I have stayed her a few times over the past months. The hotel has generally delivered each time and to be honest I am reasonably impressed.
The building is obviously from the terrible times of architecture when concrete was king and it shows in a lot of places. The rooms a small enough but brightly decorated. You can see the historic wall finishes behind the radiators where things are peeling a bit as well as in the bathrooms with brown porcelain suites and shower heads positioned at a height for the Under-10 girls football team. The broadband works quite well and the TV's do have a decent signal.
The view can be nice from the rooms facing the Lee and the service in the bar area for food and drinks has been very good with competent and friendly staff.
The breakfast is nice during the week with table service for hot breakfast but the buffet on weekend mornings is more in keeping with the 'Paddy Factor' Irish hotel breakfast that resemble a scrum.
Not bad...not bad at all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in sylvan terraced grounds just 3km from the city centre and 11km from Cork Airport. With over 100 guest rooms, superb cuisine, versatile conference facilities, fully equipped leisure facility & exceptional service the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs has everything you need to make your stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clayton Hotel Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Springs Moran Cork
- Hotel Silver Springs Moran
- Silver Springs Hotel Cork