“Does the job”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Ireland
“Does the job”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a night while in Cork. The rooms were okay and the breakfast was lovely. The hotel wasn't easily found and it is outside the city. Nothing really wrong with it but I don't think I'd stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear JoyIreland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for the positive comments; however I am terribly sorry to read that you would not choose to stay with us again in the future, and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this in person to help you reconsider. I am available to be contacted directly on 021 450 7533 or silversprings.frontoffice@morahotels.com

Kind regards

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Sligo, Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2013

one of the best business meeting venues in cork, foyer cafe/bistro, superb seating, great staff, superb food, snacks, drinks, free wi-fi, and time is not enforced. have stayed here before and rooms are good also!

Room Tip: if you are visiting cork with business meetings on the agenda, use the Silver Springs, great venue...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PMM2013
Dear PMM2013,

Thank you very much for such wonderful comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. It is great to read that we consistently meet your expectations. We have indeed upgraded our Internet connection and the feedback from all our customers has been extremely positive. We have also launched our new Lounge Menu, which has been received as a great success by all our regular guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

cork
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having heard mixed reviews about this hotel, i was thrilled by my experience, with only one negitive. On arrival we were given the wrong room, so we had to move rooms, as i booked a twin room and smoking, but was giving a double and non smoking. My friends also were given a double room when they booked a twin too. on passing reception more people were having hassle with their rooms too. Anyway we stayed here because it was a family wedding. I must admit the service, food and staff could not have been better. Every member of staff were really helpful and friendly. The food was outstanding, and very prompt between courses. The staff deserve a pat on the back for their hard work. And finally the rooms, were spotless. Overall very impressed, regardless of the mix up with rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear jncork,

Thank you very much for taking the time to writing a review in relation to your recent visit

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your kind comments as to the level of service you experienced during your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding your room move, however I am relieved that this small error did not spoil your overall experience of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

cork
Reviewed September 6, 2013

we had our wedding here a few weeks ago and everything was fantastic. from the food which there was no shortage of and the service from the staff was brilliant even though there was 2 weddings that day everything went smoothly. also stayed there other times and ate in the restaurant which was lovely. would recommend to anyone for a wedding or even just a break away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Catodonovan
Dear Catodonovan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It gave us great pleasure to read your comments; a wedding is a day that stays in people's memory for the rest of their lives, and it gives us great pride to know that we contributed in making the day so special.

I will ensure that your praises are passed to all our staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next wedding anniversary.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked the hotel for fri n sat nite last week, we had a few queries that required return calls, I must say a lady named Fiona was so helpful I can not say enough about her, I could not thank her on our arrival as she was busy and then off duty. The hotel is a bit of a walk fem cork city 10e return in taxi. The restaurant food was fab but v slow. The 2 bar staff both nits were v funny and courteous, I don't no the name of the guy who served us bar food on our arrival (which was v good) he was excellent at his job as well as Aron and bob! The music in the lounge was v good. I am looking forward to a return visit, well done to a b well run and cheery hotel. Noeleen and Kieran

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Noeleenredmond
Dear Noeleen and Kieran,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we are truly appreciative for mentioning the names of the staff that made your stay so memorable, I can assure you that your comments will be passed to our staff, as it is always a pleasure to find that our customer are acknowleding the level of service that we are providing here at The Silver Springs Moran Hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Well I had a bit of a nightmare finding this place because the location according to Garmin is a further 1.5 miles down the road. Anyhow I did find it.

Check in was a bit slow. The single receptionist had to juggle phone calls along with checking in guests at 6pm, I think maybe the hotel could arrange for more than 1 person to be on reception at peak times.

I paid £60gbp for one night here.

Positives:

Enormous Room
Very Fast Wifi (for a free hotel service) can watch youtube videos no problem
Comfortable bed
Loads of pillows
Free Car Park

Negatives:

Tap on Bath was broken. Had to fill a bath using the shower
Bathroom felt a little dated.
Slow service on reception
a few miles from central cork

This would have got 4/5 if reception was quicker and the taps in the bathroom worked. Would probably stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review regaring your recent visit.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we are especially pleased that you were impressed with the speed of our internet, as we believe it is imperative for a hotel of our standard to offer a fast and efficient internet connection.

It is also important for us that our customers acknowledge the great value for money that we offer here at The Silver Springs, as we believe here in Cork no other hotel offers such level of service at such competitive prices.

I also appreciate your comments in relation to the staffing level at Reception and I can assure you that we will address this issue.

In relation to your comments regarding the guests bathrooms, I wish to inform you that we are planning to refurbish all guest rooms bathrooms by the end of this year.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Wexford
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights with family whilst in Cork.

Bathrooms could do with a good revamp, old '70's retro-colour-matching suites with Bedaes...!?
They need to 'get with it'...
I havent seen a 'cistern handle-push' toilet in a hotel in 10 years.!

Our room overlooked some big convention centre next door (which is part of the hotel also?). this looked like a house of horrors and had windows smashed in it and everything.

Bar food was rough enough - you always know you have a problem when you get a bowl of 'cremated chips'.... It shows the chef doesn't give a [--] and will serve up anything.

Breakfast was basic enough too, plates are small to make sure you don't get too much.

All in all, i wouldn't be going back.
BUT - i must say this - the STAFF are the friendliest people i have met in a hotel in years and couldnt do enough. They were polite and courtious. Its just a pity their bosses dont have the same respect for the clients - get a qualified chef (who can cook chips?) and revamp your bathrooms!

• Stayed July 2013