“2nd trip back..Unbelievably impressed..”

Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin
“2nd trip back..Unbelievably impressed..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I visited this hotel 8 months ago and had mixed feelings about it but on my second trip back.. I can honestly say it was my most enjoyable overnight stay in a hotel to date. I managed to park right outside the entrance of the hotel. My check in was friendly and prompt. Juan, the manager was very helpful and took my previous experience on board. Was given an absolutely beautiful room. Spotlessly clean, spacious and for me the most important factor... the wi-fi was reliable and consistent.

Room service was prompt. Staff were exceptionally friendly. I cannot see myself staying anywhere else in Cork.. ever. Thank you Silver Springs!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Crystallamp
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Crystallamp,

Thank you very much for such wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I am very grateful that you decided to give us a second chance to show you that your first impression on your previous stay did not represent the normal way in which we operate.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an typical big city hotel with a very impersonal feel. The car park was busy & we found parking quite difficult there, we had booked on a room only basis & the receptionist asked on check in did we wish to include breakfast, we were going to wait until morning to decide if we would feel like having breakfast however then we were told that if we paid on check in it would cost ten euro per person but if we waited until morning it would be twelve fifty each. We decided to have breakfast elsewhere as this option just did not appeal to us - why it would cost extra in the morning should we decide to have breakfast rather than prepaying for it just did not make sense to us at all. We found the front desk staff to be unfriendly & we felt the receptionist was trying hard to "sell" breakfast to us. The room was well appointed and comfortable, even though we were on the fourth floor we could hear the traffic clearly, however we appreciate that this hotel is located near a busy road so such noise is to be expected. We ate in the hotel restaurant, having read good reviews we were looking forward to our meal, it was strictly average - edible but certainly nothing special, again there was a dining supplement as it was a Saturday night, I feel this was unnecessary especially as the restaurant was extremely quiet, perhaps it may be acceptable in summer but this was October .Also the chick pea cakes with warm salad etc, were dry and unappetising, they were served on asparagus - the "warm salad " for me this just did not work at all & was expensive for what it was which was basically a bland tasteless meal. There was music in the open plan comfortable bar area the night we stayed there, the band was excellent,a taxi from the hotel would cost ten euro approx.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank annaq251
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Annaq251,

Thank you very much for writing a review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised in person.

Our hotel offers over 1500 parking spaces, the largest hotel car parking in Cork, and if you had difficulties in finding a space it was probably during an unprecedented busy period.

I would like to inform you though, that the difference in price for the breakfast is that we offer a discount if you include the breakfast supplement with your room rate, and if you decide to pay the breakfast on the day the full amount applies.

With regards to dinner prices, I also wish to point out that weekdays we offer discounted prices as an incentive, we do not charge weekend supplement.

Annaq251, I am terribly sorry that your experience was not entirely satisfactory, however I strongly believe that we offer the highest value for money within the hotels of our category in Cork City.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Nenagh, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay with my husband and 2 kids. Couldn't fault the hotel. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and it was fabulous. They have a great kids menu too. Not the usual nuggets and chips!!! Breakfast each morning was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfortable. The leisure centre is basic enough but it didn't take from our stay.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Carophil73,

Thank you very much for such lovely review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you and your family left us with such great memories. In recent years we have placed a lot of effort to become one of Cork best family friendly hotels, and we are truly proud to receive this type of feedback.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

leixlip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed overnight as we were attending a soccer match in Turners Cross between Cork city and St Patrick's Athletic and what a lovely place to stay the hotel is a short distance away from the town centre the football grounds are 6/7 miles away buses are available and in easy distance from the home of Munster rugby in Thomond park, the hotel staff were just so helpfull in everything we required we stayed in the Vernon suite and what a room it had the WOW factor from the moment we entered the room it was just perfect, some times people forget how hard hotel staff work and we have to say that when were there in the hotel and it was very busy due to the Bank holiday and the Cork Jazz festival taking place the city the staff made it a most lovely place to stay from the reception to the cleaners to the bar staff all just wonderfull people who had time for all customers we would highly recommend this hotel to anybody

Room Tip: if you can book the Vernon suite take it as it is just lovely room and has everything you need
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Dear stp12_12,

Thank you very much for such great review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our luxurious suites. They are indeed wonderful rooms, and may I add at very good value for money as they can bee booked from only an extra €40.00 supplement on our standard room rate.

