Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
$160
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,160 results
All reviewsbar foodnice hotelcity centretwo double bedsbit datedkids clubfood was lovelyleisure facilitiesfota wildlife parkstayed here for one nightlast weekendenjoyable staytop classbreakfast was excellentwould highly recommend this hotelfollowing morningconference
Reviewed February 20, 2013

stayed 2 nights recently on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed our visit room was clean comfortable good sleep quiet at night and a good view during the day staff at all parts were helpful and friendly especially the bar and room maintenance we would recommend silver springs and if we were being picky breakfast was a disappointment and even when ordered on the second day things just didnt run smooth that said plus things outweighed and we hope to return late summer

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have lovely views if you book online retain your emails copy re preferences etc
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have just returned from an overnight stay by invitation from manager Juan and I have to say my husband and I will return again as every one from reception( where we were met by two sooo friendly receptionists ) to restaurant (where we had a gorgeous meal) and the bar( where staff were helpful, chatty and friendly) were all the nicest one could ever meet . We really enjoyed our stay and would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone so thanks to Juan and all the staff of the silver springs hotel well done to all staff in all areas for friendliness and efficiency and for making our stay so nice and we will be back.

Room Tip: 4th floor back rooms nice and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Ann D,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay and I am sorry that I missed you on arrival and I was unable to welcome you back in person.

It gives us great pride to read your lovely comments and we cannot wait to welcome you and your family back in the near future, and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice,silversprings@moranhotels.com or on 021 450 7533.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm a business traveller. Booked the hotel on the day. The reservations girl took my details but not my credit card. She asked what time I would arrive, I said after 7pm. At 8pm, I received a call from the hotel saying that as I hadn't arrived when intended, they were giving away my room.

As I was on my way, this news was surprising to say the least, but my credit card secured the booking & the receptionist was apologetic when I arrived. Full house apparently.

What I didn't like was that it took me ages to find a parking space & had a bit of a walk to the entrance. On the way up, my high heel got stuck on a grate outside the restaurant & pulled the whole heel off my shoe!!! Unfortunate but I suppose I can't blame the hotel for it. Doubt I'm the first woman it's happened to.

The lobby was impressive. The staff were friendly. The room was average, but was very disappointed that I had been allocated a smoking room. As a staunch non-smoker, I was disgusted by the smell.

Found the room clean & bed comfie. Bathroom was clean too.

I ordered cheesecake from room service as a treat and paid €6.95. I was bitterly disappointed in it too. Soggy and room temperature.

I was due to go back but have changed my plans.

My price didn't include breakfast so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Crystallamp

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay.

I am extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues that you raised and hopefully help you reconsider and give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, please contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com or on 021 450 7533.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2nights this week I found the lighting in room very poor Bathroom was not veryclean the shower holder was coming away from the wall and the paint was falling from ceiling. the hotel has no Leisure Centre,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Securityman186605
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues that you raised in more detail.

We pride ourselves for offering excellent level of cleanliness throughout all our guest rooms and public areas, and this has been recognized by independent inspectors awarding our hotel on a yearly basis. However if on this occasion the bathroom was not up to a level expected from a hotel of our category I sincerely apologize and I have informed the relevant parties to avoid a similar incident reoccurring.

With regards to your comments about not providing a leisure centre, please accept our apologies if you were misinformed, however we do provide the complimentary use of Source Leisure Centre which is located within the grounds of the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a gig in cork.

The hotel itself was on a very busy road and a good bit away from the city, walking distance if you have a spare 30-45mins or an easy taxi ride.

It is perched on a hill however provides no real view or anything and the walk to and from town is just run down properties all the way.

However the bed was very comfy!!! that's the main thing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your sleep and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please let me know if I can assist you in allocating a room with a better view.

Yours sincerely,