish to apologise for the inconvenience experienced with the leak in the room. Unfortunately we have also been victims of the unprecedented weather conditions that have affected the country during the last few weeks, which resulted in a few leaks in some rooms; and we thank you for your understanding as we are relieved that this did not spoil your overall stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future (hopefully during milder weather) and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Cork
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Dining in the bar is excellent. Staff are friendly and courteous. The menu is varied and the food is delicious. Pleased to recommend. Have been here a few times on business and found it to be a good location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Powerpix,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent dining experience at our Lounge Bar.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your dinner and we thank you for the kind comments you posted.

Our Lounge Bar over the years has become a hotspot for locals, corporates and families alike; our wonderful menu put together by our renown Head Chef Gary Burke, combined with the efficient and friendly service of our Lounge team are what make this venue so special.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here whilst in Cork with work a few weeks ago. Check in and out was quick and efficient and the room was clean and functional. Food quality was good as was quality of drinks. Due to time of arrival and departure (after 6pm and before 8am) I was unaffected by any noise from the building work on site. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear SharmanMike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you received such swift and efficient service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Would I stay here again....... I don't think so !
The bedrooms are far to dated even for the 70/80s fans out there. The room I was in was facing the very busy road outside that feeds Cork city even though I asked for a room at the back of the hotel.
Dinner in the bar lacked atmosphere, not that I was looking for pole dancers and banging music but something to liven it up, they did have a lovely open fire in the middle (turn it on though)
Breakfast was enjoyable, but it's wasn't enough to make me change my mind about staying again.
Onwards to find a suitable hotel in Cork for my next business trip.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sean F
Dear Sean F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am terribly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised in more detail.

Here at The Silver Springs Hotel, we always strive to maintain and improve our level of service to ensure that we always meet the expectations from our customers, and we welcome your type of feedback so that we can work on our occasional shortcomings and ensure they do not reoccur.

With regards to the rooms decor I wish to point out that we almost finalised a total revamp of all bathrooms, and the feedback we received so far is very poisitive. Unfortunately you were allocated to one of the rooms that had not been refurbished yet, and I strongly believe that should you have seen one of the new rooms, you would have left us with a totally different opinion of us.

In relation to your comments about the Lounge poor atmosphere, I am afraid I am slightly suprised by this, as this is the one area in the hotel that is constantly buzzing; on weekends we also offer live music from 10pm and is generally a very popular venue for locals, corporates and families alike.

Sean F, we respect your wish to not return again, however I am confident that if you gave us another opportunity to welcome you back we would do our utmost to change your idea of our hotel.

If you wish to return please contact me directly on 021 450 7533 or on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com and I will personally ensure we meet your demands and exceed your expectations.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cork hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had carvery lunch on sunday here recently. 10.50 for main course and 4.50 for dessert excellent value. Very tasty and enjoyable. They also had face painting and balloon making for kids, good idea to keep kids entertained

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nancykelle102
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Nancykelle102,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review in relation to your recent experience at our Watermarq Restaurant.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your meal, and it is great that you acknkowledged our efforts to make families as welcomed and comfortable as possible.

In recent months there have been great additions to our facilities to better cater for the many families that visit us every year. The brand new playground at Watermarq Restaurant and the indoor play area for the smaller kids have been received by our customers with great praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and if there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed one night with my husband in January 2014. Stayed on the 3rd floor, hotel is being renovated at the moment so there is a bit of noise to contend with. They are working 9 to 5 each day but the started at 8.30am and woke us up from our slumber with drilling and banging. Hopefully the work will finish soon as if you are staying for a leisure break you might not want to be woken so early. It does seem to cater for the business traveller mainly. Gym is not in the main hotel and you have to drive or walk 20 minutes to it so we did not use it as a result. We eat in the bar area, service was very good, prices were reasonable and the food was excellent. Our room was a twin with two double beds. It was very clean and had all the usual amenities. No free standing shower, it was over the bath. We visited the Jameson factory (taxi from the hotel is about €27 each way). Good location if you are heading into Cork with free parking.

Room Tip: Ask to be put away from the renovation work until it is completed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dermotswoman
Dear Dermotswoman,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff had such a great impression.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the refurbishment noise, however we believe this disruption is necessary in order to further enhance our guests future experience, as we are currently renovating all guestrooms bathrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed two nights .... On arrival we were given a room with a doggy reception on the television. Nothing could be done to improve it so we had to move rooms ..., this was no problem but the fact we had already unpacked made this an chore. The hotel was nice and comfortable with friendly staff. The breakfast was very basic with not much variety. I ordered porridge and it came like wallpaper paste...... Not very appetising. However I enjoyed my stay......

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank paul m
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the issues you raised.

As you mentioned with regards to the TV reception, this was an unforeseen technical incident which are difficult to control, and I am glad that you brought it to our attention so that we could change your room and rectify this immediately.

As for your comments regarding our breakfast quality and variety, I will personally discuss your feedback to the relvant managers to ensure this does not reoccur.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.