I also would like to thank you for the kind words in relation to our staff. It is extremely rewarding when our customers acknowledge the great work done by our personnel on a daily basis.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Silver Springs a good few times now, over the years, and have never really been dissapointed, with the hotel Lounge/Bar very nice, the rooms are ok, Nice flat screen TV and free WIFI which has quite good speeds, I suppose the bathrooms could do with a wee bit of updating, but nothing to complain about and most importantly clean.

The real reason for my review is the food, I don't know whats happened in the kitchen, but full marks to whoever is in charge, every dish I have tried is fantastic with great presentation as well, It really does make a difference as I usually swap between hotels in Cork, but I'm happy to stick with The Silver Springs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dougstar,

Thank you very much for such lovely review in relation to your recent stay.

We are deligthed that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments to our Head Chef and his team, as it gives us tremendous pride when we receive such great feedback.

I also wish to inform you that we have just started refurbishing all guests bathrooms, and they will all be completed by the end of the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while on business.

Overall the hotel is fine but there are a few things to keep in mind.

Hotel is a bit of a walk from city centre. In fairness they do advertise this but just be aware.

Check in and check out was efficient and staff were friendly.

Room was furnished ok (bathrooms a bit outdated though, and could do with an extractor fan) but my room had a problem with damp / condensation. The sheets felt noticeably damp when I got into them one night. A shirt I had hanging up felt the same the next morning. It had been raining pretty heavy that day so perhaps this was a contributing factor.

The food in the bar was nice but please dont serve the fish in a fryer basket. You may think it looks cool but it is a pain to eat out of. Forget this nonsense and put it on a plate. The food was nice, it does not need gimmicks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear JustinKearney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post review in relation to your recent stay.

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and I thank you for bringing your views to our attention.

We are very aware about the need to refurbish the bathrooms and we will be starting a full refurbishment of all bathrooms from beginning of November 2013.

I also thank you for your comments regarding our staff. We are delighted that despite your overall stay was not satisfactory, the friendliness and efficiency of our staff had a positive impression.

With regards to your comments about the food in our Lounge Bar, I wish to inform you that our Head Chef has recently launched a brand new menu with an enhanced focus on a more sophisticated presentation, which has been received by our customers with wonderful feedback. The frying basket for the fish and chips is only meant to be on the plate for presentation purpose only, and if you found this an inconvenience I am sincerely sorry.

JustinKearney, I hope that this last experience will not deter you from coming back to our hotel, as we would be delighted to welcoming you back especially with our newly renovated guest room bathrooms. Should I also be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Celebrated our Wedding Day in Silversprings Moran Hotel in September.
Staff were fantastic - friendly and welcoming especially Mariska during the run up to our wedding and James on the day.
Our drinks reception was relaxed and enjoyable with Conor from the hotel providing the musical entertainment.
All of our guests commented on the venue and how delicious the food was which in our eyes is the most important requirement - to make sure our guests were taken care of.
We had a stress free day and were able to relax and enjoy the company of our friends and family.
Breakfast was excellent and rooms were comfy and clean
We would have no hesitation in recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brooksmrsb78
Dear brooksmrsb78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your Wedding.

We are truly delighted that you and your guests had such a wonderful time on the most important day of your married life.

Organizing a wedding as you know can be quite stressful, and our team are exceptional at ensuring that we look after all details so that you and your guests can focus on just enjoying the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your first wedding anniversary, and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.