“Enjoyed my stay but there were faults.....”

Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“Enjoyed my stay but there were faults.....”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed two nights .... On arrival we were given a room with a doggy reception on the television. Nothing could be done to improve it so we had to move rooms ..., this was no problem but the fact we had already unpacked made this an chore. The hotel was nice and comfortable with friendly staff. The breakfast was very basic with not much variety. I ordered porridge and it came like wallpaper paste...... Not very appetising. However I enjoyed my stay......

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank paul m
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Paul M,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the issues you raised.

As you mentioned with regards to the TV reception, this was an unforeseen technical incident which are difficult to control, and I am glad that you brought it to our attention so that we could change your room and rectify this immediately.

As for your comments regarding our breakfast quality and variety, I will personally discuss your feedback to the relvant managers to ensure this does not reoccur.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently. Was upgraded to a suite, it was fab!! Wish I was there longer to enjoy it. Went to dinner dance that night food was lovely. Had room service the next morning and it was really nice and hot!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear PinkLady8727,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you departed with such great memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The noise is this hotel was beyond anything I've experienced in all the hotels I've stayed in.

We were on the 6th floor and it felt like our room was next to the motorway below.

Some sort of machine maybe a pump turned on in the hallway outside the room at 7.30am and didn't stop for near 30 minutes. Unbelievably loud noise.

The doors of the rooms slam shut when not held so be prepared to listen to all night and morning.

We were forced to call reception at 11pm to complain about under 18s who appeared to have their own rooms shouting in the corridor and slamming doors for 2 hours previous to that.

Could barely sit on the toilet it was so close to the wall in the bathroom. There was no toilet brush provided.

Food was nice in the bar and breakfast was typical.

Lifts were painfully slow to arrive.

The one redeeming quality was the staff who were excellent.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Funky_Thistle
Dear AidoManDude,

Thank you very much your review.

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit with us and I thank you for taking the time to raise the issues you encountered.

I can assure you that we will be addressing the several shortcomings that you addressed to ensure that they do not reoccur again in future, and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments in relation to our staff, as I am glad that even during a below par stay our staff friendliness and professional attitude still had a positive impact.

As mentioned above, I look forward to have the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised as I would very much love the chance to be able to welcome you back and show you that this was not the way we normally operate.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cork hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The good bits...
Food was good, entertainment was good but spoilt by children running around all night unsupervised by parents. Room on the surface was good and I was delighted when I was told I had an recently refurbished bathroom, but was let down (see pics).

The bad bits...
Food portion was small. Room was cold. Hot water was not hot. Noise in hotel corridors until 5am.

Summary...
It was by second stay and whilst I would come back, but never again at New Years unless management took the attitude that they cared about the guests and not the cash they were getting in...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hh127
Dear hh127,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am terribly sorry that you had a disappointing New Year’s Eve stay, and I would like the opportunity to discuss your comments in more details, as frankly they do not reflect the general feedback we received from other customers on that day.

I thank you for your good comments in relation to the quality of the food and entertainment, however I am slightly puzzled by other issues you raised.

As I am sure you can appreciate, New Year’s Eve is an occasion for celebration for adults and children alike and we tend to give a bit more leeway to our customers that want to celebrate until the early hours, and I sincerely apologise if their behaviour affected your stay.

With regards to your comments about the new rooms, there were no pictures attached to your comments so I am not sure what you are referring to as a “letdown”.

In relation to the size of the dinner portions, I am sorry that you felt the size were not large enough, however our New Year’s Eve dinner menu included a five course meal, and portions would naturally be slightly smaller than typical 3 course meal for obvious reasons.

Finally I am terribly sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I am delighted that this experience did not tarnish your opinion of us and that you will be coming to visit us again, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to make your future stays more comfortable.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal in the restaurant and it was pretty poor to be honest. I had what was supposed to be a 10 oz Rib eye, and it was far from 10 oz, I thing it was 6-7, being a regular steak eater. Not once did the staff check to see if food was ok, even when paying. Very disappointing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Murphybrown1979
Dear pmcmaho4,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your recent dining experience.

I am terribly disappointed about your comments regarding our steaks, as it is a very popular dish in our lounge menu and we normally receive great feedback about the quality of the beef.

I have personally addressed the issues you raised in relation to the size of the steak with our Head Chef Gary Burke, and he was quite surprised by your comments as each steak is individually weighed to ensure that each customers rreceive a full 10oz steak as described on the menu.

Overall II am terribly sorry that you were unable to experience the way in which we normally operate and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall this is a nice hotel and, considering it is a 4 star, is good value for money. It is not comfortably within walking distance of the city centre, so if you do stay, you'll either need to drive in or get a cab. The décor in some parts of the hotel is dated but a refurbishment was underway when we were staying, so when this is finished, the hotel will presumably look modern throughout.

The rooms were clean & the facilities good; the food in the bar was very nice & it was good have the option of bar snacks as we did not want to dine in the main restaurant.

We had to pay extra for breakfast because it worked out cheaper to book room-only then pay the difference when we got there. The breakfast was cooked to a high standard, although my only complaint was being made to sit right next to the line of people queueing to get their food, meaning I always had someone walking past me whilst I was eating, but this is quite minor in the grand scheme of things.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the refurbished part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan C
Dear Dan C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such lovely review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you acknowledged the value for money that we consistently offer to our customers. We go through great lengths to ensure that we offer the best possible 4 star service at the most competitive prices.

We look forward to welcoming you back when all our rooms' refurbishment has been finalized, and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

San Antonio
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I would not hesitate to recommend the lovely Silver Springs Moran Hotel. The accommodations are very nice, the staff polite, and the restaurant and the bar very good.

My only critique is something that could be fixed incredibly cheaply and easily. Buffering material that keeps the doors from slamming loudly in the main entrance to the rooms. I was awakened non-stop throughout my nights by the constant slamming of doors in adjacent rooms. Were it not for my foamy earplugs I wouldn't have slept at all.

This problem is not unique to this hotel, but I feel I must speak up since it is an otherwise lovely place that could be even better.

Just my friendly 2 cents....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Kenneth H,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your great comments. We will also take on board your suggestions with regards to the bedroom doors.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.